LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 275 users in the forums

Who's impressed with this win?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who's impressed with this win?

Originally posted by VancouverNiner:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I'm impressed overall, but not with certain facets.

Run defense not as dominant as it used to be, but that's been known this season. CK's wheels have almost fallen off. He does not play with confidence or swagger any more, doesn't seem to trust his receivers, and honestly it seems like he's in practice/development mode where he's doing trial and error with his throws. His two throws to Baldwin were essentially uncatchable.

He looks nothing like the player he was last year. Hard to determine what happened after Green Bay. He's a massively athletic, physical freak, but on the field his play has regressed to that of a journeyman game manager who makes just a few good-to-decent throws a game.

I hope he snaps out of this.

green bay bit so hard on shutting down the run to the point kap could have closed his eyes and just chucked it down the field and one of our guys could have caught it....

im no qb coach but theyve got to get him to learn how to get thru multiple reads and pick his best option.
hes locking on to boldin or vernon.

has anyone else noticed anytime he has a chance to break a run for another 10 yards he slows down and looks to throw?
im sure thats the coaches saying look for the throw before you take off but ive personally seen so many gaps where im sure hes seen them too, he could take off but he is always looking for someone to be open.

thats the signs of an elite quarterback but if u can run, RUN DUDE!

Oh the irony......
Originally posted by buck:
I do not of any rational person who thinks the team does not have to make improvements in a variety of areas.

The fact that there are still problems that the team needs to solve does not automatically mean this win was not impressive.

What is the opposite of "rose colored glasses"--what color are the glasses that only allow a person to see the negative.

edit: Be Impressed. Celibate. But only for the night because a new work week starts tomorrow, and more advances are needed.

!!!autocorrect lol

I am prepared to be celibate. But just for one night.
Originally posted by trellblaze:
A lot of the plays that have been called recently are 1-2 read plays by design. You don't just tell a QB to start reading the entire field and he turns on a read switch one day. It's a process. He's going through it. Try to force too much onto him too early and you get a 3 INT performance (see "vs Seattle").

defenses know he's reading 1 and 2.

i agree its a process.. and i prefer that hes looking for 3 and 4 before running... just frustrating that super mario and crabs arent there cuz he would be killing it with his current play.

every time he breaks away from a sack he buys time to throw it... once he has receivers... it should be a good show.
[ Edited by VancouverNiner on Oct 7, 2013 at 1:53 AM ]
What is the opposite of "rose colored glasses"--what color are the glasses that only allow a person to see the negative.

No idea, ask susweel or SanDiego9er.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Oct 7, 2013 at 1:55 AM ]
Originally posted by VancouverNiner:
A lot of the plays that have been called recently are 1-2 read plays by design. You don't just tell a QB to start reading the entire field and he turns on a read switch one day. It's a process. He's going through it. Try to force too much onto him too early and you get a 3 INT performance (see "vs Seattle").

defenses know he's reading 1 and 2.

i agree its a process.. and i prefer that hes looking for 3 and 4 before running... just frustrating that super mario and crabs arent there cuz he would be killing it with his current play.

every time he breaks away from a sack he buys time to throw it... once he has receivers... it should be a good show.

I agree but the way I look at it, ALL teams go through tough injuries at some point. We were VERY fortunate the last 2 seasons to lose so few. The thing is, you patch up and move on (see Super Bowl Ravens).

That said, at least we DO get those guys back. Like you, I'm excited to see how they contribute.
Originally posted by Gore_21:

s**t-covered glasses
Originally posted by English:

s**t-covered glasses

What do you call those things people with vision problems sometimes wear? They look like a cross between super dark shades and goggles...
[ Edited by trellblaze on Oct 7, 2013 at 1:59 AM ]
If the defense & running game can continue to kick-ass, and Kaep grows as a QB while doing his best Alex Smith impression, I am 100% OK with that.

Somebody here mentioned this year could be 2011-redux. Sounds fine to me.
I agree but the way I look at it, ALL teams go through tough injuries at some point. We were VERY fortunate the last 2 seasons to lose so few. The thing is, you patch up and move on (see Super Bowl Ravens).

That said, at least we DO get those guys back. Like you, I'm excited to see how they contribute.

agreed brother.

ray mac was another victim of our 2 year run..... a good team buckles down and deals with inuries... and were dealing with them hardcore..

all hail baalke.

this week was a whatever win... however a blow out win after playing like s**t is a good problem to have.... LETS GO!!!!!!!!!!!! CHEERS BROTHER!!!
  • buck
  • Veteran

• buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:
I do not of any rational person who thinks the team does not have to make improvements in a variety of areas.

The fact that there are still problems that the team needs to solve does not automatically mean this win was not impressive.

edit: Be Impressed. Celibate. But only for the night because a new work week starts tomorrow, and more advances are needed.

!!!autocorrect lol

I am prepared to be celibate. But just for one night.

I need to put on that idiot hat and sit in the corner again. Dang. auto-mistake is more like it.

Celebrate-- not celibate.

• mayo49
  • Veteran
We're looking at 6-2 going into the bye, that's all that I care about. Screw the style points, I just want to win.
Originally posted by mayo49:
We're looking at 6-2 going into the bye, that's all that I care about. Screw the style points, I just want to win.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Also, I remember the last time the 49ers played the Texans, ended up losing 24-21 in 2009 against many of the same players, beating this team down feels free damn good. I still haven't forgotten all the bad times that this team went through, its nice to just appreciate a win and how far this team has come from those days.

Wasn't that the game when the current Alex Smith emerged? Came off the bench to throw three TDs in a half?
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
The defense impressed me, again playing great without two of their All-Pro LB's. Special teams were tight too. The running game was good enough but the passing game was clearly the weak link. I'll temper my disappointment with the fact that the Texans have the #1 passing D in the NFL. It's still a solid win.

With this performance, I hope people who said Seely was allowed to keep too many of his guys sees the value of our special teams. They look nothing like that 2012 unit.
Good win. Run game A+ against a stout defense. Defense A. Passing C. Bad loss for the defense if McDonald is lost.

Kaep didn't have a great game, but I believe once Mario and Crabs get back he'll be the QB we saw last season.

Bright spot for the offense is VD is still the man with a bad hamstring. He should of had at least two TD's last night.

Go 9ers!!!
[ Edited by kemp_j on Oct 7, 2013 at 3:04 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone