There are 150 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Who's impressed with this win?

Who's impressed with this win?

if our QB plays bad and everything else is great well go as far as Alex took us. to win a SB we need Kap to play like its 2012
Originally posted by ruthless49er:
if our QB plays bad and everything else is great well go as far as Alex took us. to win a SB we need Kap to play like its 2012

For Kap to play like its 2012 he needs his weapons back from the pup list.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Early entrant for dumb post of the week.

+1. And yes, we're starting to look more and more like contenders (especially in having to deal with all these injuries + rehab involving not only some of our best talent, but some of the best talent in the league in Willis, Aldon. etc).
[ Edited by LottDMontanaO on Oct 6, 2013 at 10:14 PM ]
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Our playcalling still needs work, Kap still needs work, but what we did against the Texans was impressive. If Kap had more attempts, he would have had respectable yards against the best defense in the league. I don't know what more we should be asking for.

I'm not looking at the stats. I'm looking at the throws. Very few were prime time catchable. Even the balls that were caught, the receiver had to improvise, reach. Kap is not in the zone at all.


I didn't see that.

Exhibit A: The long lob to Baldwin was well placed, and caught, but he couldn't get two feet in bounds because he's just not that good of a player.

I saw an overthrow to Davis, but then I saw a BEAUTIFUL throw down the middle seem that Davis just dropped. Then I saw another perfectly thrown ball for the touchdown. If it wasn't perfect, Davis doesn't run that in.
I saw another WR screen that was flat dropped, that could have been an easy first down.

This was a tough as heck defense, the toughest in the entire league. I saw a lot of good throws, and some barely missed throws. It looked pretty good to me.
Originally posted by buck:
Our next game is against the Arizona Cardinals. The team has to focus on that game. And that is what I am going to do.

When we play Seattle, I will focus on that game.

Kaepernick did not play like a chump--the quarterback from Houston did.
Kaepernick threw one touchdown, no interceptions, took only one sack, and had no fumbles.

The passing game needs work, but placing the onus for the weaknesses in the passing solely on Kaepernick seems to be unreasonable.

Kaepernick clearly needs to improve his reads and the accuracy of his passes.

The receivers need to get open.

The coaching staff needs to do a better job.

Um, Kaepernick played poorly. Schaub was a bigger chump, but that doesn't mean Kap played well. All your points are correct. The offense is a clusterf* except for Frank. Where do we go from here?
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Um, Kaepernick played poorly. Schaub was a bigger chump, but that doesn't mean Kap played well. All your points are correct. The offense is a clusterf* except for Frank. Where do we go from here?


Kap played well.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
I didn't see that.

Exhibit A: The long lob to Baldwin was well placed, and caught, but he couldn't get two feet in bounds because he's just not that good of a player.

I saw an overthrow to Davis, but then I saw a BEAUTIFUL throw down the middle seem that Davis just dropped. Then I saw another perfectly thrown ball for the touchdown. If it wasn't perfect, Davis doesn't run that in.
I saw another WR screen that was flat dropped, that could have been an easy first down.

This was a tough as heck defense, the toughest in the entire league. I saw a lot of good throws, and some barely missed throws. It looked pretty good to me.

No, I didn't like the placement on a lot of throws. I'll look on the game if its posted, and note the times.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Kap played well.

How can you say this?
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Wins are more important than looking good right now. Pile up the wins regardless of style points, get healthy and play your best football down the stretch. Just saying, I wouldn't worry too much about how we look in early October.

This guy has great wisdom!
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Um, Kaepernick played poorly. Schaub was a bigger chump, but that doesn't mean Kap played well. All your points are correct. The offense is a clusterf* except for Frank. Where do we go from here?

How about we win out until the bye week.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Kap played well.

How can you say this?


How can you say he played poorly? He made good throws. You say he didn't, I say he did. We watched two different games apparently.

In the post above I outlined the throws that stood out to me.
  • rdc1
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 147
Put this game in perspective.

The first time the 49ers had the ball they drove down for a touchdown putting them up 14-0. During that drive Kaep was 3 out of 5 including two third down pass completions. The next time the 49ers got the ball they drove 37 yards rushing before Gore lost 4 on first down setting up 2nd and 14. The next two passes were to Boldin and were incomplete. The next time the 49ers got the ball they drove for a touchdown without a pass having to be made. Basically at that point it became a don't make a mistake game, When it started to look like the Texans might pick up some momentum (however slight) in the second half you got the VD touchdown.

No need to pass much, No need to take risks when passing. Most of the passes that were incomplete were pretty accurate. Some were very well defensed. Only a couple were off target one was over throw to Davis (Davis seemed to be moving a bit slower than normal on that one) and one to Boldin.

The pass statistics were pretty reflective of a game where not much as needed.
[ Edited by rdc1 on Oct 6, 2013 at 10:19 PM ]
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Early entrant for dumb post of the week.

+1. And yes, we're starting to look more and more like contenders (especially in having to deal with all these injuries to not only some of our best talent, but some of the best talent in the league in Willis, Aldon, etc.).

Can't believe some fans haven't figured out how critical these losses are to our team. You can't just lose the best young pass rusher in the league, the best ILB in the league and your top WR and not miss a beat. No team can sustain those types of critical losses and look just as good as they did when those guys are on the field...the trick is to find a way to win. And so far, through the toughest part of the schedule, we're 3-2 and back in the chase. Realistically, that's more than we could've hoped for given all that's gone on.
Originally posted by rdc1:
Put this game in perspective.

The first time the 49ers had the ball they drove down for a touchdown putting them up 14-0. During that drive Kaep was 3 out of 5 including two third down pass completions. The next time the 49ers got the ball they drove 37 yards rushing before Gore lost 4 on first down setting up 2nd and 14. The next two passes were to Boldin and were incomplete. The next time the 49ers got the ball they drove for a touchdown without a pass having to be made. Basically at that point it become a don't make a mistake game, When it started to look like the Texans might pick up some momentum (however slight) in the second half you got the VD touchdown.

No need to pass much, No need to take risks when passing. Most of the passes that were incomplete were pretty accurate. Some were very well defensed. Only a couple were off target one was over throw to Davis (Davis seemed to be moving a bit slower than normal on that one) and one to Boldin.

The pass statistics were pretty reflective of a game where not much as needed.


Excellent point. Once the game was in control, like it or not, our coaches went into a bit of a shell. We didn't throw the ball a lot. Kap can't control the amount of passing attempts he has.
...