There are 184 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Who's impressed with this win?

Who's impressed with this win?

Originally posted by Rascal:
First off, it is more than apparent there is a big problem with our passing game. Whether it is Kap or the receivers or both, it doesn't matter it just needs to be resolved quick !! Remember the beatdown in Seattle when we all thought it was the WRs fault for not getting open ? Well, I thought that too until someone posted the clips of receivers wide open with Kap just not covering his reads. Likewise, I can't say for sure what were the issues in this game until I see more clips.

If you look at coaches film of Tom Brady. You can cherry pick 20 passes that should have gone elsewhere. It is easy to pick apart that stuff on tape.
I am very impressed by the win. The passing game struggled against a top defense, but the offense still put up 24 points. This was a coaching win because they didn't feel the need to air it out. Plus pass defense is HOU's specialty. Why play into their hands when you can run it and keep the ailing defense rested? Kap did have some off target throws, but he also made some quick hits on crossing patterns, on stride for RAC yards.
Originally posted by jays9ers:
Bottom line we can't win a super bowl with this type of offensive play.. Talk all you about a win is a win, still doesn't mask that we have big issues with this inept offense.

177 yards rushing is inept?
We just finally escaped the most brutal part of our schedule 3-2, with possibly 6-2 into the bye, and we're only one game (with a win over the Cardinals + Seattle loss) out of evening up with the Seahawks, without even having to shove too much onto a young QB still adjusting to the offense, without his blankey reciever.

This is gravy, GOD THIS IS GRAVY, I don't care how we win, I just want the W, and this style of football will carry us through the playoffs... gravy...
Originally posted by Black24Razor:
Bottom line we can't win a super bowl with this type of offensive play.. Talk all you about a win is a win, still doesn't mask that we have big issues with this inept offense.

This game reminds me of the 34-0 beatdown of the Jets last year. It wasn't exactly pretty, but we dominated the line of scrimmage, and didn't allow the opponent even a chance to come back...

And yet people complain...
Frank Gore said it best; "We just want the W's over here." and I agree with him. As long as we can find a way to win I'm good. I'm only 29 but I've been going to two a day football practices with my dad and watching football (high school, college, and NFL) since I was 5. I've seem teams with mediocre QB's win Super Bowls (Dilfer, Flacco, Eli, Big Ben) and I've seen teams with elite QB's win Super Bowls (Manning, Brees, Brady, Rodgers). Truly elite QBs can do more with less, but seeing as how Kap is only 14 games in I don't see how we can even compare him to the upper echelon. MARK MY WORDS... this will be a long season... Kap is going to have more bad games... but everything has a process and in due time he will be a great. If not we have plenty of picks and his contract is scraps in a league where elite QBs get paid 20mill, so if it does not work out oh well.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by Black24Razor:

This game reminds me of the 34-0 beatdown of the Jets last year. It wasn't exactly pretty, but we dominated the line of scrimmage, and didn't allow the opponent even a chance to come back...

And yet people complain...

Yup, but a beat down on the Texans is much different than a beat down on the Jets. IMHO.

I'm happy for today's win. The Kaep throw to Vernon for the TD was a thing of beauty!
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erMike:
The glass is always half empty.

Apparently, the glass is broken-or at least some posters seem to think so.
Also, I remember the last time the 49ers played the Texans, ended up losing 24-21 in 2009 against many of the same players, beating this team down feels free damn good. I still haven't forgotten all the bad times that this team went through, its nice to just appreciate a win and how far this team has come from those days.
I am not impressed with this win because of Kaepernick. He looks slower out there when he runs..something has happened (hidden injury?). Also, as strict pocket passer he sucks. I do not have any confidence in his ability now.
  • Sev24
  • Veteran
if you guys are impressed with this, you werent 9er fans last season... its obviously good to get a W but Kaepernick looked like an elite QB last year and so far this year he has looked like a rookie. Dont tell me that none of our receivers can get open because they are NFL WRs. if you take ANY one of of the top 7-10 Qbs in the league, he would have had a LOT more than 6 completions. He's lost his confidence, his decision making has gone to crap and has looked like a shell of himself from last year. Hes had ONE good game this season. if that isnt cause for concern, i dont know what is. Stop being biased people, take a step back and realize this offense isnt anywhere near what it was last year. Crabtree is GREAT but not having him shouldnt have this type of impact. I know Mario's missing too but please dont act like he did anything last season.
[ Edited by Sev24 on Oct 6, 2013 at 11:05 PM ]
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jimmythegreekjr:
I am not impressed with this win because of Kaepernick. He looks slower out there when he runs..something has happened (hidden injury?). Also, as strict pocket passer he sucks. I do not have any confidence in his ability now.

I just think the coaching staff doesn't want him to run and get hurt. He still has elusive speed. I just don't think you are going to see that Green Bay Packer performance, or anything remotely close to it, ever again from Kaepernick.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
I'm happy too. But I continue to focus on our lack of performance on pass offense because we will never be a legitimate contender if we can't get this straightened out. That's all I'm trying to say.

I disagree with others who think that injuries are the reason we are performing as poorly as we are. I think it's about 30% of the reason. The other 70% involves stuff that is more serious.

First, I am not exactly sure what a legitimate contender is at this point in season. We are in fact contending for a spot in the play-offs--and the play offs are a long ways ago. There is a reason the games are actually played on the field.

If I had to guess, I would guess that you think that Baalke, Harbaugh, Roman, and Kaepernick are the much of the 70% of the problem. Is that a good guess?

Originally posted by Sev24:
if you guys are impressed with this, you werent 9er fans last season... its obviously good to get a W but Kaepernick looked like an elite QB last year and so far this year he has looked like a rookie. Dont tell me that none of our receivers can get open because they are NFL WRs. if you take ANY one of of the top 7-10 Qbs in the league, he would have had a LOT more than 6 completions. He's lost his confidence, his decision making has gone to crap and has looked like a shell of himself from last year. Hes had ONE good game this season. if that isnt cause for concern, i dont know what is. Stop being biased people, take a step back and realize this offense isnt anywhere near what it was last year. Crabtree is GREAT but not having him shouldnt have this type of impact. I know Mario's missing too but please dont act like he did anything last season.

Really...

Did you watch the Saints game? Kaep made a few big 3rd down completions, but really we won because we had 2 TDs from our D.

How about the Miami game? Struggled most of the game, other than the read-option TD by Kaep that sealed it.

How about the Cardinals game? Again, it wasn't pretty, but Crabtree just owned Peterson all day and made it a game.

Then there was the SEA and STL games...

The fact of the matter is that the pistol formation wasn't diagnosed by defensive coordinators last year, giving Kaep some additional learning time. But now he has to face D-coordinators who have had an offseason to study him and he's playing without his #1 target, by far, and his #2 target is gimpy.

And on top of that, he still hasn't played a full season as starter yet...

... and yes, I watched every game last year.
The defense impressed me, again playing great without two of their All-Pro LB's. Special teams were tight too. The running game was good enough but the passing game was clearly the weak link. I'll temper my disappointment with the fact that the Texans have the #1 passing D in the NFL. It's still a solid win.