There are 122 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Our Defensive Line Situation

I hope that McDonald's injury isn't serious, if it is, there will be trouble depending on how long he's out for. 49ers have a series of highly winnable games coming up here against the Cardinals, Titans and Jaguars.....then they have the bye week. That means in 4 weeks, there definitely will be some reinforcements coming, including Manningham, hopefully Carradine, VD and Willis should both be fully healthy, hopefully McDonald will be good to go, they'll have a chance to reload for a 2nd half of the season run.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Add Dixon to that list.

Yeah Dixon is a FA after this year so see him gone, unless possibly if James is gone. He would be #5 with James or #4 without him. He's done a great job as the short yardage back.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I hope that McDonald's injury isn't serious, if it is, there will be trouble depending on how long he's out for. 49ers have a series of highly winnable games coming up here against the Cardinals, Titans and Jaguars.....then they have the bye week. That means in 4 weeks, there definitely will be some reinforcements coming, including Manningham, hopefully Carradine, VD and Willis should both be fully healthy, hopefully McDonald will be good to go, they'll have a chance to reload for a 2nd half of the season run.

The McDonald injury didn't look good when you just pull up and grab the arm like he did It would seem he felt something pop.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Seem like it's hold on mode right now and beat the Cards, Titans and Jaguars with what we have. Even week 10 against the Panthers we might be ok without some of those guys. However week 11 at Saints we are going to need those guys. We hopefully will be healthy by then for the home stretch. Manningham, Willis, maybe Aldon, maybe Crabtree, maybe Carradine or Dial. Plus hope VD and McDonald are good to go at 100 percent. If we hold on and going into week 11 or 6-3 or 7-2 and guys are healthy we could make a serious run to the playoffs and then in the playoffs because we should be heating up when it matters most. I do think it will take Manningham and Crabtree a few games to get into game shape and back in the swing of things... maybe even 3-4.

P.S. Didn't see McDonald's injury but knowing our luck it's a torn biceps and he's out for the year.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Oct 6, 2013 at 8:40 PM ]
Lmj james isn't bringing a quality d lineman back in return...what yall smoking
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Add Dixon to that list.

Yeah Dixon is a FA after this year so see him gone, unless possibly if James is gone. He would be #5 with James or #4 without him. He's done a great job as the short yardage back.

I think Dixon comes back. We could offer a cheeseburger and a mix tape and he would say yes.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Lmj james isn't bringing a quality d lineman back in return...what yall smoking

James aint bring quality nothing so why aint he gone like AJ ????
eiei oh
Pay seymour.
Originally posted by calinig4life:
Pay seymour.

With less than $2 million in cap room, what are you smoking?
I'm thinking we will know more in the next few days. If McDonald is out for the season we will make a move for for a FA or trade for a player. If he isn't out long at all then we might just bring in someone like Tukuafu for a few weeks until McDonald is back. My guess though is it's either torn biceps and out for the season or nothing at all and he might be ready to go by next Sunday or the week after. Probably no in between.

As for James value not a 2nd anymore, probably mid round which I wouldn't do. I would agree thought probably doesn't bring in a proven young WR or DL and I meant that we could use him as part of a trade plus a mid-late round pick or whatever on top of it.

That being said I think the most likely situation to happen though is we don't trade for a WR and we ride out the storm until Manningham and Crab tree are back. We sign a DL if McDonald is out... James doesn't get traded.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Oct 6, 2013 at 9:13 PM ]
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN10m
#49ers DL Ray McDonald (right biceps) said he believes he'll be fine, but more will be known after MRI tomorrow.

Hopefully Ray is right and he can play next week, we need Tank and or Dial to comeback and provide some depth. Would love to have Seymour but I doubt he comes here for peanuts.
Seymour could join the long list of 49er DL pickups, Dwain Board, Lawrence Pillars, Big Hands Johnson, Jim Burt, Fred Dean, and others.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Purcell/Okoye from PS
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
Send Tank and Dial to Germany to get the Kobe System...

Seriously, stem cells anyone?