There are 542 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Who's impressed with this win?

Who's impressed with this win?

• buck
  • Veteran
I was impressed and was celibate, again, last night.

Today is a new day. What we did against Houston is now in my rear view mirror.

I am focusing on the road in front of us. Next stop Arizona Cardinals.
Originally posted by jays9ers:
6 completions tonight...... 6.......

30+ points scored. 3 points allowed. W.

Jesus christ. We can win like that every single game. We win with a good run game and a stingy defense. That's how we made it to the NFCCG and the SB.

Don't fix it if it ain't broke! Eventually Baldwin will get more involved, VD will be healthy... Manningham back. I ain't worried. Hardest part of the season is over.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by corona55569:
My only knock on the 49ers is when we jump out to a big league early, the playbook gets thrown out and it's run 1st down run second down than throw third down.. Kap was never Able to get into rhythm last night.. How come teams like denver and new england continue to run there offense and make it 48-3 as opposed to us where we run the clock out ?

i think the pats do not deserve your high words of praise. texans have a nice d vs the run and i am glad we got what we got on the run. i do not blame the team for running the ball on first and second down. we had some success with it and we were trying to set up third and short.. right after the start of the second half, we got in a bit of a funk which was connected to three passes in a row in one of those drives. you take what is given to you, you scratch where it itches. i am just happy they jumped out to a big lead and whatever it takes to protect it

I don't recall the 3 straight pass attempts so thanks for pointing that out... I understand were trying to run the clock out, i would have preferred some Bruce miller/safe pass check downs mixed in with some runs until the 4th quarter started to keep the chains moving & keep the defense fresh... I know some will say you can't risk a turnover when leading but you also can't keep going three and out and allow the other team to get back into rhythm, luckily Bradford and schaub are that awful right now....
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
6 completions tonight...... 6.......

Jesus christ. We can win like that every single game. We win with a good run game and a stingy defense. That's how we made it to the NFCCG and the SB.

Don't fix it if it ain't broke! Eventually Baldwin will get more involved, VD will be healthy... Manningham back. I ain't worried. Hardest part of the season is over.

All of this and we should start getting some of those injured players back soon.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by chico49erfan:

i am more than pleased today. all chico said was true plus special love for the special teams last night in all facets. had roman not been a mongoloid, we would have had the indy game but its all good and unless something unforeseen blows up, there is no reason why we can not extend this winning streak. if we imposed our will vs a good texans team, sans quarterback, we should be able to do this ten fold vs the cards. just like we did sunday night,, come out strong, take away their will and impose ours.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Early entrant for dumb post of the week.

Once again do we look like contenders? NOPE

Classic Web Zone thread - bordering on the absurd. Everything about the Niners team performance was great except for the passing game. The defense was absolute nails, special teams repeatedly held them in bad field position, the punter boomed 60-yarders, the running game was amazing. And this was against the #1 defense in the league, a defense that is very strong against the run and the pass. The defense was playing one of the top 7 or 8 offenses in the league. They annihilated them. The passing game had a grand total of 15 attempts. Kaepernick actually looked like he was gaining a little patience in the pocket. He held his ground a little longer than he has the past few games. He hit check-down receivers a couple of times after waiting for receivers to come open. He hit Davis in stride with a mid-level perfect pass for a 64 yarder. There were a couple of significant drops and some knock downs the Texans routinely get every week. So, it's not even like the passing game was as bad as the numbers would suggest. And what we get is an absurd question and an absurd thread. Whiners.

First off number 1 defense ranking doesn't mean squat. They're number 1 in total defense yet dead last in red zone defense soooo yea. So you're telling me you believe this team can contend with the likes of Denver or the saints right now? I think not. The running game won't always bail us out like it did tonight. We need all phases of the offense to be clicking to be legit contenders. Once again no body it's whining or crying. You guys who are satisfied with that type of performance aren't looking at the big picture here.
Only in the zone would you find a thread like this after a dominant performance.

Sure certain things could use some improvement, but if you arent impressed by this performance... well theres no help for you.
would anyone like to check Wilsons QBR yesterday and compare it to Kaps?
A win is a win, even if the opposing team just hands it to you.

The utter failure of the passing game offsets any great joy over the running game. The defense was good, not great. Schaub handing us the ball three times makes the defense look better than it was.

