LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 200 users in the forums

Who's impressed with this win?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who's impressed with this win?

Originally posted by SeattleHasNoRings0:
We have crap run defense and no pass rush. The offense did nothing all night and Houston GAVE the 49ers the game. I love the win, but this team is FAIR from contending for a Super Bowl. Kaepernick has regressed big time... Please explain why we don't see screen plays? I am starting to miss seeing Alex Smith dump the ball off every play... Only 6 completions all night is embarrassing, even if you win. It is very concerning. Brandon Lloyd anyone? Richard Seymour? I don't understand why they aren't on the team already..

Obvious troll is obvious.

Conservative play calling on offense. Look for more of a passing attack once we get manning ham and Crabtree back. Defense was impressive. Happy with the backup players stepping in and playing well but worried about the injuries that are piling up
So to answer your question OP f**k yeah I'm impressed with this win!!!!
Originally posted by Godsleftsock:
Wow, posters with 14 posts freaking out. Color me surprised

This. This site needs a kiddie pool that only allows you to post there until you get up to say......250 posts at least.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by Rascal:
First off, it is more than apparent there is a big problem with our passing game. Whether it is Kap or the receivers or both, it doesn't matter it just needs to be resolved quick !! Remember the beatdown in Seattle when we all thought it was the WRs fault for not getting open ? Well, I thought that too until someone posted the clips of receivers wide open with Kap just not covering his reads. Likewise, I can't say for sure what were the issues in this game until I see more clips.

If you look at coaches film of Tom Brady. You can cherry pick 20 passes that should have gone elsewhere. It is easy to pick apart that stuff on tape.

I think you are being over-sensitive here. The point is about the bigger picture and not finger-pointing, so let's focus on the task at hand. What I said was I don't know what the exact issues are, be it Kap, WRs, schemes, playcalling or a combination of everything. Whatever it is or they are, all I know is we just need to get it fixed. If this is the passing offense we are fielding week in week out which we have been ever since after the Packers game, we are not going to be very successful this season. There will be games when we might not be able to run the ball or the D not playing so well, when that happens we will have serious problems. Without a legit passing game, we just can't move the chains effectively and efficiently, that's before we talk about red zone plays and actual scoring.
[ Edited by Rascal on Oct 7, 2013 at 12:13 AM ]
first time ive been able to log on all day... read the thread title and instead of suffering through 17 pages, my answer is no. im not impressed.

we need gsp in the locker room after these kinds of games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0x2HzpIHo-w
impressed considering all the injuries and impressed with the secondary play thanks to Brock and Reid, Texans have a good down the field offense and you can say Schaub was terrible or you can say the secondary made him look that way
  • buck
  • Veteran
I thought that we would win this game, but I thought it was going to be a dog fight, and a very close game.

The defense played very well. Special teams played very well. The run game was very good.

The passing game was weak, not terrible, but it was not weak enough to affect the out come of the game.

Brock's first interception was an excellent play on his part. He baited the trap and Schaub threw right into it.

Overall, I was very happy with the game and impressed.

The team still needs to improve, particularly in the passing game.
Nobody gets great passing stats against the Texans, which is why they have the number one passing D. Russel Wilson was 12/23 for 123 yards (that included overtime), Flacco was 16/24 for 171 yards, Locker was 17/30 for 148 yards, and even Philip Rivers was 14/29 for 195 yards. Obviously the 49ers came into this game not wanting to put the ball in the air too much against this Texans D, which is why Kap only had 15 attempts the entire game. I'll be honest, I was a little concerned for the first time about Kap during this game, but I do think the Niners had the right game plan against this Texans D. The bottom line is it was a straight up butt-whooping against a pretty good team, and one of the most talented in the NFL. Would I have liked for Kap to have 300 yards passing and 3 TDs? Absolutely. But you take your wins whichever way you get them. And this was a pretty impressive win top to bottom.
to me all wins are impressive, just to varying degrees--the defense lifts this win up a bit in terms of impressiveness, the lack of a passing game drags it down

Originally posted by real9erfan:
Nobody gets great passing stats against the Texans, which is why they have the number one passing D. Russel Wilson was 12/23 for 123 yards (that included overtime), Flacco was 16/24 for 171 yards, Locker was 17/30 for 148 yards, and even Philip Rivers was 14/29 for 195 yards. Obviously the 49ers came into this game not wanting to put the ball in the air too much against this Texans D, which is why Kap only had 15 attempts the entire game. I'll be honest, I was a little concerned for the first time about Kap during this game, but I do think the Niners had the right game plan against this Texans D. The bottom line is it was a straight up butt-whooping against a pretty good team, and one of the most talented in the NFL. Would I have liked for Kap to have 300 yards passing and 3 TDs? Absolutely. But you take your wins whichever way you get them. And this was a pretty impressive win top to bottom.

None of the above mentioned guys are good passers IMO.
69-14 last two games and of course people on the webzone arent happy lol
I'm impressed overall, but not with certain facets.

Run defense not as dominant as it used to be, but that's been known this season. CK's wheels have almost fallen off. He does not play with confidence or swagger any more, doesn't seem to trust his receivers, and honestly it seems like he's in practice/development mode where he's doing trial and error with his throws. His two throws to Baldwin were essentially uncatchable.

He looks nothing like the player he was last year. Hard to determine what happened after Green Bay. He's a massively athletic, physical freak, but on the field his play has regressed to that of a journeyman game manager who makes just a few good-to-decent throws a game.

I hope he snaps out of this.
Impressed with ST Coverage/ST... Impressed with Run Game.... Impressed with Pass Defense.... Impressed with Penalties for Once..... Like I said though still areas to work on, the passing game in particular. That being said I think the Texans are a good pass defense and get pressure and also we were set on running the ball especially up big. With that being said still no excuse... 4/14 for 49 yards before the Davis TD. Part of it is the OL's pass blocking, part of it is the WR's not stepping up, part of it's Kap and part of it is the coaching not utilizing our guys to their fullest. McDonald, James. We don't do enough slants and quick throws.. all 7 step drops from what I see. Get James lined up out wide, throw a screen once in awhile... just get the ball in his hands in space. With McDonald seems like he has done a lot of blocking lately. Seems like we haven't been doing much play action passes either. At least we stopped with the pistol fake handoff every play and also got back to running from a traditional formation more.

Would it kill us to put Gore and Hunter/James on the field at the same time? Are 2 back sets dying in the nfl? Can set up double screens, have both run out in the flats, send one or both out wide, etc. We have split Miller out wide a lot but you would think James would be more suited for that. Maybe he isn't out there more because of blocking. Gore is a great blocker. Also, what happened to dumping off to running backs? Kap has been hesitant to take off at times and he's been hesitant to dump off as well. Need to get the ball in the flats to Gore, Hunter and James more. Anyways, kind of rambled but those are a few things we have to work on yet.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Oct 7, 2013 at 12:45 AM ]
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
69-14 last two games and of course people on the webzone arent happy lol

You have no problem with our passing game? Just because people say there are things to work on doesn't mean they aren't happy with the win.
Share 49ersWebzone