There are 73 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Reinforcements are coming for the 49ers

Oh yeaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!!!
http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2013/10/reinforcements-coming-carradine-dial-manningham-etc-close-to-joining-49ers.html
Jim Harbaugh today said the 49ers' two rookie defensive linemen, Tank Carradine and Quinton Dial, are on track to begin practicing for the first time next week. After they start practicing, the team has a three-week window with which to add them to the 53-man roster or shut them down completely for the season. Carradine, a second-round pick who is coming off an ACL injury suffered in November, will play defensive end and is ostensibly the long-term replacement for Justin Smith. Dial, who Harbaugh said was up to 340-350 pounds, would play nose tackle. "Moving real well," Harbaugh said of Dial, a fifth-round pick. "So high hopes for him."

He said he expected both to contribute this season, although they likely will need plenty of practice before they are game-ready. That news comes as the 49ers await word on defensive end Ray McDonald, who suffered a right biceps injury in the third quarter Sunday. McDonald is having an MRI on the arm today, which will determine how much time he'll miss.

The results of that MRI were not available in time for Harbaugh's noon press conference. Harbaugh also had good news about wide receivers Mario Manningham and Michael Crabtree. Like Dial and Carradine, Manningham is on track to resume practicing with the team next week as it prepares for a two week trip to Nashville and then London. He said Crabtree is on schedule to return to the field by mid to late November, which is in line with a six-month rehabilitation from his May 21 Achilles' tendon tear. Crabtree has been running and doing agility drills, and he has looked remarkably spry for someone who had a complete rupture less than five months ago. Two more defensive players could join the ranks in coming weeks as well.

Like the others listed above, cornerback Eric Wright currently is on the non-football injury list, and Harbaugh said he, too, could start practicing next week. All of the players on NFI are eligible to start practicing after Week 6 to Week 11. From that point, there is a three-week window for putting them on the 53-man roster.

"Dial, who Harbaugh said was up to 340-350 pounds, would play nose tackle. "

Has this dude been doing nothing but eating the whole time since the draft?
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Oct 7, 2013 at 1:32 PM ]
When Ian Williams got hurt.....

Dial ate him.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
When Ian Williams got hurt.....

Dial ate him.

What ever works lmao!

This is great timing for our guys to start coming back! They been severely missed tho we weathered the storm so to speak!!! f**k yeah bring on the cards...!!!!! Tied for 2nd in the west, only 1 team will come out on top!!

Goniners
Dial 340-350 lookin like jerry ball or gilbert brown! Our line will be clogged, hopefully he maintains more speed then ball n brown!

Goniners
This pleases me...
The 49ers might just be that wild card team that no one wants to play because their end of the year record will not reflect what they are capable of doing when the playoffs roll around.
Originally posted by thl408:
The 49ers might just be that wild card team that no one wants to play because their end of the year record will not reflect what they are capable of doing when the playoffs roll around.

f**k the wildcard, go for the division title.
Bowman ain't even excited.

for all we know, these dudes are gonna suck kak. U know who didn't suk kak and showed promise? Cam Johnson, the dude we traded for a 7th rounder. Oh yea, and that guy Parys Harelson, he was pretty good too.
Cam Johnson and Parys were safe bets and one safe bet that cost money, Baalke doesn't do a lot of safe bets.
[ Edited by OregonNiner87 on Oct 7, 2013 at 1:53 PM ]
Cam Inman ‏@CamInman4m
#49ers Michael Crabtree on practice field doing individual conditioning jumps right now, so he indeed may be on track for mid-Nov comeback

+ this year, no late Dec game in Seattle where a Niner invariably sacrifices a body part and the team's playoff chances take a hit...
Its good news.....but we don't know how much of an impact they will make.

Tank/Dial - As far as depth, that is good news. Hopefully Mcdonald isn't out too long and Aldon comes back maybe after the bye.

Manningham/Crabs - We are not sure how much of an impact these two will have. I'm excited as most of you are but these injures that their coming back from, aside from AP, they need get the physical and mental part of the game back in their heads. It'll take them time before they play withoutout fear of reinjuring themselves again. I've never had that injury personally but just hearing players talk about that type of injury. I hope I'm wrong though. There were rumors awhile back about a Browns/49ers trade for Josh Gordon, reportedly for a 2nd round pick I believe (not sure if $ as well). I think our coaching staff can help the kid out with his off the field issues (ie, Aldon). Wouldn't that be a security blanket for our WR core? Having Boldin, Crabs, Manningham, and Gordon as our WR core for the playoffs....that would be insane.
[ Edited by Baldie on Oct 7, 2013 at 2:03 PM ]
I'm excited to see what Carradine is capable of. He looked close to being game ready back in April. I saw some of his workout videos and he looked pretty good back then. I'm sure he is fully healed at this point. Hopefully, he has been studying and comes to practice ready to play.

Not expecting much from Dial. He's a rookie 5th round pick. He should be healthy, but probably won't provide much more than just depth.

Manningham is the wildcard. He's had enough time to recover. But his position depends so much more on his speed and ability to cut than the DL guys. We have no idea what he will look like on the field when he comes back. Since he hasn't been allowed to practice, my guess is nobody knows what he will look like. He was never a star receiver to begin with. Unless he comes back just as good as he was when he got injured, we are still in a s**t hole at WR.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by thl408:

f**k the wildcard, go for the division title.
@VaBeachNiner.....almost like how the Giants won their SB a couple years ago. I won't be suprised if we get in that situation. Unless Seattle loses a couple more games and we win out the rest of our games. The Hawk and Saints games are going to be tough. Yes we're playing the Hawks at home, but its not a gaurantee we win that either.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Bowman ain't even excited.

for all we know, these dudes are gonna suck kak. U know who didn't suk kak and showed promise? Cam Johnson, the dude we traded for a 7th rounder. Oh yea, and that guy Parys Harelson, he was pretty good too.

Still not over it? While Skuta and Lemon-YAY look just fine?