There are 112 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Who's impressed with this win?

Who's impressed with this win?

I'm impressed with the way the defense played, and by the fact that our schedule is set up for us to be 6-2 at the bye week.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Um, our performance on offense looked like we were outmatched. I really don't see how you could not be extremely concerned. I think we need to consider importing some new ideas in the coaching booth to help out Roman.

34-3 was the score. Outmatched by who? By their defense?

Our gameplan has changed since we played the Colts. I think our running game is just as hit and miss as our passing game, because we still have a lot of negative runs, but we're playing more conservative. Kaep is not forcing things on offense, which is what many fans wanted. He's "managing the game". It will probably stay like this until Crabtree and Manningham are back in the fold.

I hate it, but I'm going to swallow my pride and say, "+1".

+1
Ordinarily I wouldn't be impressed too much with this win. The offense didn't do much in the passing game and Kaep does seem slightly rattled as of late.

That being said, as of right now, the Niners need to weather the storm and just survive games. The number of injuries the Niners have sustained is astounding and any win right now is very important. Because of that, I'm completely stoked with this blowout. The Niners come in down 5 defensive starters (if you include Asomugha and Culliver as starters), lose a 6th and still go on to dominate defensively. This was a big game to win. The offense will not do much until Crabs and Manningham get back, and even then it will likely struggle for a few games while those two get back to a true 100%.

I always have thought the teams that survive adversity throughout the season and get into the playoffs are the teams that are best equipped to deal with the playoffs. Hopefully the Niners can turn this season into something great. I haven't seen a team this beat up in a long time.

Our gameplan has changed since we played the Colts. I think our running game is just as hit and miss as our passing game, because we still have a lot of negative runs, but we're playing more conservative. Kaep is not forcing things on offense, which is what many fans wanted. He's "managing the game". It will probably stay like this until Crabtree and Manningham are back in the fold.

...yes.we were outmatched by their defense ...is that a trick question Bgo? . more importantly undone by our psychotic, disjointed play calling and lack of game flow ...I think Frank must be looking up at heaven and asking why me? what did I do to deserve a career being managed by guys that don't get it....
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
does mcdonald have a torn bicep?
Originally posted by theduke85:
Kap wasn't great, but then again, we were up big all game and he wasn't really depended on. As bad as he looked at times, I think he actually did show some signs of improvement (for example, he looked a lot more comfortable staying in the pocket and delivering throws, as opposed to scrambling out and eliminating half of his targets on the field).

Kaep didn't have to be great tonight. We win as a team. He made the plays most of the time that we needed in order to win. Great game for us!
JJ Watt had a huge impact on this game... Time after time he'd get a tackle for loss, and with a lead we weren't about to push the envelope. We played a very conservative game, because we could. These are Harbaugh-type games, ugly games with stout defense and turnover margin... Kind of like the 2011 team... That was 13-3.

I will admit that there were several spots were I was disappointed with our offense, but football is situational, and keeping our defense in good situations would pretty much guarantee our success tonight. We obviously have work to do, but given that were griping about back-2-back blowout wins, I say we're back on track.

Most importantly, SEA lost, so we can tie this up W a win in SF.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
without the running factor, kaep is not an elite QB.
I was impressed for the most part. Played pretty well in all phases except the pass game, and I think we'll be better there when we get Crab and Mario healthy.

I have a strong feeling the team will really gel by the end of the year. Even with the passing woes, we can still win by running the ball and playing great defense and STs. Similar to 2011. The offense will become dynamic once we get our guys healthy.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:

...yes.we were outmatched by their defense ...is that a trick question Bgo? . more importantly undone by our psychotic, disjointed play calling and lack of game flow ...I think Frank must be looking up at heaven and asking why me? what did I do to deserve a career being managed by guys that don't get it....

Our play calling has massively improved from where it was. I am not a big fan of a lot of what we do, but at least we are beginning to right the ship.

The Texans generated a lot of pass rush, Kap we getting rid of the ball really quick, even when he went deep. When we did try and sit in a pocket, most of the time it collapsed.

You know the Texans have the number ONE yardage allowed against defense in the entire league. NOT Seattle, but the Texans. We're not going to run over a team like that and make it look easy. Joe Montana and company struggled to put up yards against these kinds of defenses too.
Time to sign Seymour.

ANyway, I don't know what you mean by "Kap is managing the game." What does that mean? Is that you call missing more passes than a cigar store indian doing a drunk impression of Bobby Douglass? I'm really concerned. I didn't expect this tonight.
Originally posted by xcfan:
does mcdonald have a torn bicep?

This is the elephant in the room right now. I hope that is not the case.
Honestly, I feel like the Texans threw this game away more than we went out and won it ourselves. Our defense was amazing, as was our rushing attack against an awesome D-line.

My only take back from this game is, while it feels awesome that we wont the game so convincingly, it feels a lot like the 35-0 win against the Rams in 2009 where the offense didn't even do anything, but we won by default because the Rams couldn't stop shooting themselves in the foot. The Texans are a MUCH better team, but the 49ers benefited more from the Texans sucking a$$ tonight than we did from kicking their asses ourselves. Just my thoughts.

Also on a side note, that almost catch by Baldwin was reason enough to keep him in the #2 role in my view. He looked good out there.
The O looked very impressive on their first drive. Just rolled down the field and scored 7. After that, they did just what had to be done. Very conservative. Scored when they got a short field from a turnover. O had no turnovers. The O stats don't mean a thing. Was there ever a moment in the game where you thought they would lose? Total D domination. Best game of the year. Not worried at all!
OP does not understand football. The ground game was working, the texans defense could not stop the run. When the run is working you keep running until they force you to pass. Simple as that.

ANY game when you get up so much the back up qb gets to come in, is a good game.