There are 153 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Our Defensive Line Situation

  • buck
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 9,747
I hope that Glen Dorsey recovers quickly.

Nose tackle in the 3-4 is one of the most brutal jobs in football.

It would be nice for Dial to have the chance to work his way into the position.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Sucks to lose Ian the way we lost him

Yes it does. I find it funny how Anthony Davis was flagged for that very same play yesterday and there wasn't even a peep about it when Seattle did it to Williams.
Originally posted by buck:
I hope that Glen Dorsey recovers quickly.

Nose tackle in the 3-4 is one of the most brutal jobs in football.

It would be nice for Dial to have the chance to work his way into the position.

Especially since Dorsey was playing so well. Another great free agent signing by Baalke. We may even have a Mike Purcell or Lamar Divens sighting if Dorsey can't play next week.
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Sucks to lose Ian the way we lost him

Yes it does. I find it funny how Anthony Davis was flagged for that very same play yesterday and there wasn't even a peep about it when Seattle did it to Williams.


I believe that was because he was also engaged up high in another block. You can't go low if you are already being blocked.
We definitely need Dorsey back. But we also need to get something from Dial and Carradine. Drafting those two with injuries and keeping them on the roster has hindered our depth. I love that we have them, but now it's starting to bite us in the ass. And even when one or both come back, will they really help at NT? They're more DE/DTs. We just need a 6-3 340lb run stuffer.
Originally posted by DrGonzo00:
We definitely need Dorsey back. But we also need to get something from Dial and Carradine. Drafting those two with injuries and keeping them on the roster has hindered our depth. I love that we have them, but now it's starting to bite us in the ass. And even when one or both come back, will they really help at NT? They're more DE/DTs. We just need a 6-3 340lb run stuffer.

Isnt Dial supposed to be a NT?
Originally posted by deepniner:
Isnt Dial supposed to be a NT?

Yes
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Sucks to lose Ian the way we lost him

Yes it does. I find it funny how Anthony Davis was flagged for that very same play yesterday and there wasn't even a peep about it when Seattle did it to Williams.

i kno!!!!! wtf
I think we envision him as one, for our defense, but he's not a traditional run stuffing NT. I think he may been too tall and upright. 6-4 320?
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Sucks to lose Ian the way we lost him

Yes it does. I find it funny how Anthony Davis was flagged for that very same play yesterday and there wasn't even a peep about it when Seattle did it to Williams.

i kno!!!!! wtf
really hope dial starts getting playing time the next couple weeks...2012 draft lookin pretty good so far...would b one of the best ever if tank,dial and patton can get some work
Dial was a lower round pick, so he could possibly not even make the team when he get's healthy!

We need a NT with some league experience if GD is going to be out for a while.
@GlennDorsey72: Great morning!

I hope that means what I think it means.
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
@GlennDorsey72: Great morning!

I hope that means what I think it means.

Hopefully good news.
Originally posted by ronin1387:
really hope dial starts getting playing time the next couple weeks...2012 draft lookin pretty good so far...would b one of the best ever if tank,dial and patton can get some work

2013 great The 2012 is looking terrible.