LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 269 users in the forums

Who's impressed with this win?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who's impressed with this win?

I never said that. I think the D did ok. Could have used more pass rush, but maybe it was a good idea to give schaub the time to hang himself.

This win belonged to the D. Not the O. come on. It's obvious we are in trouble there And it's not because of our "lousy receivers". That's a cop out.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
No, I'm too old for this sh*t I know what's working and what's not. You do too. our offense is not working. We are going nowhere without it. We need to focus on that until it gets turned around I was pissed seeing Roman smile in the booth after Vern's T, like oh that makes up for the last three quarters of zeroness.

We desperately need to get away from the long ball and build a run/pass mix that can move the chains.

Oh yes, and our superstar is named Frank by the way. Frank should be in the doughnut commercials.

ANd here is Roman and Harbaugh giving the keys to the kingdom --- never mind, I believe in Kap even though he is transitioning now.

I've been loudly complaining about Roman but tonight the playcalling was fine. Roman isn't a f**king wizard, he can't create healthy players, nor can he execute for the players out on the field. For what its worth, he did a pretty good job and most of the playcalling was solid IMO....real talk.
No, I'm too old for this sh*t I know what's working and what's not. You do too. our offense is not working. We are going nowhere without it. We need to focus on that until it gets turned around I was pissed seeing Roman smile in the booth after Vern's T, like oh that makes up for the last three quarters of zeroness.

We desperately need to get away from the long ball and build a run/pass mix that can move the chains.

Oh yes, and our superstar is named Frank by the way. Frank should be in the doughnut commercials.

ANd here is Roman and Harbaugh giving the keys to the kingdom --- never mind, I believe in Kap even though he is transitioning now.

I don't know whether to laugh or facepalm at that sentence.
  • buck
  • Veteran
We only had 3 penalties for 17 yards. .

We forced four turnovers.
I never said that. I think the D did ok. Could have used more pass rush, but maybe it was a good idea to give schaub the time to hang himself.

This win belonged to the D. Not the O. come on. It's obvious we are in trouble there And it's not because of our "lousy receivers". That's a cop out.

It's not a cop out at all. You had a gimpy VD, a double-covered Boldin and then you have Baldwin who still looks iffy out there, almost made a nice catch today and nothing else. Look at what happened to Brady today. No matter how good a QB may be, you need to give them quality targets.
Originally posted by SFrush:

I don't know whether to laugh or facepalm at that sentence.

Potato?

Originally posted by buck:

More forced turnovers than penalties...I like
Sure, I am glad to have any win, and if it is messy, so be it. But Kap is a huge concern . Anybody really recognize the guy playing QB out there? I sure didn't. A good thing is Coach only called for 15 passes because he realized kap was good as a game manager, but not much else. We got an elephant in the living room and nobody is scared? Cripes what does it take, another drubbing by SEA to make folks realize, we won with all D tonite, 4+ turnover, bringing us back to even for the season. We beat a dejected , downtrodden, otherwise great team tonite, with virtually no O but Frank. That is fine for a wounded team, but we would get killed playing the Saints like that.

Kap has literally lost it, and I wonder if he wouldn't benefit from having Colt start for a couple easy games, and have Kap stand beside coach H, and see if he can reconnect with his game. Tonite's Kap showing was....well, embarrassing. A W is a W. No question about that. But when we get a team really on their game like INDY, we would get rammycackled. This W, like any W was great...but was overshadowed by the disappearance of our QB. He CAN complete 6-8 yrd passes(Vernon, Anquan), but after two of those in first qtr, coach never called another one...until later when Kap waited and then waited some more before throwing 4 short passes, all knocked down by DL. Had he thrown those passes on his 2nd or 3rd step, he would have completed them. Instead, he waited, like a guy doubting his confidence, and 4 got blocked. That is ugly and getting worse, 4 games in a row, last two ugly wins. Somebody find Kap, because, it seems, he has left the building.

If your QB tanks, it is a coaching problem , because we all know Kap has "it". But he has lost "it", and it is JH's job to get "it" back and revive kap. Otherwise, we just traded one game manager for another...and we all know, Kap is way better than that. Somehow, did our coaches screw kap up? Was it moving him to the pocket which he doesn't seem to do to well in? Is Kap sick? jH has a mammoth problem on his hands. I hope he knows how to fix it.

