There are 121 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Can someone explain this to me??

Boy am I stoked for the way Brock stood out last night. Not b/c of the big plays he made but HOW he made them. I've been talking about how poor (coaching) our technique has been at the CB position for a while now (e.g. letting receivers get behind them and THEN throw their arms up once the receiver's body language suggests the ball is arriving, not getting their head turned around, playing WAY off esp. on 3rd and shorts, not keeping the WR in front of them and an eye on the QB, etc.). You could REALLY see the difference between Brown (lucky as hell) and Brock last night. Brock was physical, stayed in his hip pocket, kept the WR in front of him WHILE keeping an eye on the QB and equally important, came off his route to undercut another (pick-6). I have not seen this since Rogers in his contract year!

And it's a good thing b/c Cooper played great again for the Chiefs yesterday and had a critical INT late in the 4Q to lead to 3 points that helped wrap up the game for the 5-0 Chiefs!
[ Edited by NCommand on Oct 7, 2013 at 7:43 AM ]
Good call NCommand!

He looked like an All Pro last night - actually the last 2 games.
  • buck
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 10,504
Maybe, my rose colored glasses are hurting my vision, but I am going to go our a limb.

Signing and keeping Michael Wilhoite looks like a genius roster move.

It is permissible to point out something positive every now and then, isn't it.
  • buck
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 10,504
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Good call NCommand!

He looked like an All Pro last night - actually the last 2 games.

Originally posted by buck:
Maybe, my rose colored glasses are hurting my vision, but I am going to go our a limb.

Signing and keeping Michael Wilhoite looks like a genius roster move.

It is permissible to point out something positive every now and then, isn't it.

Yes, thought Michael played pretty well last night and I have little doubt he'll get better and better playing next to Bowman.
Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Good call NCommand!

He looked like an All Pro last night - actually the last 2 games.


Very encouraging! Love the "way" he played...so nice not seeing WR's tower and jump over our CB's (talking to you Brown...so lucky Johnson dropped that pass in the EZ). Seriously guys...it seems like it's been SO long since I've seen a defended deep pass down the sideline where it didn't end in a reception or a P.I. Hell, we even got an OFFENSIVE P.I. Wow!
Originally posted by NCommand:
Boy am I stoked for the way Brock stood out last night. Not b/c of the big plays he made but HOW he made them. I've been talking about how poor (coaching) our technique has been at the CB position for a while now (e.g. letting receivers get behind them and THEN throw their arms up once the receiver's body language suggests the ball is arriving, not getting their head turned around, playing WAY off esp. on 3rd and shorts, not keeping the WR in front of them and an eye on the QB, etc.). You could REALLY see the difference between Brown (lucky as hell) and Brock last night. Brock was physical, stayed in his hip pocket, kept the WR in front of him WHILE keeping an eye on the QB and equally important, came off his route to undercut another (pick-6). I have not seen this since Rogers in his contract year!

And it's a good thing b/c Cooper played great again for the Chiefs yesterday and had a critical INT late in the 4Q to lead to 3 points that helped wrap up the game for the 5-0 Chiefs!

Still want to cut Brock?
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Still want to cut Brock?

Cut Brock? I don't believe I ever proposed that per my 53 (plus we signed him this off season for ST and backup role @ 1.3M so no way we would cut him):

CB (6): Tarell Brown, Carlos Rogers, Nnamdi Asomugha, Perrish Cox, Tramaine Brock and Marcus Cooper

Read more at http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/173235-guess-the-53/page46/#9kgBp38T1JiPzCMd.99
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Still want to cut Brock?

Cut Brock? I don't believe I ever proposed that per my 53 (plus we signed him this off season for ST and backup role @ 1.3M so no way we would cut him):

CB (6): Tarell Brown, Carlos Rogers, Nnamdi Asomugha, Perrish Cox, Tramaine Brock and Marcus Cooper

Read more at http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/173235-guess-the-53/page46/#9kgBp38T1JiPzCMd.99
Your response to people questioning you leaving Brock out on your first 53 man.

Brock cut? - This is one I need more time to think about but I've been paying attention to Baalke and his obvious push for bigger, taller, stronger, faster, CB's who can play physical and in press (Cooper). Brock is an excellent ST. He's not a bad DB either. We signed him early for insurance to a LT deal. One option would be to keep both and push someone else off the roster. We probably should keep 6 CB's but then again, I have us carrying 5 S's and C.J. Spillman and Trenton Robinson may be able to play multiple positions.
Read more at http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/173235-guess-the-53/page5/#AsKT3ke9AUU0KZTB.99
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Still want to cut Brock?

Cut Brock? I don't believe I ever proposed that per my 53 (plus we signed him this off season for ST and backup role @ 1.3M so no way we would cut him):

CB (6): Tarell Brown, Carlos Rogers, Nnamdi Asomugha, Perrish Cox, Tramaine Brock and Marcus Cooper

Read more at http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/173235-guess-the-53/page46/#9kgBp38T1JiPzCMd.99
Your response to people questioning you leaving Brock out on your first 53 man.

Brock cut? - This is one I need more time to think about but I've been paying attention to Baalke and his obvious push for bigger, taller, stronger, faster, CB's who can play physical and in press (Cooper). Brock is an excellent ST. He's not a bad DB either. We signed him early for insurance to a LT deal. One option would be to keep both and push someone else off the roster. We probably should keep 6 CB's but then again, I have us carrying 5 S's and C.J. Spillman and Trenton Robinson may be able to play multiple positions.
Read more at http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/173235-guess-the-53/page5/#AsKT3ke9AUU0KZTB.99

LOL...you keep commenting on my very FIRST DRAFT of the 53 and your initial response to that first draft...focus on my final 53. Even then, I wasn't off on my initial response of saying I needed more time to think about what Baalke would most likey do. In the end I'd still take my 53 over Baalke's final 53 b/c I had all the CB's I wanted (including Cooper - playing terrific for KC) plus Morris proved to a keeper on ST (later elevated) and then Nnamdi went down. We could have kept everyone w/o sacrificing other positions.
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 17m Browns-49ers have discussed trade for WR Josh Gordon. Deal unlikely with Mario Manningham coming off PUP, Crabtree slated to return in Nov.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Very encouraging! Love the "way" he played...so nice not seeing WR's tower and jump over our CB's (talking to you Brown...so lucky Johnson dropped that pass in the EZ). Seriously guys...it seems like it's been SO long since I've seen a defended deep pass down the sideline where it didn't end in a reception or a P.I. Hell, we even got an OFFENSIVE P.I. Wow!
You cannot defend EVERYthing and Andre Johnson is not a nobody.
Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Very encouraging! Love the "way" he played...so nice not seeing WR's tower and jump over our CB's (talking to you Brown...so lucky Johnson dropped that pass in the EZ). Seriously guys...it seems like it's been SO long since I've seen a defended deep pass down the sideline where it didn't end in a reception or a P.I. Hell, we even got an OFFENSIVE P.I. Wow!
You cannot defend EVERYthing and Andre Johnson is not a nobody.

Agreed. Was just noting how different Brock was playing Johnson compared to Brown. In fact, they ended up moving Johnson excusively over to Brown's side eventually...who skied over Brown for multiple catches and then dropped that TD in the EZ on Brown. If we played the Texans again, I'm fairly certain they'd match Johnson up on Brown the entire day. LOL