LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 269 users in the forums

Our Defensive Line Situation

Shop Find 49ers gear online
pwillis52beastyVeteran:

If Richard Seymour cost too much, how about moving Dorsey to end and signing Casey Hamptons fat ass to play nose tackle. There has to be some other decent veteran d linemen out there in free agency that can fill in for a couple weeks.

VERY interesting!
When is the Tank available to play? i never hear him mentioned
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by calinig4life:
Pay seymour.

With less than $2 million in cap room, what are you smoking?

Cut Nambdi, then sign Seymour.............
Originally posted by kemp_j:
Pay seymour.

Nmandi is a vet. Since he was on the team week 1 his full salary is guaranteed.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Raul98:

After 6 weeks I think.
Originally posted by mayo49:

After 6 weeks I think.

So they basically have to just get through the AZ game with some duck tape & bailing wire. Hopefully tank and dial are activated after that game.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
pwillis52beastyVeteran:

If Richard Seymour cost too much, how about moving Dorsey to end and signing Casey Hamptons fat ass to play nose tackle. There has to be some other decent veteran d linemen out there in free agency that can fill in for a couple weeks.

VERY interesting!
Agreed...can we bring back Lamar Divens (think the team medically I.R.'d him to keep ala L. Okoye?). All we really need is a fatty 2-gap NT who can stand there and plug gaps and move Doresy out to LDE next to Brooks...go lighter with TJE to LDE and Dorsey to NT on passing situations. But we need some damn beef inside badly. These power running teams continue to have their way with us and run at Justin/Aldon/WILL to alleviate the pass rush.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Originally posted by mayo49:

After 6 weeks I think.

So they basically have to just get through the AZ game with some duck tape & bailing wire. Hopefully tank and dial are activated after that game.

Yep.
I think in about 3 weeks our Dline is going to be improved once Carradine gets a rythm and McDonald feels better. Wild card is Smith.
I think it's great that in spite of all the injuries with the defense, they're still performing well!

This bodes well especially towards the end of the season. The backups are getting the needed experience and those that are coming back from injuries will be fresher.

I always said that if you're going to suffer injuries, make it at the beginning of the season ... NOT towards the end when the stakes are higher.

If the reserves can hang in there a bit longer, the 49'ers will be in a GREAT position to make a run for it the second half of the season.

Originally posted by Kauaiguy:
I think it's great that in spite of all the injuries with the defense, they're still performing well!

This bodes well especially towards the end of the season. The backups are getting the needed experience and those that are coming back from injuries will be fresher.

I always said that if you're going to suffer injuries, make it at the beginning of the season ... NOT towards the end when the stakes are higher.

If the reserves can hang in there a bit longer, the 49'ers will be in a GREAT position to make a run for it the second half of the season.

Very optimistic!
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Pay seymour.

Nmandi is a vet. Since he was on the team week 1 his full salary is guaranteed.

I stand corrected.......... Still if Seymour can make a difference I would like to see him added to roster.....

Injuries, money and roster spots are glaring issues this season.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
pwillis52beastyVeteran:

VERY interesting!
Agreed...can we bring back Lamar Divens (think the team medically I.R.'d him to keep ala L. Okoye?). All we really need is a fatty 2-gap NT who can stand there and plug gaps and move Doresy out to LDE next to Brooks...go lighter with TJE to LDE and Dorsey to NT on passing situations. But we need some damn beef inside badly. These power running teams continue to have their way with us and run at Justin/Aldon/WILL to alleviate the pass rush.

Yup Dorsey has been stout against the run, so if you put him at end and then sign a fat run stopper at nose tackle we'd be in good shape for our run defense. The question is if there a solid nose tackle in free agency.

Salary is already fully guaranteed home-slice, does absolutely to give them more cap room. 49ers have roughly $1 million in cap space, Seymour is looking for significantly more than that.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Oct 7, 2013 at 11:47 AM ]
  • boast
  • Hella Fame

Salary is already fully guaranteed home-slice, does absolutely to give them more cap room.

we'll need Nnamdi for depth once the playoffs roll around
Share 49ersWebzone