There are 95 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Who's impressed with this win?

Who's impressed with this win?

  • Garcia
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 24,844
we ran the ball down their throats.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
The 49ers are limited in personnel. Baldwin shouldn't be out there right now, neither Moore nor Williams are anything but back of the rotation WR's, VD is gimpy, this team has no real deep threat to stretch out a defense, I think for right now, they best they can do is keep winning and that is what they did tonight. I don't give a f**k how they win, and today they won in spectacular fashion and utterly raped a high quality team on national television.


It'd be one thing if the 49ers had a healthy VD, a healthy Manningham, a healthy Crabtree...etc, they don't though, they're missing a slate of players on defense, so foer what its worth, yes I am satisfied, Roman called a pretty good game today, the 49ers played it smart, they ran the ball, the didn't turn it over, they beat down a very good team and defense. That is good enough for me. Eventually they will get reinforcements, Manningham will be back, Patton will be back, Crabtree, on defense Aldon will return, this team will start clicking and then everyone will see what they have going, until then, win, however you can, whether its pretty or ugly, whether Kaepernick throws for 50 yards or 500 yards, a W is a W is a W, period.

I'm happy too. But I continue to focus on our lack of performance on pass offense because we will never be a legitimate contender if we can't get this straightened out. That's all I'm trying to say.

I disagree with others who think that injuries are the reason we are performing as poorly as we are. I think it's about 30% of the reason. The other 70% involves stuff that is more serious.
Originally posted by jays9ers:
Bottom line we can't win a super bowl with this type of offensive play.. Talk all you about a win is a win, still doesn't mask that we have big issues with this inept offense.


See, now this is the thing that fell on deaf ears in the off-season.

When Crabtree got hurt, it was devastating. I couldn't believe it. People were hoping that a bunch of training camp filler would step up and become like Randy Moss and Manningham, but it didn't work out that way.

We are a worse team without our #1 WR. One of the best receivers in the league. I hope people realize that being worse at WR is not a good thing.
Improvement from the week before. Hopefully we can keep getting better each week.

Brock really stepped up, Reid is a winner, Brooks played VG, Whitner played good, we'll need some Dline help soon.

Kap only has 2 guys to throw the ball to. He played better than last week

Impressed w/improvement BUT we aren't playing championship football right now.
Other than Kaeps stats we played pretty good. Secondary played well against an O that can be lethal and DL created pressure when they needed to.

On to Kaep, he missed a couple today and I don't know that he trusts his receivers outside of Boldin and Davis. That needs to change. Both Kaep n the receivers need to work on that
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Improvement from the week before. Hopefully we can keep getting better each week.

Brock really stepped up, Reid is a winner, Brooks played VG, Whitner played good, we'll need some Dline help soon.

Kap only has 2 guys to throw the ball to. He played better than last week

Impressed w/improvement BUT we aren't playing championship football right now.


True but they are winning....decisively. They just need to keep their heads above the water as they get healthier and get more guys coming back. If they can win their next 3 games, stay healthy during that time, they'll be in good position after the bye with all the upgrades that will happen as a result of people getting healthy.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
I'm happy too. But I continue to focus on our lack of performance on pass offense because we will never be a legitimate contender if we can't get this straightened out. That's all I'm trying to say.

I disagree with others who think that injuries are the reason we are performing as poorly as we are. I think it's about 30% of the reason. The other 70% involves stuff that is more serious.


Our playcalling still needs work, Kap still needs work, but what we did against the Texans was impressive. If Kap had more attempts, he would have had respectable yards against the best defense in the league. I don't know what more we should be asking for.
Just 2 guys? No Gore, McDonald, Hunter, James? These guys can't catch the ball?
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Our playcalling still needs work, Kap still needs work, but what we did against the Texans was impressive. If Kap had more attempts, he would have had respectable yards against the best defense in the league. I don't know what more we should be asking for.

I'm not looking at the stats. I'm looking at the throws. Very few were prime time catchable. Even the balls that were caught, the receiver had to improvise, reach. Kap is not in the zone at all.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
You want me to get you some cheese with all that whine? Maybe call the waahmbulance for you???? Get a grip, this is a team decimated by injuries, they're winning however they can, period, there are no style points for victories, if they go back to their formula in 2011, run over teams, crush them with the defense, I'm more than content with that approach which got them to the NFC Championship Game.

Ive been saying for the past few years fantasy football is ruining fanbases all over, people are more concerned with stats and style points then they are wins. Our defense was down 4 starters and lost a starter during the game, were missing two starters on offense and had a scare with Gore as well. If we can win like that I could give 2 s**ts less about stats and style points because it means when this team is healthy and back to 100% were gunna be dangerous and get all the stats and style points back and hopefully the crying will end. Although its unlikely.
  • buck
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 9,544
Originally posted by Axl49:
Not me kap played like a chump again and we have up a lot of run plays but it was aa great rb we faced. Still don't like the play calls. Kap better shape up for Seattle

Our next game is against the Arizona Cardinals. The team has to focus on that game. And that is what I am going to do.

When we play Seattle, I will focus on that game.

Kaepernick did not play like a chump--the quarterback from Houston did.
Kaepernick threw one touchdown, no interceptions, took only one sack, and had no fumbles.

The passing game needs work, but placing the onus for the weaknesses in the passing solely on Kaepernick seems to be unreasonable.

Kaepernick clearly needs to improve his reads and the accuracy of his passes.

The receivers need to get open.

The coaching staff needs to do a better job.
Other than Kaeps stats we played pretty good. Secondary played well against an O that can be lethal and DL created pressure when they needed to.

On to Kaep, he missed a couple today and I don't know that he trusts his receivers outside of Boldin and Davis. That needs to change. Both Kaep n the receivers need to work on that
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Just 2 guys? No Gore, McDonald, Hunter, James? These guys can't catch the ball?

If you watch closely most of those guys had to block most of the game because Houstan was bringin as much heat as possible.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Improvement from the week before. Hopefully we can keep getting better each week.

Brock really stepped up, Reid is a winner, Brooks played VG, Whitner played good, we'll need some Dline help soon.

Kap only has 2 guys to throw the ball to. He played better than last week

Impressed w/improvement BUT we aren't playing championship football right now.

Wins are more important than looking good right now. Pile up the wins regardless of style points, get healthy and play your best football down the stretch. Just saying, I wouldn't worry too much about how we look in early October.