LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 266 users in the forums

2013 - Week 5: Thoughts after rewatching the game...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rsrkshn:
It's risky, but I'm coming around to this. Baalke cannot identify latent wr talent in the draft to save his life. Gordon looks like a special talent with skills the Niners don't have even with all their receiver fully healthy. But why would the Browns let him go? Not unless they received crazy remuneration. They'll not get that from the Niners. But if the Niners could pull it off . . .

not worth it. a loose cannon who is not worth one of our second round picks. the best they would get from me is a fourth. i do not like his issues. I do understand the concern with our current crop of wide outs and I do not I am taking the philosophy that I am "hoping" mario will be fine but still this guy....
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
sorry,, did not spell right.. big shock and awe there
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Sigh.

I thinks its funny how when I point something out and all of the sudden I'm saying that Reid sucks. Reid misses some tackles he should make. Its a fact. He also hits like a truck and makes a number of really good tackles. Two things can be equally true.

If it was just 1 or 2 tackles vs Houston then i would never have said anything, but I've seen it all year. I'm not saying he is not or can't be a very good tackler. I'm saying he's missing some tackles he should make. This is simply a small criticism of a player whom I think can be better than the All-Pro player he's replacing.

I dunno how I can make that any more clear. I'm done responding to this issue BTW. I see what I see. You don't see it? Good for you.

Noob just over reacted Marv
Josh Gordon is not worth a 2nd rd pick. Team already has enough trouble with Aldon Smith.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
man I hope Reid can have the durability of Goldson....my god if we can have him for every game...dude looks like he is going All Pro in no time...usually I don't jump to conclusions like this...but he just impresses me every time he is out there.

goldson early in his career didn't actually stay that healthy.
Gordon is a tough call, the guy has tons of talent, but what if he decides to party with Aldon after a game? We really could use the guy but he could be a lot of trouble. Maybe the idea of playing on a contending team would help keep him focused. It is something for the front office to consider carefully.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Gordon is a tough call, the guy has tons of talent, but what if he decides to party with Aldon after a game? We really could use the guy but he could be a lot of trouble. Maybe the idea of playing on a contending team would help keep him focused. It is something for the front office to consider carefully.

If they do trade for Gordon then I hope he parties with Aldon and Boone after the games. I believe the preferred drinks would be coffee, tea and water.
^^^ Nice job NinerBuff. You basically summed it up well nicely! Let's get a nice 3-game win streak going here and roll wit it throughout.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
^^^ Nice job NinerBuff. You basically summed it up well nicely! Let's get a nice 3-game win streak going here and roll wit it throughout.

there is a big part of me that wants to say..... you are assuming roman is capable of calling three good games in a row,,,,, however for the sake of a possible derailment of this thread, i will restrain myself
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
The best part of all of this is that there are only 2 teams ahead of us right now in the NFC (Seattle @ 4-1 and the Saints @ 5-0). That's it...all other division leaders are currently at 2 or 3 wins. And we JUST went through the toughest part of our schedule, at one point, had something like 14 injuries after the Seattle game plus a few other key injuries/losses after that (Willis, Aldon, etc.). As a result, some of the youngsters have played well to very well (Skuta, Lemonier, Wilhoite, Brock, Spillman, etc.). And with potentially, a number of reserves coming into the mix/fold starting next week, we are in very good shape. Focus on the Cardinals game 100%. Their defense was a terror last game so we'll need to take advantage of that aggression. Get through that game and we're off and running!

When I looked at our schedule during the summer, I saw us going 3-2 to start the year and finishing 12-4 (I thought we'd beat the Colts and lose to the Rams). Obviously every game is big, but there are a few huge games...

Week 6: Home vs. ARI - should be a win, improve to 2-1 in division
Week 7: @ TEN: Tough 10am start, but considering Locker is out, I think we still should win this one.
Week 8: @ JAX (London): I would be very disappointed if we lost, plain and simple.
Week 9: Bye - We should be 6-2 at the bye and getting healthy !!
Week 10: Home vs. CAR: should be a win, considering the Panthers aren't good and it's at home after a Bye
Week 11: @ NO: HUGE GAME!!! Could determine our seeding in the playoffs or even homefield. It'll be one of those games where we need to outscore the opponent. Hopefully we'll have Manningham back and Vernon will be healthy. For the record, I put this one down as a loss during the summer.
Week 12: @ WAS (MNF): I thought this would be a loss too, but WAS has looked bad. It could be a nice statement win on National TV
Week 13: Home vs. STL: No indication that team can beat us, plus it's at home - 3 and 1 in division
Week 14: Home vs. SEA: BIGGEST GAME OF THE YEAR! A win nullifies that loss early and would put us at 4-1 in division
Week 15: @ TB: I thought this would be a tough game, but they're in shambles right now.
Week 16: Home vs. ATL (MNF): I thought this would be a tough game too, but after watching them lose to the Jets at home, they look average at best. I cant see us losing the Candlestick going away party.
Week 17: @ ARI: HUGE GAME! Although I think ARI has benefitted from an easy schedule, they're still 3-2 and will probably be in the hunt for a final playoff spot. A win here would guarantee us at least a tie of the best record (in-division) and may be crucial to winning the division.

Looks like the Titans game is a 1:05 start.

• cciowa
  • Veteran

the ten am start time in game 7 is very very troubling to me esp after last year when they came to the midwest for a ten am game vs the vikes and got kicked. i think they need to come to the central time zone area two days early to prepare them
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Looks like the Titans game is a 1:05 start.
that makes me feel better. gee i did a knee jerk reaction before i knew the facts! who would ever think i would do that
I rewatched the Houston game last night. Anyone notice that every single run Gore had was from Kaep under center? I wonder if that was a coincidence.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Josh Gordon is not worth a 2nd rd pick. Team already has enough trouble with Aldon Smith.

Yeah one more failed test and he's done for a season. I could hear the complaining now if that happened with us.
Originally posted by verb1der:
I rewatched the Houston game last night. Anyone notice that every single run Gore had was from Kaep under center? I wonder if that was a coincidence.

This is what I and others have been asking for a while now... and if were going to be in the pistol/read option, that we have someone more shiftier back there like Hunter or James.

now the only thing I want us to is use some play action here and there on 1st and 2nd downs.... I hate when we go 2-3 series in a row where its run run pass..run run pass. A few bootleg keepers to Kap could also open things up for Gore up the middle.
Share 49ersWebzone