There are 55 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

How many catches will Jon Baldwin have today?

How many catches will Jon Baldwin have today?

2 TDs, 0 catches
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
I can play this game!

0 catches, 4 drops, 3 TDs.

1 rushing TD, 2 passing TDs.
is he starting today?
3 rec, 27yds
7 catches 117 yards 2 tds.
Originally posted by nc49erfan:
is he starting today?

Yes
Told folks not to get excited bout 2 catches last week
Not like Kaep was threading dimes or anything...
  • Nuns
  • Veteran
Made a nice grab in tight coverage down the sideline, just one foot out. I'd like to see more targets.
Yea. That was a very nice catch not easy Iwas excited to. See him do that Ithink he deserves more targets
Baldwin clearly deserves more opportunities, but it doesn't seem like he -- or any other receivers outside of Boldin and Vernon -- are going to get them unless we're absolutely forced to throw from here on out.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Baldwin clearly deserves more opportunities, but it doesn't seem like he -- or any other receivers outside of Boldin and Vernon -- are going to get them unless we're absolutely forced to throw from here on out.

Totally. 6 freaking completions TOTAL last night. Wow. How does a team score 34 points with 6 completions for an entire GAME...not series, GAME. Wow. Aside from the wheel route and reverse, saw nothing but vanilla out there for the WR's/TE's. Heck, did McDonald even play? Run a route? Good thing we didn't need them! That was a great catch by Baldwin and even better play by the CB to push him OB before he could get his 2nd foot down.
Originally posted by NCommand:

Totally. 6 freaking completions TOTAL last night. Wow. How does a team score 34 points with 6 completions for an entire GAME...not series, GAME. Wow. Aside from the wheel route and reverse, saw nothing but vanilla out there for the WR's/TE's. Heck, did McDonald even play? Run a route? Good thing we didn't need them! That was a great catch by Baldwin and even better play by the CB to push him OB before he could get his 2nd foot down.

I honestly can't remember the last time we saw a Niner QB have a stat line like that. Maybe Cody Pickett?

In the end I just want to win, but I look forward to hopefully seeing Baldwin make plays when we get the chance (or rather, are forced) to throw it a lot more.
Originally posted by NCommand:

I honestly can't remember the last time we saw a Niner QB have a stat line like that. Maybe Cody Pickett?

In the end I just want to win, but I look forward to hopefully seeing Baldwin make plays when we get the chance (or rather, are forced) to throw it a lot more.

...certainly don't want to take anything away from a great TEAM win (and a critical one, at that) but I am still VERY concerned about our play calling and piss poor execution on 1st downs. We CONTINUE to be in 2nd and 12 or 2nd and 10 or even 2nd and 15+ almost every single time. This team just can't seem to get at least 4+ yards on 1st down to set themselves up for a pass OR run on 2nd down and manageable 3rd downs to keep the chains going and eat up the clock and cap these drives off with points. We have got to find a way to bleed teams to death again and it starts with first down production.
[ Edited by NCommand on Oct 7, 2013 at 8:35 AM ]
Baldwin can and will do well when he gets some targets. We just need to keep winning until the bye week. When we get back from the bye we will get folk back and be a much better team as well
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home