LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 233 users in the forums

Who's impressed with this win?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who's impressed with this win?

Originally posted by jays9ers:
I gotta say not totally impressed.. Defense played well... run D wasn't great. Mc Donald going down could be a bad loss for the D. We had no pass rushwhat so ever. Kap has looked terrible 3 weeks now. The wr's awful. Run game was great.. other than that we don't look like contenders at all.

Still wondering how we scored 34 points with 6 TOTAL COMPLETIONS FOR THE GAME! LOL. Wow...seriously though, the ST coverage units were on fire last night, Brock played incredible, running game did enough, solid run blocking game for the OL, etc. But yeah, still get run on way too easy against power backs (is it that hard to play a 4-man DL or get some more beef inside?)...props to all the backups who played well to VERY well last night. Now, let's heal up and start getting guys back healthy.

PS: Was not happy with how Fangio used Brooks last night...kept him at the SAM all night (remember he had 50% of the snaps at WILL last game and had 1.5 sacks from there)...but I could "see" they were using Brooks (AKA the "Accordion") to crash down inside and force Shaub out on the run and swing the LDE "outside" to chase him. This was actually smart b/c Schaub is something like 30% passing out on the edges but 60% in the pocket. That said, would have liked to see more pressure from the WILL (if not Brooks) from Skuta/Lemonier.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Early entrant for dumb post of the week.

Once again do we look like contenders? NOPE

Classic Web Zone thread - bordering on the absurd. Everything about the Niners team performance was great except for the passing game. The defense was absolute nails, special teams repeatedly held them in bad field position, the punter boomed 60-yarders, the running game was amazing. And this was against the #1 defense in the league, a defense that is very strong against the run and the pass. The defense was playing one of the top 7 or 8 offenses in the league. They annihilated them. The passing game had a grand total of 15 attempts. Kaepernick actually looked like he was gaining a little patience in the pocket. He held his ground a little longer than he has the past few games. He hit check-down receivers a couple of times after waiting for receivers to come open. He hit Davis in stride with a mid-level perfect pass for a 64 yarder. There were a couple of significant drops and some knock downs the Texans routinely get every week. So, it's not even like the passing game was as bad as the numbers would suggest. And what we get is an absurd question and an absurd thread. Whiners.
so impressed , the two top players on D , i should say the two top players in the league are not playing on D. Our starting WR not playing and win in a domenint fashion , Oh please complain somewher else . Go Niners !
My only knock on the 49ers is when we jump out to a big league early, the playbook gets thrown out and it's run 1st down run second down than throw third down.. Kap was never Able to get into rhythm last night.. How come teams like denver and new england continue to run there offense and make it 48-3 as opposed to us where we run the clock out ?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
All I know is that I'm confident we will be 7-2 by week 9 and by then we should have a lot of key players back.

how long is aldon out for ? they said niners not sure if he will return this season lol, i was like wtf they gonna let him rehad the whole season?
originally i figure he would be out at least 60 days. sure you want him back, but him getting and staying clean and sober is the main thing. if he does not come back this year, fine.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:
We should be able to survive with the receiving corp of Boldin, Vernon and Baldwin, until we get reinforcements with Crabtree and Mario coming back. We're healthy with Frank, Kendall and LMJ at runningback, so I'm not worried there. Just pound the rock and go play action off it. We're fine on D until we get Aldon back; we should get Willis back shortly. Just play solid ball and we should head into the bye 6-2. Not bad when you consider where we were after the Seachickens game.

of course this is the truth.. lets hope the special teams continue to play like they did last night
Of course I'm impressed, because we're so damn injured, and yet we still dominated. ST and the D were lights out, and our running game was unstoppable. We've been complaining about getting away from what works (a.k.a the run game), but in this game they finally stuck to what works the whole time, and guess what? We won. If we had played like this against Indy, it would have been a W as well.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Early entrant for dumb post of the week.

Once again do we look like contenders? NOPE

Classic Web Zone thread - bordering on the absurd. Everything about the Niners team performance was great except for the passing game. The defense was absolute nails, special teams repeatedly held them in bad field position, the punter boomed 60-yarders, the running game was amazing. And this was against the #1 defense in the league, a defense that is very strong against the run and the pass. The defense was playing one of the top 7 or 8 offenses in the league. They annihilated them. The passing game had a grand total of 15 attempts. Kaepernick actually looked like he was gaining a little patience in the pocket. He held his ground a little longer than he has the past few games. He hit check-down receivers a couple of times after waiting for receivers to come open. He hit Davis in stride with a mid-level perfect pass for a 64 yarder. There were a couple of significant drops and some knock downs the Texans routinely get every week. So, it's not even like the passing game was as bad as the numbers would suggest. And what we get is an absurd question and an absurd thread. Whiners.

Bingo. And just like that, all other arguments just got annihilated.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by corona55569:
My only knock on the 49ers is when we jump out to a big league early, the playbook gets thrown out and it's run 1st down run second down than throw third down.. Kap was never Able to get into rhythm last night.. How come teams like denver and new england continue to run there offense and make it 48-3 as opposed to us where we run the clock out ?

i think the pats do not deserve your high words of praise. texans have a nice d vs the run and i am glad we got what we got on the run. i do not blame the team for running the ball on first and second down. we had some success with it and we were trying to set up third and short.. right after the start of the second half, we got in a bit of a funk which was connected to three passes in a row in one of those drives. you take what is given to you, you scratch where it itches. i am just happy they jumped out to a big lead and whatever it takes to protect it
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Of course I'm impressed, because we're so damn injured, and yet we still dominated. ST and the D were lights out, and our running game was unstoppable. We've been complaining about getting away from what works (a.k.a the run game), but in this game they finally stuck to what works the whole time, and guess what? We won. If we had played like this against Indy, it would have been a W as well.
you last words about the indy game is so true. i would hope roman got it after that game. lets see if he can call three good games in a row now! but of course probe,, all you said was spot on and i feel bad for the people who are either unable or unwilling to follow what people like you and mayo have said this morning,

Originally posted by JR80Forever:
6 completions tonight...... 6.......

Stats are for losers!!!

Want a box of tissue's cry baby?

Oh really? Find me a play off or super bowl won with 6 completions. No one is crying over here just stating facts. The offense has not logged with the exception of the GB game..

Just for fun: 1973 Superbowl winner, Miami Dolphins. They completed 6 passes for a net of 63 yards...and won the game 24-7.
Originally posted by Mankster:
Just for fun: 1973 Superbowl winner, Miami Dolphins. They completed 6 passes for a net of 63 yards...and won the game 24-7.

BOOM!! Well played!
When the season began, every prognosticator looked at the Niner schedule and said that the first five game span was brutal - four playoff teams from last year and the fifth was the Rams in St. Louis on a Thursday night. By far the toughest section of the schedule is over and the Niners are 3-2, just one game behind the Seahawks in the division. They've faced three top-10 offenses and three top-10 defenses. Last night, they held the #5 offense in the league to 3 points and ran all over them on offense. The Texans pass defense is #1 in the league and even though they only attempted 15 passes on them, they were still able to gouge them for a 64 yard TD.

Yes, I'm impressed. There's still a lot of work to do. They still have two starting receivers out. They don't have Willis or Aldon Smith in the lineup. But they're doing just fine and anyone who thinks they aren't contenders doesn't really understand what's going on IMO.
  • buck
  • Veteran
I was impressed and was celibate, again, last night.

Today is a new day. What we did against Houston is now in my rear view mirror.

I am focusing on the road in front of us. Next stop Arizona Cardinals.
Share 49ersWebzone