I don't expect any legit playoff teams to be so generous to a team that has only 1/2 an offense.

Glass half empty. That is the way you have to look at it until the passing game actually shows up.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by corona55569:
I don't recall the 3 straight pass attempts so thanks for pointing that out... I understand were trying to run the clock out, i would have preferred some Bruce miller/safe pass check downs mixed in with some runs until the 4th quarter started to keep the chains moving & keep the defense fresh... I know some will say you can't risk a turnover when leading but you also can't keep going three and out and allow the other team to get back into rhythm, luckily Bradford and schaub are that awful right now....
i may be wrong but am pretty sure we did come out and try three straight passes in a row, got nothing, got a couple of quick three and outs like you said.. i remember i was starting to go cciowapostal thinking ,,, please start running the ball again or we may have a whole bunch of quick three and outs, thus putting the texans offense back on the field, thus wearing out our defense, thus we will lose our lead, thus we may lose this game. lucky that never happened , i calmed down and was able to stop saying "thus"

Classic Web Zone thread - bordering on the absurd. Everything about the Niners team performance was great except for the passing game. The defense was absolute nails, special teams repeatedly held them in bad field position, the punter boomed 60-yarders, the running game was amazing. And this was against the #1 defense in the league, a defense that is very strong against the run and the pass. The defense was playing one of the top 7 or 8 offenses in the league. They annihilated them. The passing game had a grand total of 15 attempts. Kaepernick actually looked like he was gaining a little patience in the pocket. He held his ground a little longer than he has the past few games. He hit check-down receivers a couple of times after waiting for receivers to come open. He hit Davis in stride with a mid-level perfect pass for a 64 yarder. There were a couple of significant drops and some knock downs the Texans routinely get every week. So, it's not even like the passing game was as bad as the numbers would suggest. And what we get is an absurd question and an absurd thread. Whiners.

First off number 1 defense ranking doesn't mean squat. They're number 1 in total defense yet dead last in red zone defense soooo yea. So you're telling me you believe this team can contend with the likes of Denver or the saints right now? I think not. The running game won't always bail us out like it did tonight. We need all phases of the offense to be clicking to be legit contenders. Once again no body it's whining or crying. You guys who are satisfied with that type of performance aren't looking at the big picture here.

Put down the crack pipe...

What does a team need to go far in January? 1) Dominant Defense 2) Running game... check and check. We are a couple weeks away from MM coming back, then we get Patton and then we Crabs (hopefully). And we are still missing our top two defenders, and have two CB3's out.

Thats the big picture, we dominated with our depth... which you fail to realize. And we got a pretty good shot at going 6-2 at the midseason break.
[ Edited by 5280High on Oct 7, 2013 at 9:13 AM ]

So what ?

should we just pack it up and forfeit the season ?

every game is not perfect
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dj43:
A win is a win, even if the opposing team just hands it to you.

The utter failure of the passing game offsets any great joy over the running game. The defense was good, not great. Schaub handing us the ball three times makes the defense look better than it was.

I don't expect any legit playoff teams to be so generous to a team that has only 1/2 an offense.

Glass half empty. That is the way you have to look at it until the passing game actually shows up.
it is one thing for a team to hand it to you,,, it is another thing for us to take advantage of those xmas gifts. we got three touchdowns on some of those gifts they gave us. remember it was not to long ago we would moan all we get is field goals? a good team will make teams pay for giving you stuff, with touchdowns, ck did not have great glittery stats which i know is the gold standard by which all is measured,, but he made some throws when he needed to and never made a mistake so it was not a "utter failure" unless you play madden or fantasy and then thats your problem. the defense was solid, the special teams were solid, the run game was solid, we never made mistakes... i am sorry but that is how you win games. had we not taken advantage of those gifts given to us, also our guys were in the right place at the right time and made the plays,,,,,, then we would be having a different conversation this morning

The bigger picture is WINNING you f**king troll
Originally posted by 5280High:

Put down the crack pipe...

What does a team need to go far in January? 1) Dominant Defense 2) Running game... check and check. We are a couple weeks away from MM coming back, then we get Patton and then we Crabs (hopefully). And we are still missing our top two defenders, and have two CB3's out.

Thats the big picture, we dominated with our depth... which you fail to realize. And we got a pretty good shot at going 6-2 at the midseason break.

Nooo...let him keep his crack pipe, this is funny s**t.