There are 74 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Who's impressed with this win?

Who's impressed with this win?

Of course I'm impressed because of the defensive performance. The way they dominated was awesome and they won the game for us. Also Gore once again carried our pathetic offense. What I am not impressed is the rest of the offense from QB to WR.
If they would have stopped our run game we would have lost, because there was no passing game to speak of. Need to work with the WR over the next week.
Originally posted by PrisonOfGlass:
Keap didn't have to win that game by himself and he shouldn't be asked to. Not until he's got an arsenal to work with. The fact that we compensated for our lack off receivers with a boss running game and hung up 34 on one of the most notoriously stout defenses in the league is monumental.

Dude we had 2 scoring "drives", of which one drive consisted of 2 plays 1 for 64 yards. We are simply nowhere on offense. I was hoping we would see at least three sustained drives for scores today. did not get it.
I'll take it and impressed with pass defense and run game but OL still needs to get better, Kap needs to get better and man do the WR's need to get better. We are just going to have to hold on for reinforcements. We are pretty bad at WR and DL right now especially if McDonald is down. P.S. Before Vernon's 64 yard td Kap was like 4/13 for 49 yards or something like that. I get that the run game was working but still not good at all. Coaches as well... need to get McDonald, Baldwin, James, Hunter involved.

And PS this is not the team the Seahawks faced in the 1st half. We played the team they played in the 3rd and 4th quarter. They are really down right now. That 1st and 2nd quarter Texans team vs the Seahawks would have put up a fight against us... would have been close.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Oct 6, 2013 at 8:44 PM ]
We got a game back from Seattle and blew out a team that Seattle almost lost to with a long injury list on both sides of the ball. In one sentence that's enough to be impressed, especially with some winnable games the next 4 weeks and injured players coming back. Proved a lot tonight - go 9ers!
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Originally posted by PrisonOfGlass:
Keap didn't have to win that game by himself and he shouldn't be asked to. Not until he's got an arsenal to work with. The fact that we compensated for our lack off receivers with a boss running game and hung up 34 on one of the most notoriously stout defenses in the league is monumental.

Dude we had 2 scoring "drives", of which one drive consisted of 2 plays 1 for 64 yards. We are simply nowhere on offense. I was hoping we would see at least three sustained drives for scores today. did not get it.

34 points. Win.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Um, our performance on offense looked like we were outmatched. I really don't see how you could not be extremely concerned. I think we need to consider importing some new ideas in the coaching booth to help out Roman.

Amen. Piss poor offensively. We aren't going to win many more games like this. We have a worse passing offense than Jacksonville, that in and of itself should tell you something.
Originally posted by rudedog:
If they would have stopped our run game we would have lost, because there was no passing game to speak of. Need to work with the WR over the next week.

Really because iirc we just won 34-3 and one of those tds was defensive. Soooooooo the score would still have been 7-3 and a w for us.
if you told me that we would blow out the Texans....without Willis, Aldon, and Crabtree....I mean those are our best players at their positions.
69-14 is the combined score for the last 2 games....vs a team we couldn't beat last year....and the AFC South Champs......so yeah, I'm happy
We just beat up a good team. Very impressive win.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Um, our performance on offense looked like we were outmatched. I really don't see how you could not be extremely concerned. I think we need to consider importing some new ideas in the coaching booth to help out Roman.


34-3 was the score. Outmatched by who? By their defense?

Our gameplan has changed since we played the Colts. I think our running game is just as hit and miss as our passing game, because we still have a lot of negative runs, but we're playing more conservative. Kaep is not forcing things on offense, which is what many fans wanted. He's "managing the game". It will probably stay like this until Crabtree and Manningham are back in the fold.
Did you not watch the game and see our offense make absolutely no statement. I think you have to be alarmed. I know Texas is good, but we looked just as disjointed against them as Indy. And if we didn't run for 8000 yards against ST Louis, we would not have produced there either. I'm alarmed.

And you should not pay attention to the score, which was due to our d coming up with big time takeaways.

HOWEVER I think that the true unsung heroes for us were our defensive special teams today. They really gave Houston nothing to work with. Great job, really.
Weakhawks lose we win all's good in the hood
Gave up 98 yards to Foster. 4.7 average. Missing Pat hurts.