LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 230 users in the forums

Our Defensive Line Situation

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Holy SNAP!! Ray Mac di tear his bicep muscle! POOP!!! "Also, defensive end Ray McDonald is playing through a partially torn right biceps tendon."
RayMac being injured is actually very big. This is where Tank and Dial will come in hopefully. Some fresh bodies, hopefully recovered, who can take on some snaps.
I'm really hoping Dial can be a similar type player to Red Bryant.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

That'd be awesome. Similar body type now that Dial has reportedly gained ~40 lbs lol.

The way Seattle uses Bryant is unique. They play him at strong side end in a 4-man front. Strange for a man that big.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
That'd be awesome. Similar body type now that Dial has reportedly gained ~40 lbs lol.

The way Seattle uses Bryant is unique. They play him at strong side end in a 4-man front. Strange for a man that big.

Yea they use him really aggressively too. They want him to burst off the snap and crash his gap. It's a gamble but leads to massive TFL's. He may not do that all the time but it's sometime I've notived.
[ Edited by eonblue on Oct 14, 2013 at 9:16 PM ]
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

That is strange. I always envisioned Bryant as 3-4 end or 4-3 tackle when he came out, similar to what I thought about Dial. Now that Dial has gotten up to 340-350, coupled with his height, I am very intriuged at the thought of him as a NT.
These injuries suck but there is no one better at coaching DL than Jimmy T
Share 49ersWebzone