There are 102 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Reinforcements are coming for the 49ers

I still think we make a deal before the deadline for 2 reasons. First because we simply can't use all of the draft picks we're stockpiling again and secondly as much as I'm excited for Manningham and Crabtree to return soon, it may take them a few weeks to make an impact. So let's go after someone who's producing now (Josh Gordon) and can hit the ground running.
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
I just heard on NFLAM that the 49ers and Browns are trying to work out a trade for WR Josh Gordon but the Browns want a 2nd rounder and the 49ers aren't willing. I'd give the Titans 3rd rounder for this dude. He's tall, athletic explosive and fast.

Yea figures the niners trying to low ball them, hope that doesn't f**k up the trade
We have two seconds and don't want to give one up for Gordon? Damn the FO is stingy.
Originally posted by NinerGod:
We have two seconds and don't want to give one up for Gordon? Damn the FO is stingy.

You are aware of this guy's off the field problems right? A 2nd round draft choice is a high price to pay for a big risk in Gordon, even if we have 2 of them.

Titans 3rd and our 4th would be acceptable. Doubt the Browns can do better than that.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
I just heard on NFLAM that the 49ers and Browns are trying to work out a trade for WR Josh Gordon but the Browns want a 2nd rounder and the 49ers aren't willing. I'd give the Titans 3rd rounder for this dude. He's tall, athletic explosive and fast.

What exactly did they say?
Originally posted by mayo49:
What exactly did they say?

Exactly...
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Looks like McDonald is going to be ok.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/harbaugh-mcdonalds-mri-checks-out-fine
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Cam Inman ‏@CamInman4m
#49ers Michael Crabtree on practice field doing individual conditioning jumps right now, so he indeed may be on track for mid-Nov comeback

holy

MB and MM both reported that he looks surprisingly spry for a guy who is 5 months removed from a ruptured achilles. I will keep my fingers crossed.

If I had to pick one guy in the NFL that could step onto the field after a long layoff and perform it would be Crabtree. The guy is an extremely intelligent football player and works hard.
We have so many draft picks.. We cant keep them all.. We suck at drafting wr... Our locker will set any knuckle head straight... He is 22 years old and has alot of upside... Just bc mario and crabtree is coming back doesnt mean nothing bc it will still take time to get to their old self or maybe they will never be.. The 49ers are built to win now... Not next year not 10 years... We have waited long enough... Give keap the damn weapon... Its a win win situation.. He is 22 years old... Who hasnt gotten into trouble when they were 22? He is still a kid. Get him trent!!!
Originally posted by Wu-5Rings:
We have so many draft picks.. We cant keep them all.. We suck at drafting wr... Our locker will set any knuckle head straight... He is 22 years old and has alot of upside... Just bc mario and crabtree is coming back doesnt mean nothing bc it will still take time to get to their old self or maybe they will never be.. The 49ers are built to win now... Not next year not 10 years... We have waited long enough... Give keap the damn weapon... Its a win win situation.. He is 22 years old... Who hasnt gotten into trouble when they were 22? He is still a kid. Get him trent!!!

Aldon Smith and Ahmad Brooks say:
Originally posted by Wu-5Rings:

Really? Really? How well did our locker room straighten out Aldon Smith? Do you blame these guys for not wanting another one of these?
We have so many draft picks, I say why not take a chance. We drafted well for the future this past draft. Our window to keep THIS team intact is closing and we don't know exactly know who will be here next season. In my opinion we have a great opportunity NOW to win the SB if we can get Gordon. He has off field issues but I think this coaching staff can straighten him out along with the veterans on this team. Boldin, Crabs, and Manningham can mentor him a bit.

We just don't know how much of in impact Manningham will provide when he returns. And with Crabs, in my opinion, he may or may not come back despite what the reports are saying. Even if he does, he won't be explosive right off the bat which is what we'll need in December.
Well, with the news of Julio Jones being out for the year, Josh Gordon's value may have just gone up.
Really great news. You know those guys are dying to play too. Niner staff has surely had them doing conditioning work somehow, wouldn't doubt they have been working out in pools and such. There are also sonic pool tubs and other equipment for example that have been around forever that cause an almost electric pulse in the water you can put your legs, or whole body in that loosen up damaged stuff and help you recover quite well.

These guys will be chomping at the bit from the first snap they get and will have a rhythm within 3 games. Carradine and Dial have "momma said knock you out" all over them too lol. Betting they are "snot knockers" right out of the gate.

And McDonald is fine. And Justin Smith is getting rest. And Aldon Smith will be back and really, really pissed.

Then.....Crabtree.

Seattle? You hear your demise coming in the distance when you put your ear to the ground? Gluteus Maximus muscles getting a little tighter?

Can't wait for them to come to Candlestick.

Originally posted by real9erfan:
Well, with the news of Julio Jones being out for the year, Josh Gordon's value may have just gone up.

You said it, but does ATL have picks they can give up? Also ATL needs help in other areas and the draft would help them out. I don't know if they would give up a 2nd rounder for Gordon knowing they already have 2 explosive WR's.

They will eventually need to get a TE.....Gonzales is done after this season.
[ Edited by Baldie on Oct 8, 2013 at 11:06 AM ]