There are 54 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 - Week 5: Thoughts after rewatching the game...

Originally posted by thl408:
There were reports prior to the HOU game about how Kap and Baldwin were working on throws together and it's apparent the throws have to do with Baldwin going up for jump balls. The execution was not there, but the strategy is sound, so it's a bit encouraging.

That is encouraging...the dude has skills no doubt. Get him imvolved early and develop a rhythm!
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
? Defending my opinion is "snippy"? Thicker skins fellas...thicker skins. lol.

Dont let em get to you marv, your reports kick ass, I look foward to them after each game.

Noobs gon' noob
Originally posted by NCommand:
There were reports prior to the HOU game about how Kap and Baldwin were working on throws together and it's apparent the throws have to do with Baldwin going up for jump balls. The execution was not there, but the strategy is sound, so it's a bit encouraging.

That is encouraging...the dude has skills no doubt. Get him imvolved early and develop a rhythm!

Agree totally with you NC about getting our guys the ball more than once or twice, in order to build young players up you have to feed them and that can be the single biggest factor in them gaining confidence. "Hey my team mates believe in me, i am catching the ball, i am good"
Originally posted by jcashen87:

Agree totally with you NC about getting our guys the ball more than once or twice, in order to build young players up you have to feed them and that can be the single biggest factor in them gaining confidence. "Hey my team mates believe in me, i am catching the ball, i am good"

Not to mention it helps COLIN as well. Quick roll-out short passes to Miller are great but you can do the same concepts with VD, McDonald, Hunter, James, Gore, Baldwin, Williams, etc. Boldin is one veteran who doesn't "need" to get a number of balls before he is into a rhythm. But CK and the receivers do. We need to make a concerted effort to get everyone involved early and often. Ask Denver about that approach!
Its about time someone on our squad starts hauling in some jump balls. Teams know that we play tight man coverage a lot and that's how they've countered us over the past two seasons. Throw up the jump ball!! Ryan, Stafford, and Flacco have all gotten paid handsomely for it. Refs are dying to throw PI flags (unless you're Seattle, then that's just how they play). The point is that the jump ball deep shot plays aren't as low percentage as they used to be due to the size and leaping ability of WR's. Lets go Baldy!
[ Edited by NinerG94 on Oct 11, 2013 at 12:29 PM ]
Originally posted by jcashen87:

Not to mention it helps COLIN as well. Quick roll-out short passes to Miller are great but you can do the same concepts with VD, McDonald, Hunter, James, Gore, Baldwin, Williams, etc. Boldin is one veteran who doesn't "need" to get a number of balls before he is into a rhythm. But CK and the receivers do. We need to make a concerted effort to get everyone involved early and often. Ask Denver about that approach!

To be fair, our offense is not pass first like Packers, Broncos, Saints, etc...we all know what our bread and butter is.
No....1 or 2 a game is about right.

It wasn't meant as a scathing criticism. Reid looks like he can be a great player but this is one area he can improve.

I don't know, Marvin. Safeties do tend to miss more tackles as they are in more situations to come flying into a RB who is ready to juke. Bowman missed two tackles on Foster behind the LOS. Players miss tackles all the time. When they miss the tackle holds more importance...unless they are missing 4 or 5 a game, but Reid makes textbook tackles so I don't think he is doing anything wrong. Just ended up getting slipped.
[ Edited by Joecool on Oct 11, 2013 at 1:08 PM ]
Originally posted by Joecool:

It wasn't meant as a scathing criticism. Reid looks like he can be a great player but this is one area he can improve.

I don't know, Marvin. Safeties do tend to miss more tackles as they are in more situations to come flying into a RB who is ready to juke. Bowman missed two tackles on Foster behind the LOS. Players miss tackles all the time. When they miss the tackle holds more importance...unless they are missing 4 or 5 a game, but Reid makes textbook tackles so I don't think he is doing anything wrong. Just ended up getting slipped.

Right. Safeties also end up in space much more often giving the defender alot more room to make a move.

I'm not talking about those plays. I'm talking about plays where he's got the guy in his grasp and the guy slips away.

We've belabored the point enough tho. I see what I see. I'd rather be wrong anyway.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dhp318:
LOL.

Who's being snippy?

