LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 264 users in the forums

Who's impressed with this win?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who's impressed with this win?

Who gives a crap if it was impressive or not. We are 3-2 after the hardest part of our schedule and only one game back in the division. Manningman is back soon, followed by a possible return for crabtree, not to mention the dline depth that will also be returning. We will be fine. b***hes be trippin!
Wow. We stomp the crap out of a contending team, something many thought we were incapable of doing, and people are still complaining? We're 3-2! Seahawks lost yesterday so now we're only 1 game behind, plus our schedule is soft from here one out until bye week. And people are still b***hing and whining? 40 Whiners might actually be a fitting name for our fan base.

The defense was incredible, even without Patrick Willis and Aldon Smith. I don't know if you guys watched the Texans-Seahawks game last week, but Schaub threw for over 300 yards and was able to score. This week, only 100 and reduced them to only a field goal. The defense did exactly what they needed to do which is pressure Schaub early and often, make him as uncomfortable as possible and he'll turn into a turnover machine and choke over he game. Accomplished with efficiency.

We established the run early and while our passing attack wasn't all that impressive, we really didn't need it. Kap did what was asked of him which was manage the game and commit 0 turnovers (Russell Wilson played very similarly to Kap last week, Seahawks still won). He played Alex Smith ball which is what many of you were screaming about for weeks. His stats weren't impressive but they don't tell the whole story. Some of the incompletions should've been caught, it wasn't all on him. I'm not worried about Kap because he's still young, getting adjusted to pretty significant offensive changes and playing with possibly the one of the worst receiving cores in the league. I'm sure the passing attack will expand from here on out, and especially when Kap gets more weapons around him so we can have balance. If he looks bad then, I'll be worried. But I doubt it. Let Kap continue to improve with more game experience, step his game up, let him get a bit more comfortable and he will overcome this.
CJ Spillman. Legit.
Yeah i dont know what people are complaining about. We won 34-3 with our QB only completing 6 balls. how many other teams can win like that?

That game last night has me thinking more positively than ever about this year. Our secondary played the best game of the season, our front 7 did OK, but when i consider A. Smith and P. Willis both missing and some young backups getting reps I am 100% fine with this as it will only improve later in the season when it actually matters.

Offensively our run game seems to be back on track these last 2 weeks, and Kaep although not thorwing for 300yds and 3 Tds each game has been efficient and moved the chains and put up points. Just thinking again about later in the season when our 3 WRs could be Crabtree, Boldin and Manningham has me really excited.

We need our players healthy and ready to go late in the season and playoffs. Until then anytime we can get a win (ugly, fancy etc) is fine by me. Especially vs a team like Houston.
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
Wow. We stomp the crap out of a contending team, something many thought we were incapable of doing, and people are still complaining? We're 3-2! Seahawks lost yesterday so now we're only 1 game behind, plus our schedule is soft from here one out until bye week. And people are still b***hing and whining? 40 Whiners might actually be a fitting name for our fan base.

The defense was incredible, even without Patrick Willis and Aldon Smith. I don't know if you guys watched the Texans-Seahawks game last week, but Schaub threw for over 300 yards and was able to score. This week, only 100 and reduced them to only a field goal. The defense did exactly what they needed to do which is pressure Schaub early and often, make him as uncomfortable as possible and he'll turn into a turnover machine and choke over he game. Accomplished with efficiency.

We established the run early and while our passing attack wasn't all that impressive, we really didn't need it. Kap did what was asked of him which was manage the game and commit 0 turnovers (Russell Wilson played very similarly to Kap last week, Seahawks still won). He played Alex Smith ball which is what many of you were screaming about for weeks. His stats weren't impressive but they don't tell the whole story. Some of the incompletions should've been caught, it wasn't all on him. I'm not worried about Kap because he's still young, getting adjusted to pretty significant offensive changes and playing with possibly the one of the worst receiving cores in the league. I'm sure the passing attack will expand from here on out, and especially when Kap gets more weapons around him so we can have balance. If he looks bad then, I'll be worried. But I doubt it. Let Kap continue to improve with more game experience, step his game up, let him get a bit more comfortable and he will overcome this.

The bolded is so true. During our two losses everyone was like "WE FORGOT WHO WE ARE WE NEED TO RUN RUN RUN!!!"

And now that we've gone back to that in the last two wins people are like "WE WONT WIN THE SUPERBOWL WE CANT PASs PASS PASS!"

Niner Talk
[ Edited by verb1der on Oct 7, 2013 at 7:21 AM ]
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by NeonNiner:

The bolded is so true. During our two losses everyone was like "WE FORGOT WHO WE ARE WE NEED TO RUN RUN RUN!!!"

And now that we've gone back to that in the last two wins people are like "WE WONT WIN THE SUPERBOWL WE CANT PASs PASS PASS!"

Niner Talk

So true. Kind of justifies opposing fans calling us the Fortywhiners.
Hey, just be happy you aren't fans of this guy...

Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Hey, just be happy you aren't fans of this guy...

But...but...he threw for more yards, therefore...potato!
In 2011 if we had that defense with a QB that could throw for 300-400 yards if the opportunity arose to do that based on the opposing teams defensive looks, but didn't have to to win games, we would've taken that and walked away with another Lombardi. We didn't and no knock on Alex, but that's because that was something he couldn't do. CK can and knowing that he can but doesn't HAVE to every week is why this is a good win and a positive look for the rest of the season that they can dominate with a running game and aggressive defense without having to have a huge game from the QB in order to win. I also think they're quietly scaling back on CKs audibling and changing plays at the line because its too much for him right now. I'm all for the "Go With Gore" campaign and so far its responsible for 2 wins in 2 weeks.
All I know is that I'm confident we will be 7-2 by week 9 and by then we should have a lot of key players back.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
it was a much needed dominating win over a team that was struggling. our team sometimes has a habit of making struggling teams and quarterbacks come alive, we took their will and imposed our will and that is what the niners do when they play well. still worried about our d line and would assume the team will sign someone this week no matter whats going on with ray. special teams were superb and i would like to know where that post went from some posters whining we have to many special teams players on our roster. with Michael W playing well in place of willis, i would set patrick for this sunday and I hope his effort has taken away the "sign larry grant blather".Not sure why ck is not accurate at times but at the end of the day he made good throws to boldin and vernon when he needed to. How can anyone not be happy with this win, despite our injuries, other guys stepped up, we continue to run the ball well and special teams was special. nice game by kyle on the reverse and a good punt return. you all should be very happy we did not let a struggling team get confidence and that is one of the better defensive teams we will face.. oh another thing, the much maligned secondary was very very good , all of them in my opinion
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
You play to win the game.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Early entrant for dumb post of the week.

This^
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
All I know is that I'm confident we will be 7-2 by week 9 and by then we should have a lot of key players back.

how long is aldon out for ? they said niners not sure if he will return this season lol, i was like wtf they gonna let him rehad the whole season?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
We should be able to survive with the receiving corp of Boldin, Vernon and Baldwin, until we get reinforcements with Crabtree and Mario coming back. We're healthy with Frank, Kendall and LMJ at runningback, so I'm not worried there. Just pound the rock and go play action off it. We're fine on D until we get Aldon back; we should get Willis back shortly. Just play solid ball and we should head into the bye 6-2. Not bad when you consider where we were after the Seachickens game.
Share 49ersWebzone