There are 85 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Reinforcements are coming for the 49ers

Originally posted by Baldie:
You said it, but does ATL have picks they can give up? Also ATL needs help in other areas and the draft would help them out. I don't know if they would give up a 2nd rounder for Gordon knowing they already have 2 explosive WR's.

They will eventually need to get a TE.....Gonzales is done after this season.

They need offensive and defensive linemen badly, not to mention a halfback and a replacement for Gonzales. They are gonna need all of the draft picks and then some luck in free agency. If I were the falcons owner I would start looking for a coach that doesn't suck too...
Originally posted by 49erWay:
Really great news. You know those guys are dying to play too. Niner staff has surely had them doing conditioning work somehow, wouldn't doubt they have been working out in pools and such. There are also sonic pool tubs and other equipment for example that have been around forever that cause an almost electric pulse in the water you can put your legs, or whole body in that loosen up damaged stuff and help you recover quite well.

These guys will be chomping at the bit from the first snap they get and will have a rhythm within 3 games. Carradine and Dial have "momma said knock you out" all over them too lol. Betting they are "snot knockers" right out of the gate.

And McDonald is fine. And Justin Smith is getting rest. And Aldon Smith will be back and really, really pissed.

Then.....Crabtree.

Seattle? You hear your demise coming in the distance when you put your ear to the ground? Gluteus Maximus muscles getting a little tighter?

Can't wait for them to come to Candlestick.

I can't stand the Hawks, but to be fair they should get better too. Harvin will eventually return, and they have been missed 3/5 of their O line. The simple fact is they have ownage over the 49ers now. I would love to see both teams fully healthy for the rematch at the Stick. It is time to find out which team is really better, outside of that boom box they call a stadium. Potentially the game of the year.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
You said it, but does ATL have picks they can give up? Also ATL needs help in other areas and the draft would help them out. I don't know if they would give up a 2nd rounder for Gordon knowing they already have 2 explosive WR's.

They need offensive and defensive linemen badly, not to mention a halfback and a replacement for Gonzales. They are gonna need all of the draft picks and then some luck in free agency. If I were the falcons owner I would start looking for a coach that doesn't suck too...

Mike Smith is a fantastic coach actually. He turned that franchise into a winner the moment he stepped in, and their team has been consistently good up until this season. (Which I think is hilarious how they lost to the JETS last night.) Lol

Exactly. I'd be surprised if they go after Gordon. Most teams that are contenders pretty much have a solid WR core (Denver, Indy, Cincy, Saints). Seattle and SF are the only ones that have mediocr WR corps right now and I would not be surprised if Seattle is in mix at some point.
Originally posted by Kronos2560:
Mike Smith is a fantastic coach actually. He turned that franchise into a winner the moment he stepped in, and their team has been consistently good up until this season. (Which I think is hilarious how they lost to the JETS last night.) Lol

He makes stupid decisions at vital times in the game. The going for it on 4th and goal right before halftime is just the latest example, that took away the chance for them to win the game. He is decent most of the time, but in the clutch, he sucks.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

Exactly. I'd be surprised if they go after Gordon. Most teams that are contenders pretty much have a solid WR core (Denver, Indy, Cincy, Saints). Seattle and SF are the only ones that have mediocr WR corps right now and I would not be surprised if Seattle is in mix at some point.

If the Browns are asking for a 2nd, I'd do it before other teams start jumping in.
Originally posted by mayo49:

If the Browns are asking for a 2nd, I'd do it before other teams start jumping in.

Josh Gordon could blow up in our faces. He's keeping clean so far this season -- but his next suspension for testing positive for any drug will be a season-long suspension. He's also been a bit of a DIVA -- the last thing we need in a Harbaugh locker room.

Once we get Manningham and Crabs back -- we'll be in pretty good shape. Don't count out Patton either. I still think he makes a contribution to the team before the season's done. He's hungry.

There's no doubt in my mind that Josh Gordon is 1st or 2nd round talent. The problem is he comes wrapped in a 7th round or free agent brain.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Josh Gordon could blow up in our faces. He's keeping clean so far this season -- but his next suspension for testing positive for any drug will be a season-long suspension. He's also been a bit of a DIVA -- the last thing we need in a Harbaugh locker room.

Once we get Manningham and Crabs back -- we'll be in pretty good shape. Don't count out Patton either. I still think he makes a contribution to the team before the season's done. He's hungry.

There's no doubt in my mind that Josh Gordon is 1st or 2nd round talent. The problem is he comes wrapped in a 7th round or free agent brain.

Yeah, I hear you. I'm torn on this one, he could be a solid pick up or he could be a disaster. Glad I'm not the one making these decisions.
Originally posted by billbird2111:

There's definitely a risk attached with Gordon, which is why the 49ers are very cautious about what they give up for him. I think because of the baggage he carries, the Browns will probably not get a 2nd rounder for him, but we'll see. If they think that anything less than a 2nd rounder is not worth it for them, they will just have to keep him, and they may very well do that. Knowing Baalke, he probably is extremely hesitant to give up a 2nd round pick for Gordon, even though we are likely to have 2 of them next year.
dont give up a 2nd for josh gordon, f**k the browns
Originally posted by ads_2006:
dont give up a 2nd for josh gordon, f**k the browns

I think it's "f**k the browns" either way. Whatever decision we make it will not be for the sake of the Browns, but based on our own cost-benefit and risk-reward analysis.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Does this 1 year suspension thing go on for the rest of his career or does it fall off at a certain point?
Originally posted by Bobbi9698:
Originally posted by Wu-5Rings:
We have so many draft picks.. We cant keep them all.. We suck at drafting wr... Our locker will set any knuckle head straight... He is 22 years old and has alot of upside... Just bc mario and crabtree is coming back doesnt mean nothing bc it will still take time to get to their old self or maybe they will never be.. The 49ers are built to win now... Not next year not 10 years... We have waited long enough... Give keap the damn weapon... Its a win win situation.. He is 22 years old... Who hasnt gotten into trouble when they were 22? He is still a kid. Get him trent!!!

Really? Really? How well did our locker room straighten out Aldon Smith? Do you blame these guys for not wanting another one of these?

It's a gamble regardless... Whether u draft or in free agency..... You are dealing with young athletes with money.... It's not a secret that we haven't been able to develop wr. We are not going to be able to keep all these draft picks... So instead of moving up or down or pick at our draft spot and get another AJ JENKINS...... I rather get Gordon knowing he can make plays...
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Originally posted by Wu-5Rings:
We have so many draft picks.. We cant keep them all.. We suck at drafting wr... Our locker will set any knuckle head straight... He is 22 years old and has alot of upside... Just bc mario and crabtree is coming back doesnt mean nothing bc it will still take time to get to their old self or maybe they will never be.. The 49ers are built to win now... Not next year not 10 years... We have waited long enough... Give keap the damn weapon... Its a win win situation.. He is 22 years old... Who hasnt gotten into trouble when they were 22? He is still a kid. Get him trent!!!

Aldon Smith and Ahmad Brooks say:

At least it's not a Von miller, Maurice clarettt, Lawrence Phillips type of situation.. At least Alldon smith admitted he has a problem.... Not many would..... Ahmad???? Don't mess with a guy who is drunk.... No brainier to me. Haven't heard anything else besides that from Ahmad. Not toning it down but there's a lot worse out there....
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Oct 8, 2013 at 1:22 PM ]

Do it now before there is a bidding war or basically before Atlanta beats us to it.

Atlanta is desperate now, at 1 and 4, losing Julio for the season and with Roddy still far from 100% from his ankle injury, they will do anything.