There are 107 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Who's impressed with this win?

Who's impressed with this win?

I'm very happy with it because some were nitpicking at the defense after our loss to the Colts. Well the defense made a statement these last two wins.
I"m half impressed with this win. 1. Defense is stout. 2. Rushing offense is getting back together. 3. Special teams is booming punts and covering well. 4. Brock must remain as a No. 3 CB, keep Asomugha for insurance. 5. Kaepernick is looking bad right now. 6. WR not getting anything, not even cold.

Coaches must get LMJames some touches in game time: slot, wide, half back, screens, etc. Use him as a Sproles or Danny Woodhead.

Get TCarradine, QDial, MManningham, Crabs up to game speed, when they can start practicing.

Sit down MMoore and play WR Harper, try him in game time.

Defense is getting good (14 points) in two last games, but Defense cannot carry KAP and the defense for every game.

Game planning seems getting conservative, but better for our strength and whats working.
Originally posted by xcfan:
without the running factor, kaep is not an elite QB.

or maybe without a full compliment of weapons... lol we just played the toughest schedule by far and came out 3-2 and his #1 target from last year hasn't played a down.

these conclusions are just silly. he even scrambled tonight for a first down.

but he can't throw it to people who aren't open and as long as they keep kyle williams in the game and not run any bunch formations then boldin will be doubled as well as davis cause williams can't line up and beat anyone.
We won. Defeated one of the stronger teams in the AFC by a large margin. I know it wasn't the offense's most dynamic performance but I'll take the win over Romo's stat line from today and a loss.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Time to sign Seymour.

ANyway, I don't know what you mean by "Kap is managing the game." What does that mean? Is that you call missing more passes than a cigar store indian doing a drunk impression of Bobby Douglass? I'm really concerned. I didn't expect this tonight.

The Texans are the NUMBER ONE, NUMERO UNO, yardage defense in the entire National Football League. What were you expecting us to do against that? We have Anquan Boldin at WR and then nothing. You want us to put up 300 yards passing against a defense like that?
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Our play calling has massively improved from where it was. I am not a big fan of a lot of what we do, but at least we are beginning to right the ship.

The Texans generated a lot of pass rush, Kap we getting rid of the ball really quick, even when he went deep. When we did try and sit in a pocket, most of the time it collapsed.

You know the Texans have the number ONE yardage allowed against defense in the entire league. NOT Seattle, but the Texans. We're not going to run over a team like that and make it look easy. Joe Montana and company struggled to put up yards against these kinds of defenses too.

Agree with a lot of this. Texans were the #1 D in the league. Even with our pass game struggling, we still had our way with them on the ground. Defense was dominant against a top 5 offense. Texans ran the ball well, but they always do.

This was a very good team win. Every unit contributed. The pass game will come around when we get our WR core healthy.
A win is a win. You get to start new again on a blank slate for next week. We own the Cards and I'm not concerned over the remaining matchups.
its a W ..that always impresses me ..of course there are areas that as a fan I'd like to see the 9ers be much better at ,,but no matter how much I complain or give the 9ers my opinion they continue to act like I don't even exist ....
OKay so you mean by massively improved:

1) More under the center pro set looks;
2) No delay of game, no needless burning of timeouts;

Yes, those are good things. And that is 2 games in a row where we have improved in those key areas.

But really the production was horrible and Kap looked like s*t trying to connect with receivers off to the side. Hardly made a good clean catchable throw. Nothing is easy now with him. I think it's concerning.

Thank God Schaub imploded. We needed that.
dominant win who wouldn't be impressed.
This game was Houston beating themselves with turn overs giving us short fields to score. Also spotting us a 7-0 lead immediately. But i'll take it our D played that good tonight to put Houston in that situation. The offense could have been a little sharper is my only complaint the long TD to Davis and the running game by all backs were the offense highlights. Anyway you want to look at it a win is a win and a win by 31 points against a playoff caliber team is always something to be happy about.
Originally posted by hatz49:
I"m half impressed with this win. 1. Defense is stout. 2. Rushing offense is getting back together. 3. Special teams is booming punts and covering well. 4. Brock must remain as a No. 3 CB, keep Asomugha for insurance. 5. Kaepernick is looking bad right now. 6. WR not getting anything, not even cold.

Coaches must get LMJames some touches in game time: slot, wide, half back, screens, etc. Use him as a Sproles or Danny Woodhead.

Get TCarradine, QDial, MManningham, Crabs up to game speed, when they can start practicing.

Sit down MMoore and play WR Harper, try him in game time.

Defense is getting good (14 points) in two last games, but Defense cannot carry KAP and the defense for every game.

Game planning seems getting conservative, but better for our strength and whats working.

It's working for 5-0 Kansas City just fine.
I was very impressed with Gire and Schaub's inept QB play

Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Time to sign Seymour.

ANyway, I don't know what you mean by "Kap is managing the game." What does that mean? Is that you call missing more passes than a cigar store indian doing a drunk impression of Bobby Douglass? I'm really concerned. I didn't expect this tonight.

The Texans are the NUMBER ONE, NUMERO UNO, yardage defense in the entire National Football League. What were you expecting us to do against that? We have Anquan Boldin at WR and then nothing. You want us to put up 300 yards passing against a defense like that?

Yes.
This leaves the foll four teams as better than the 49ers...as of tonight: Denver, Colts, Seattle and Saints.
Anyone who is hating on a 35-3 win is just crazy. The pass D was fantastic, of course the pressure wasn't what it usually is, we didn't blitz much and oh yeah probably the NFL's best pass rusher is in rehab. We are missing a ton of injured players and the receivers suck, so we have went back to a strength of running the ball. Kaep wasn't great, he didn't turn the ball over and a few of his incompletions should have been caught. Geez it seems like you people want a perfect 75-0 score where we sack the QB 15 times, force 10 turnovers, rush for 500 yards, throw for 500 yards and every play produces more than 10 yards for us. We just crushed the Texans guys, be happy.