I disagree with you. Its as simple as that. If I'm not credible because I see Reid missing tackles, then so be it. I see what I see and these are my thoughts after rewatching the game. Me not agreeing with your analysis doesn't mean I have an issue when people disagree. It means I had that opinion for a reason and I'm sticking by what I saw initially to post in the first place.

"Sensitive Nature"? I don't even know what you are talking about. I post what I see and I admit when I'm wrong (which is alot). Just ask people about my defense of Alex Smith and having written off Frank Gore several years in a row now. The thing is tho that when I truly believe something, I'm gonna defend it.

Reid looks like he's going to be a very good player. I already like him FAR more than I ever liked Goldson (whom I was never a big fan of). Reid is getting better and better in every game and is getting more and more aggressive as his confidense builds. All of that can be true as well as my concern that he too often misses tackles. I've seen him do it in almost every game so far this season. He'll over extend and reach and the player will pull away and break the arm tackle. That doesn't mean that this can't be corrected or that it will hinder him in the future. It's what I see NOW. You don't see it? Great. That's your opinion. It is what it is.

Too often when I make a comment on this site people see the negative in my comment and completely ignore the positive in the same paragraph. Reid has a chance to be a good one....but he DOES need to improve his tackling. That's my opinion and I stand by it.

Talk about proving his point

PFF has Reid missing 7 tackles--2 against GB, 3 against IND, and 2 against Houston.

Reid is doing very well, but clearly he has room to improve.

Right. Safeties also end up in space much more often giving the defender alot more room to make a move.

I'm not talking about those plays. I'm talking about plays where he's got the guy in his grasp and the guy slips away.

We've belabored the point enough tho. I see what I see. I'd rather be wrong anyway.

I came late into this. But I have also seen him miss some tackles. I think he's a stud and already believe he's much better than Goldson. But the fact is I have indeed seen him miss tackles. Nothing to panic about, just something he can improve on.
Originally posted by real9erfan:

I came late into this. But I have also seen him miss some tackles. I think he's a stud and already believe he's much better than Goldson. But the fact is I have indeed seen him miss tackles. Nothing to panic about, just something he can improve on.

...and that's pretty much all I was tryin' ta say.
Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by dhp318:
LOL.

Who's being snippy?

I disagree with you. Its as simple as that. If I'm not credible because I see Reid missing tackles, then so be it. I see what I see and these are my thoughts after rewatching the game. Me not agreeing with your analysis doesn't mean I have an issue when people disagree. It means I had that opinion for a reason and I'm sticking by what I saw initially to post in the first place.

"Sensitive Nature"? I don't even know what you are talking about. I post what I see and I admit when I'm wrong (which is alot). Just ask people about my defense of Alex Smith and having written off Frank Gore several years in a row now. The thing is tho that when I truly believe something, I'm gonna defend it.

Reid looks like he's going to be a very good player. I already like him FAR more than I ever liked Goldson (whom I was never a big fan of). Reid is getting better and better in every game and is getting more and more aggressive as his confidense builds. All of that can be true as well as my concern that he too often misses tackles. I've seen him do it in almost every game so far this season. He'll over extend and reach and the player will pull away and break the arm tackle. That doesn't mean that this can't be corrected or that it will hinder him in the future. It's what I see NOW. You don't see it? Great. That's your opinion. It is what it is.

Too often when I make a comment on this site people see the negative in my comment and completely ignore the positive in the same paragraph. Reid has a chance to be a good one....but he DOES need to improve his tackling. That's my opinion and I stand by it.

Talk about proving his point

PFF has Reid missing 7 tackles--2 against GB, 3 against IND, and 2 against Houston.

Reid is doing very well, but clearly he has room to improve.

Originally posted by verb1der:
To be fair, our offense is not pass first like Packers, Broncos, Saints, etc...we all know what our bread and butter is.

This is true...they don't run at all. LOL. WCO was short passing game to set up the run in the 2nd half and coast to wins/kill the clock. We run now to set up the pass...it's the pass, that "balance" that our coaching staff is always preaching about, that we are lacking now. But the balance we need is the ability t o pass or run when we need too. If we play Seattle, their strength is their secondary (plus the refs) so we need to be able to pound the rock and play-action off that. This w/e we should be passing a lot to set up the run in the second half once their front 7 is tired. Balance is key...there may be games like GB where we just need to pass all game long...or the Rams/Texans where we run all game long.