LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 283 users in the forums

Our Defensive Line Situation

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
dorsey will be fine. probably just a slight pull.
If Dorsey is gonna miss any time we need another body. Hope he doesnt because he was having a great year thus far.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
If Dorsey is gonna miss any time we need another body. Hope he doesnt because he was having a great year thus far.

My guess is a hamstring tweak and he should be good to go for next week. If not hopefully we at least have Dial to plug in and say just hold this space. TJE and Dobbs aren't NT's.
Originally posted by Gore_21:

My guess is a hamstring tweak and he should be good to go for next week. If not hopefully we at least have Dial to plug in and say just hold this space. TJE and Dobbs aren't NT's.

yea, only other option is putting 4 dlineman in there. When it rains it pours it seems, tough season for us in the health department.
Hamstrings are very tricky. This could minor or major. I think they have to bring in a body. Not sure Dial is gonna be ready. I'm thinking him & Tank need 2 weeks of practice before being put into the mix.
Yeah, the Hamstring might be nothing to worry about or it might keep him out for weeks. The nose tackle position is a worry, but I think that we managed ok today. Who's out there as a free agent?
Originally posted by csjwilkinson:
Yeah, the Hamstring might be nothing to worry about or it might keep him out for weeks. The nose tackle position is a worry, but I think that we managed ok today. Who's out there as a free agent?

IMO after dorsey was out we did not do well on the dline, especially in the interior. They pretty much ran at will in the middle on us, and there was no interior push on the pocket on passing downs.
[ Edited by IdahoNiner on Oct 13, 2013 at 6:41 PM ]
Originally posted by csjwilkinson:

IMO after dorsey was out we did not do well on the dline, especially in the interior. They pretty much ran at will in the middle on us, and there was no interior push on the pocket on passing downs.

Agreed...and then TJE also pulled a muscle as well. But Dorsey actually looked like he was in a lot of pain...worst case he tears the hammy, best case he'll be back after a couple weeks of stimulation treatment. Either way, we need help here or a different scheme stat. Palmer was stepping up all day long and we were gashed up the middle. Williams, Dorsey...TJE nor Dobbs are NT's on any level. Next man up...that man nmay not be on the team at the momentt.
Wonder if they bring back Mike Purcell if Dorsey is out for awhile, Not sure if he is currently signed anywhere. He at least knows a little bit of the defense.
Originally posted by E-49er:
Wonder if they bring back Mike Purcell if Dorsey is out for awhile, Not sure if he is currently signed anywhere. He at least knows a little bit of the defense.

Mike Purcell is on our practice squad.

It's time for Quinton Dial to step up and they have to trust him. Not this Fangio stuff where well we don't know if he will play.
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:

ok. wasnt sure if someone signed him off of it or not. Mahalo, 808.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
It's time for Quinton Dial to step up and they have to trust him. Not this Fangio stuff where well we don't know if he will play.

Fangio makes me laugh. He's so pessimistic.

I think he just want's players to pull their weight in practice. Dial is a hard worker though.

Saban is no slouch, and demands 100% from his players so I can't imagine Dial not giving it his all.

Technique may be an issue, but the longer Tomsula works with him the better he will get.

I don't think the alignment and scheme will be over his head though. He will be doing many of the same things he did at Alabama, and they play a similar 3-4. Bama NT's don't rush often though. When they do it's very controlled.
May have to go with the 4-man line if Dorsey can't go. Lemonier, McDonald, Smith, and Dobbs/TJE maybe?
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:

ok. wasnt sure if someone signed him off of it or not. Mahalo, 808.

Np braddah! Go Niners!
Share 49ersWebzone