There are 121 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Who do you/would you feel most comfortable with as our backup QB (no.2)?

Who do you/would you feel most comfortable with as our backup QB (no.2)?

Nate Montana
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Nate Montana

hes not good enough to be the holder on special teams, i dont care that his dad is joe
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 24,051
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
The Niners like to throw downfield, McCoy has not shown the arm. Skelton can throw downfield and has played behind one of the worst offensive lines in football. I keep remembering when he beat us with some deep passes. Harbaugh will coach him up.


Yeah, our OL will make Skelton look like the latest greatest. Harbaugh will do wonders with Skelton's mechanics.
Reality hits quickly in the NFL, Thursday night two starting quarterbacks went down, Manuel for the Bills and Hoyer for the Browns. Good teams must have a capable replacement with experience.
  • buck
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 13,023
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Reality hits quickly in the NFL, Thursday night two starting quarterbacks went down, Manuel for the Bills and Hoyer for the Browns. Good teams must have a capable replacement with experience.

That game was scary.

Weeden, who had been benched and looked to be on his way out of the NFL, came in played decently. He had a passer rating of 95.3.
He went 13 of 24 for 197 and 1 touchdown. .

Jeff Tuel had a preseason passer rating of 106.6. Last night, he finished the game with a passer rating of 31.2.
He went 8 of 20 for 80 yards, and 1 score—a pick six.
As of right now, McCoy, due to the fact he has a better grasp on the offense and the language used to run it....

Skelton would be the equivalent of a 13 year old learning how to drive a ferrari with a stick shift
Originally posted by buck:
That game was scary.

Weeden, who had been benched and looked to be on his way out of the NFL, came in played decently. He had a passer rating of 95.3.
He went 13 of 24 for 197 and 1 touchdown. .

Jeff Tuel had a preseason passer rating of 106.6. Last night, he finished the game with a passer rating of 31.2.
He went 8 of 20 for 80 yards, and 1 score—a pick six.
Yeah, who's the third string qb is a legitimate micro issue. I hope staff is spending 50x the effort to figure out how we are going to integrate Kap into a reasonable facsimile of a pro set offense now that NFL defenses have shown they can blow up the read option. Note: Kap has spent the last 6 years running the offensive strategy we are no in the process of de-emphasizing. So yeah, his confidence is takeing a bit of a beating. But he'll adjust. Won't be on a dime -- I give it 6 weeks. If we can go 3-3 I'll be happy. We'll need the D to step up, help out the team.
  • buck
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 13,023
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Originally posted by buck:
That game was scary.

Weeden, who had been benched and looked to be on his way out of the NFL, came in played decently. He had a passer rating of 95.3.
He went 13 of 24 for 197 and 1 touchdown. .

Jeff Tuel had a preseason passer rating of 106.6. Last night, he finished the game with a passer rating of 31.2.
He went 8 of 20 for 80 yards, and 1 score—a pick six.
Yeah, who's the third string qb is a legitimate micro issue. I hope staff is spending 50x the effort to figure out how we are going to integrate Kap into a reasonable facsimile of a pro set offense now that NFL defenses have shown they can blow up the read option. Note: Kap has spent the last 6 years running the offensive strategy we are no in the process of de-emphasizing. So yeah, his confidence is takeing a bit of a beating. But he'll adjust. Won't be on a dime -- I give it 6 weeks. If we can go 3-3 I'll be happy. We'll need the D to step up, help out the team.

Seeing two quarterbacks go down in the same game was scary. Back up quarterbacks are a micro issue until they are playing in games.

I am sure the staff has stopped thinking about the game this Sunday and are putting all their attention into getting Skelton and McCoy ready for the rest of the season.
Honestly, I am a little uncomfortable that there is enough bandwidth to think about whether Skelton would be better for us than Daniels if Colt McCoy was injured. Or maybe the #2, and get rid of McCoy because then Daniels is a better prospect....If I was staff I would be popping amphetamines redesigning our core offense and trying to get a practice walkthrough agenda ironed out while prepping for Houston. That's a lot of key key work to do right there, plus the practice evals and meetings to discuss the practice evals and so on.

Not a lot of time left over to be thinking about whether we should be drinking orange Gatorade or blue Gatorade. Or maybe just water.
[ Edited by brodiebluebanaszak on Oct 4, 2013 at 9:10 AM ]
  • buck
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 13,023
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Honestly, I am a little uncomfortable that there is enough bandwidth to think about whether Skelton would be better for us than Daniels if Colt McCoy was injured. Or maybe the #2, and get rid of McCoy because then Daniels is a better prospect....If I was staff I would be popping amphetamines redesigning our core offense and trying to get a practice walkthrough agenda ironed out while prepping for Houston. That's a lot of key key work to do right there, plus the practice evals and meetings to discuss the practice evals and so on.

Not a lot of time left over to be thinking about whether we should be drinking orange Gatorade or blue Gatorade. Or maybe just water.

Are you criticizing the coaching staff or posters in niner talk for being so worried about Daniels?

I cannot tell where the sarcasm is directed, sorry.
[ Edited by buck on Oct 4, 2013 at 9:20 AM ]
Originally posted by buck:
Are you criticizing the coaching staff or posters in niner talk for being so worried about Daniels?

I cannot tell where the sarcasm is directed, sorry.


I am not criticizing the coaching staff if they are spending 50x more brainpower integrating Kap into a new game plan than they are trying to marginally improve our 3rd string qb situation.

I haven't seen Skelton play. So I am not sure they did that either. I did see Daniels play, and I kind of liked what I saw.
  • buck
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 13,023
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
I am not criticizing the coaching staff if they are spending 50x more brainpower integrating Kap into a new game plan than they are trying to marginally improve our 3rd string qb situation.

I haven't seen Skelton play. So I am not sure they did that either. I did see Daniels play, and I kind of liked what I saw.

Thanks for clearing up my confusion.

I have to think they are spending at least 50x more brain power integrating Kaepernick into the game plan for Sunday's game.

Bet you dime to dollar that the team has seen Skelton's film.
Originally posted by buck:
Thanks for clearing up my confusion.

I have to think they are spending at least 50x more brain power integrating Kaepernick into the game plan for Sunday's game.

Bet you dime to dollar that the team has seen Skelton's film.

49ers were responsible for his worst game ever and possibly his best game ever....all in the same season.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Originally posted by buck:
Are you criticizing the coaching staff or posters in niner talk for being so worried about Daniels?

I cannot tell where the sarcasm is directed, sorry.


I am not criticizing the coaching staff if they are spending 50x more brainpower integrating Kap into a new game plan than they are trying to marginally improve our 3rd string qb situation.

I haven't seen Skelton play. So I am not sure they did that either. I did see Daniels play, and I kind of liked what I saw.

You really haven't seen Skelton play? When did you start watching the Niners?
  • buck
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 13,023
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Originally posted by buck:
Are you criticizing the coaching staff or posters in niner talk for being so worried about Daniels?

I cannot tell where the sarcasm is directed, sorry.


I am not criticizing the coaching staff if they are spending 50x more brainpower integrating Kap into a new game plan than they are trying to marginally improve our 3rd string qb situation.

I haven't seen Skelton play. So I am not sure they did that either. I did see Daniels play, and I kind of liked what I saw.

You really haven't seen Skelton play? When did you start watching the Niners?



Good point.

He did play against us in one game last year.