There are 142 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Who's impressed with this win?

Who's impressed with this win?

We're going 6-2 into the bye week, book it motherf**kers.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
We're going 6-2 into the bye week, book it motherf**kers.

This!
Run D wasn't great?

You're right Arian Foster sucks we shouldn't have allowed a yard.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Run D wasn't great?

You're right Arian Foster sucks we shouldn't have allowed a yard.
exactly

all the injuries in the middle are killing us. Our run D will be fine
Originally posted by jays9ers:
Even Kap's terrible stats?


Stats are for losers. Did you start Kap in fantasy?
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
OKay so you mean by massively improved:

1) More under the center pro set looks;
2) No delay of game, no needless burning of timeouts;

Yes, those are good things. And that is 2 games in a row where we have improved in those key areas.

But really the production was horrible and Kap looked like s*t trying to connect with receivers off to the side. Hardly made a good clean catchable throw. Nothing is easy now with him. I think it's concerning.

Thank God Schaub imploded. We needed that.


Yes.

And we have ratcheted down our passing offense the last two games, because we realized that Boldin is our only WR who can get open and catch the ball. So he's going to manage the game until we get some weapons back.

This is a DAMN good defense we played against. I would have liked to have seen more passing yards too, but don't forget, if we didn't have such a dominant lead we probably would have opened it up a little more and gotten 200+ yards and at least 10 more attempts. We had a HUGE LEAD, so that is another reason we didn't throw the ball so much.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
The Texans are the NUMBER ONE, NUMERO UNO, yardage defense in the entire National Football League. What were you expecting us to do against that? We have Anquan Boldin at WR and then nothing. You want us to put up 300 yards passing against a defense like that?

Well, as I said I was expecting 3 sustained scoring drives coming away with 9 - 21 points. That was my goal. We did not come close. we had 1 sustained scoring drive and 1 big play. That was it. You make it sound like its ok to be beat on by a good team. I don't get that way of thinking.
34-3...what's not to like. So what if Houston ran some against us...so what if Watt is a total beast. They still got thrashed. Kap didn't have a very good game stat-wise, but he took care of the ball (unlike Schaubster). Ground game was solid, Vernon got a nice long TD, D controlled the game and ST's were outstanding. Again...34-3, I'll take that every time.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Run D wasn't great?

You're right Arian Foster sucks we shouldn't have allowed a yard.

I also thought the run D was good. The Texans always run the ball well. That scheme and the sheer number of cut blocks creates massive holes for Foster to run through. He has great vision too. We didn't allow any huge runs, and protected the edges pretty well.
Willis OUT
Culiver OUT
Ian Williams OUT
Asmugwa (err how ever you spell it he was) OUT
Aldon Smith OUT
Crabtree OUT
Maningham OUT
Ray-Mac OUT

Playing one of the top teams in the NFL and coming away with a f**king much needed win, and you ask me if I'm impressed, are you s**tting me?
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Originally posted by BrianGO:
The Texans are the NUMBER ONE, NUMERO UNO, yardage defense in the entire National Football League. What were you expecting us to do against that? We have Anquan Boldin at WR and then nothing. You want us to put up 300 yards passing against a defense like that?

Well, as I said I was expecting 3 sustained scoring drives coming away with 9 - 21 points. That was my goal. We did not come close. we had 1 sustained scoring drive and 1 big play. That was it. You make it sound like its ok to be beat on by a good team. I don't get that way of thinking.


I would agree with you if it wasn't a blow out.
We're back to being the old niners, we only expose as much as we need out of our QB (this is the best thing a young QB in a slump can get out of his team), but I think the wheels will come back off by the Redskins game, on the MNF stage.

I think Kap is gonna have some more hard-earned playoff wins in January.
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Willis OUT
Culiver OUT
Ian Williams OUT
Asmugwa (err how ever you spell it he was) OUT
Aldon Smith OUT
Crabtree OUT
Maningham OUT
Ray-Mac OUT

Playing one of the top teams in the NFL and coming away with a f**king much needed win, and you ask me if I'm impressed, are you s**tting me?

That injury list is insane. We still beat a good team by 31 points and we didn't even play our best. This game was encouraging for me.
Any time you can thoroughly trounce a team 34-3, have your QB throw for less than 50% on 15 completions, and force them to bench their starting QB, that's an impressive game.

But that's not to say that it wasn't perfect. The big problem that people see are the passing numbers, and it's something to pay attention to. Since we've been to Seattle, our passing offense has looked abysmal, and we'll need that offense if we want to make a serious push at the Super Bowl. We'll gladly take the win, but obviously want to strive to get better.
Originally posted by JR80Forever:
Originally posted by jays9ers:
6 completions tonight...... 6.......

Stats are for losers!!!

Want a box of tissue's cry baby?

Oh really? Find me a play off or super bowl won with 6 completions. No one is crying over here just stating facts. The offense has not logged with the exception of the GB game..