There are 80 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 - Week 5: Thoughts after rewatching the game...

You want doom and gloom? Go to the San Diego Charger Forum. There you will find doom and gloom. In spades.
Originally posted by billbird2111:
You want doom and gloom? Go to the San Diego Charger Forum. There you will find doom and gloom. In spades.

also the texans boards lol
  • Buchy
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 756
I'm not worried at all about Kap to be honest. We were 21-0 up by midway through the 2nd quarter, we didn't need to pass it, we got to play conservatively and stick by the running game eating the clock. I think if Houston had gone to 21-10 or 2-14 we'd have mixed up the game and put more into the air but we had no need to.

We were efficient, we didn't need to chase and the pressure was on them. Played it correctly in my opinion.
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
You want doom and gloom? Go to the San Diego Charger Forum. There you will find doom and gloom. In spades.

also the texans boards lol

Reaing the in-game commentary is funny.
Isn't Vernon 's injury a hamstring? Would that affect straight-line speed as well as anything else?

That TD he had it didn't look like there was anything wrong. He blew that DB away.

I'm not sure we' re completely in the the loop as far as the extent of his injury.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by SolAsch24:
Terrible analysis of Eric Reid. I only saw him miss 1 tackle and yet made multiple great plays stopping the players from getting extra yardage and almost had another INT.


OK...if you say so. LOL. When the game is available I'll show you EXACTLY what I'm talking about with timestamps. I ain't making this sh*t up.


Originally posted by Hopper:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
OK...if you say so. LOL. When the game is available I'll show you EXACTLY what I'm talking about with timestamps. I ain't making this sh*t up.

The missed tackles were more evident against the Colts. Yesterday he was fine besides the one missed tackle against Tate.


I was about to go over the game again and provide timestamps...but to be honest I don't really feel like doing that for a player that I actually really, really like.

He also missed a few vs the Packers in week 1.

Peeps seem to think I'm attacking Reid. I like the guy. ALOT. He does need to work on his tackling tho. Hitting? Not a problem. It's when he tries to reach for a guy and make an arm tackle. He should just run through the guy more often.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Oct 7, 2013 at 1:56 PM ]
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
You want doom and gloom? Go to the San Diego Charger Forum. There you will find doom and gloom. In spades.

also the texans boards lol

Reaing the in-game commentary is funny.

The reaction and dramatic turn of the pick6 is pure gold.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Isn't Vernon 's injury a hamstring? Would that affect straight-line speed as well as anything else?

That TD he had it didn't look like there was anything wrong. He blew that DB away.

I'm not sure we' re completely in the the loop as far as the extent of his injury.


It is a hamstring...but just watch his reaction to the ball on the sideline route he didn't make an effor t for and that low pass at the goal-line.

He was moving pretty good on the TD tho...tho not sure he needed to go all out to beat just Ed Reed alone in centerfield.
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by NCommand:
OK, now THIS is great news (besides the W)!

(RDE) Tank, (NT) Dial (up to 340-350 pounds), (WR) Manningham, (CB) Wright AND (WR) Crabtree all expected to be back starting next week (practicing with the team)...Crabtree being the latest at the end of November and already "running" around. Wow! I seriously only expected Manningham. Of course this could be coach-speak but encouraging nonetheless. And don't forget about (OT) Luke Marquardt, (RB) Marcus Lattimore and (ILB) Nick Moody either at some point.

http://www.49erswebzone.com/news/goto.php?id=62157

Now, who is going to be cut?

Crabtree has been running and doing agility drills, and he has looked remarkably spry for someone who had a complete rupture less than five months ago






Deer. Antler. Spray.
Good post Marvin! So ready to watch this team survive over the next few weeks until reinforcements show up& guys get healthy!
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by NCommand:
OK, now THIS is great news (besides the W)!

(RDE) Tank, (NT) Dial (up to 340-350 pounds), (WR) Manningham, (CB) Wright AND (WR) Crabtree all expected to be back starting next week (practicing with the team)...Crabtree being the latest at the end of November and already "running" around. Wow! I seriously only expected Manningham. Of course this could be coach-speak but encouraging nonetheless. And don't forget about (OT) Luke Marquardt, (RB) Marcus Lattimore and (ILB) Nick Moody either at some point.

http://www.49erswebzone.com/news/goto.php?id=62157

Now, who is going to be cut?

Crabtree has been running and doing agility drills, and he has looked remarkably spry for someone who had a complete rupture less than five months ago






Deer. Antler. Spray.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Isn't Vernon 's injury a hamstring? Would that affect straight-line speed as well as anything else?

That TD he had it didn't look like there was anything wrong. He blew that DB away.

I'm not sure we' re completely in the the loop as far as the extent of his injury.

That was ed reed so he isn't fast. A 80% healthy VD is still faster then most safeties.
  • DBSYM
  • Member
  • Posts: 111
It's that time again Webzone.
The games up and ready. Not so sure it's processed to 720p yet but (on my end) 720 is an available option. I think it still needs time but it's watchable for now. I'd say it's more like 480p right now. Shouldn't be long.


Week 5 49ers vs Texans 06-10-2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kv3zs0p1WdA

And a link to the 2013 playlist. Enjoy the games everybody.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFE_tPYRLiHNiW_sBvu3sutiag0godwzx
[ Edited by DBSYM on Oct 7, 2013 at 2:40 PM ]
  • AZ9er
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,483
Another great post Marvin. I was checking every 15 min or so this AM for it. lol
Originally posted by DBSYM:
It's that time again Webzone.
The games up and ready. Not so sure it's processed to 720p yet but (on my end) 720 is an available option. I think it still needs time but it's watchable for now. I'd say it's more like 480p right now. Shouldn't be long.


Week 5 49ers vs Texans 06-10-2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kv3zs0p1WdA

And a link to the 2013 playlist. Enjoy the games everybody.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFE_tPYRLiHNiW_sBvu3sutiag0godwzx

Cool, thanks DB!