In the end KUDOS to our D , who, along with OL and FRank, won this game. Whatever happened to Kap, let's pray JH can fix it. Kap can't just be a game manager and get us to and thru the SB. He has to be what he used to be, or he will end up literally just managing the game. That is why we traded alex. Remember?

Yes, along with the defensive special teams play these were real positives for our progress this season.

Important too.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
I'm impressed with our defense. With so many 2nd stringer on the field on our defense, we shut down a potent Texans offense. That's very impressive, and without Willis and Aldon Smith.

Everyone stepped up tonight.

Our ST units did their job. Spillman was very visible.

Our running game was good. Gore was his usual self. Hunter and Dixon provided some needed relief.

Our passing attack was horrid yet again. Kaepernick needs to start looking at his 2nd and 3rd reads more often. You can't have a Vernon Davis-Anquan Boldin attack week after week. It is unacceptable for Kaepernick to play like this.

At this rate, he doesn't deserve a contract extension similar to what Alex Smith got...3 year/24M.

I also blame Greg Roman. Stop sending Hunter or Gore out as a WR. Sub that with an actual WR. I want to see some 3-4 WR sets and 1 TE set.

• LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SofaKing:

More forced turnovers than penalties...I like

^^ Definitely had a lot to do with the win...
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Sure, I am glad to have any win, and if it is messy, so be it. But Kap is a huge concern . Anybody really recognize the guy playing QB out there? I sure didn't. A good thing is Coach only called for 15 passes because he realized kap was good as a game manager, but not much else. We got an elephant in the living room and nobody is scared? Cripes what does it take, another drubbing by SEA to make folks realize, we won with all D tonite, 4+ turnover, bringing us back to even for the season. We beat a dejected , downtrodden, otherwise great team tonite, with virtually no O but Frank. That is fine for a wounded team, but we would get killed playing the Saints like that.

Kap has literally lost it, and I wonder if he wouldn't benefit from having Colt start for a couple easy games, and have Kap stand beside coach H, and see if he can reconnect with his game. Tonite's Kap showing was....well, embarrassing. A W is a W. No question about that. But when we get a team really on their game like INDY, we would get rammycackled. This W, like any W was great...but was overshadowed by the disappearance of our QB. He CAN complete 6-8 yrd passes(Vernon, Anquan), but after two of those in first qtr, coach never called another one...until later when Kap waited and then waited some more before throwing 4 short passes, all knocked down by DL. Had he thrown those passes on his 2nd or 3rd step, he would have completed them. Instead, he waited, like a guy doubting his confidence, and 4 got blocked. That is ugly and getting worse, 4 games in a row, last two ugly wins. Somebody find Kap, because, it seems, he has left the building.

If your QB tanks, it is a coaching problem , because we all know Kap has "it". But he has lost "it", and it is JH's job to get "it" back and revive kap. Otherwise, we just traded one game manager for another...and we all know, Kap is way better than that. Somehow, did our coaches screw kap up? Was it moving him to the pocket which he doesn't seem to do to well in? Is Kap sick? jH has a mammoth problem on his hands. I hope he knows how to fix it.

In the end KUDOS to our D , who, along with OL and FRank, won this game. Whatever happened to Kap, let's pray JH can fix it. Kap can't just be a game manager and get us to and thru the SB. He has to be what he used to be, or he will end up literally just managing the game. That is why we traded alex. Remember?
I'm glad you had the courage to post this. I think it's accurate. I'm not sure if it's all Kap, or staff not finding a situation besides the read option that will work for him.

But your observations seem accurate. Yeah It's a problem if we lose 30-0 or win 30-0. We are going nowhere long term without effective, professional quarterbacking.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:

I appreciate the quality of your posts, man. But there is no way Colt McCoy can get more out of this receiving core than Kap. That's crazy talk. If you think things are ugly right now, you better pray McCoy never sees the field.

It's OK to reel Kap back in for the time being. The WR core is literally pure horse s**t. Nobody is capable of winning on the outside, not even Boldin. He's only been effective from the slot. We need to ground and pound until we get Crab and Mario healthy. Great thing about his team is that they are so talented we can win games with half the roster decimated with injuries.
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
Not me kap played like a chump again and we have up a lot of run plays but it was aa great rb we faced. Still don't like the play calls. Kap better shape up for Seattle
Signed, Mr. Potatohead
Share 49ersWebzone