There are 186 users in the forums

Who's impressed with this win?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who's impressed with this win?

it was a very good win considering that we smashed the ball against their feared D AND our D killed their O. We did not commit any turnovers and we caused 4. Yea, Kap still has his problems but what is there NOT to like about this win? The team wasn't penalized much, team played Fisical, and the team wanted it more. Oh yea, the special teams was VERY good.
Without Bruce Miller, there is no Gore.
Nice to know that we haven't gone all mad. But I think I've figured out Niner Talk. It only took me eight years.

But if we have a 60% third down percentage rate, people will complain that it wasn't 100.

If our QB hits a deep pass for a score, people will complain that it didn't hit the receiver in stride and they had to adjust to the ball.

If our tackles go up against arguably the best defensive player in the game, and he manage to hold him without a sack, people will complain that our guys got abused.

I totally understand now. Not impressed by 31 point wins?
  • Buchy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Nice to know that we haven't gone all mad. But I think I've figured out Niner Talk. It only took me eight years.

But if we have a 60% third down percentage rate, people will complain that it wasn't 100.

If our QB hits a deep pass for a score, people will complain that it didn't hit the receiver in stride and they had to adjust to the ball.

If our tackles go up against arguably the best defensive player in the game, and he manage to hold him without a sack, people will complain that our guys got abused.

It's insane isn't it....
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by Buchy:

It's insane isn't it....

lol all of this
This win over Houston wasn't as impressive as ATL's loss to NYJ, I'd have to say.
best type of win u could ask for, against a pretty good team we never had to get anxious as fans. result was never in doubt after we got up 14-0 early.
Originally posted by ninerjok:
This win over Houston wasn't as impressive as ATL's loss to NYJ, I'd have to say.

Atlanta is having major issues on both sides of the ball, they are not the same team as last year. We are gonna spank that falcon ass when we play them later this year.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by ninerjok:

Atlanta is having major issues on both sides of the ball, they are not the same team as last year. We are gonna spank that falcon ass when we play them later this year.

Looks like no more Julio Cesar chavez also
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by jays9ers:
So you're telling me you believe this team can contend with the likes of Denver or the saints right now? I think not.

I would not even think of telling you that.

I do think that we can contend with, and perhaps even beat, the Arizona Cardinals, right now.

Denver is not on our schedule.

We have five games and a bye week before we play the Saints. I will give you an answer on the Saints when it seems a bit more relevant.

That Saints game is going to be a doozy.

I wouldn't loose too much sleep over these match-ups. Neither team has a fear-inspiring defense...we should be able to run against both of them. Additionally, I think both teams have fatal flaws that will stop them.

1. Denver will have to play a game in sub-40 degree weather to get to the Superbowl...and Manning doesn't win cold play-off games. (0-4)
  2. New Orleans running game is pathetic. ...and without that, Brees will be hard pressed to spread the ball around like he is used to doing against lessor opposition.

Originally posted by Janitor:
Originally posted by Buchy:

It's insane isn't it....

lol all of this

and more of this
Old thread...buuut after last night, I've gotta say, I'm not impressed with how the 9ers preformed. Not at ALL. If not for the miracle we head into next week with a do or die type of game. Wasn't impressed with the game plan at all. We should have been far more dominant.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
I really do think our team, including coaches, looked past the falcons. It was impressive that they were able to wake the fk up and make plays when needed.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
I really do think our team, including coaches, looked past the falcons. It was impressive that they were able to wake the fk up and make plays when needed.

That's where I'm at. I would have preferred a comfortable victory, but we got the W regardless.
I'm REALLY impressed! Great job! Go NINERS!
Share 49ersWebzone