LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 237 users in the forums

Can someone explain this to me??

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by buck:
Alternatively, two guys named Baalke and Harbaugh, who happen to know Daniels better than we do, did not care if the SeaHawks picked up Daniels up.

I am sure there is a joke in there somewhere, but I am not sure on who!!!!

Who cares ?! Either you agree or you don't with the move. Is as simple as that !!

Good job Trent & Jim !! Love you guys, man !!

If your posts about Daniels are any indication, you care.

I really do not think losing Daniels was all that serious.
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Originally posted by Ballistic:
B.J. Daniels claimed off 49ers waivers by the Seattle Seahawks, according to a league source.

lol
I knew this would happen.

Who didn't ?

May be just about the whole world other than two guys named Baalke and Harbaugh perhaps ?

What a joke !!

What's a joke is your insistence on justifying your own shortsighted opinion against two football men with 50+ years of actual NFL experience (playing + coaching + scouting).
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by redrathman:
What's a joke is your insistence on justifying your own shortsighted opinion against two football men with 50+ years of actual NFL experience (playing + coaching + scouting).

• Rascal
  • Veteran
If your posts about Daniels are any indication, you care.

I really do not think losing Daniels was all that serious.

I do ? Not anymore. Is all a complete joke apparently.

In fact, Harbaugh should start Skelton and I will go in big time to bet for a loss so I can get that new Lambo that I've always wanted.
Who didn't ?

May be just about the whole world other than two guys named Baalke and Harbaugh perhaps ?

What a joke !!

Alternatively, two guys named Baalke and Harbaugh, who happen to know Daniels better than we do, did not care if the SeaHawks picked up Daniels up.

I am sure there is a joke in there somewhere, but I am not sure on who!!!!

We also have his college coach on our staff.... and Carroll already expressed his interest in BJ before the move, its a safe assumption that the front office and coaches knew full well what they were doing.

Ill say it again, the hawks just burned a roster spot on a guy who cant even give them much information till December. He was a rookie, how much of the playbook could he realistically have learned in the few months he was even looked at as a QB, lets remember he also filled in as RB and KR too. My guess is they will pump him for information and then after the next injury or two he will get released for depth at another position.

Rascal,

I recently read your forum post on 49erswebzone.com and would love to bring you on board despite your lack of professional scouting credentials and work history within high level organized football.

Regards,

Jed York
Who cares ?! Either you agree or you don't with the move. Is as simple as that !!

So exactly what significant strategic advantage do we give up to Seattle because of this move?
Originally posted by maltz88:
I personally think the minor roster transactions get waaay to much reaction from fan bases.

I am a hawks fan, but I go through the same thing every year as well. We watch these guys in the preseason, and read what's written about them through training camp, learn a little about their background, and to the fan base they become these indespensible parts of our team. When they get cut after camp, or released as part of a roster transaction, we're crushed and question the sanity of the front office.

I always have to remind myself that the front office can't be as emotional about these things as we are as fans, and they know 100000 times more about football and these players specifically than we ever will. All you can do is look at your teams track record with building a roster, the transactions they've made, and hope they know what they're doing.

The bottom line is 9 times out of 10 these types of transactions never amount to anything at all. I remember losing my mind about the 49ers signing Ricardo Lockette from Seattles PS. I was positive this guy would come back to bite us in the arse every game we faced SF. Then kept hearing about the bond he developed with CK, and how highly Harbaugh thinks of him, and my fears were about to be realized. SF goes through a rash of injuries and the guy still can't even get on the field. I also remember thinking years ago that Seattle was INSANE for trading Darrel Jackson to an inter division team. Again......nothing.

Michael Robinson is about one of the only exceptions I can think of to this. He helped Seattle a ton for a quite a while, but again this is the exception, not the rule.

The other thing that I think gets overblown a ton, is the idea that teams sign other teams castoffs for inside information. I've heard coaches comment on this in the past, that any information they may get is negligable, and isn't really any more than they pick up through film study anyway. The exception I've heard coaches say (Mike Holmgren specifically) may be for a QB that has a lot of experience in a system. So even a rookie QB wouldn't be able to offer too much.

If it were such a huge advantage, teams would just make a practice of keeping one roster spot open and sign a player off their opponents practice squad every week for insider information.

This post should be a banner on this website.

Edit: and it comes from a Seahawks fan who could've (probably should've) trolled this thread.
[ Edited by trellblaze on Oct 3, 2013 at 9:36 AM ]
Obviously Seattle saw something in Daniels. They were astute enough to choose Wilson while many others passed. And Skelton has failed at numerouss venues. It's a puzzling move to say the least. Plus we picked up Marecic only to release him days later. Harbaugh and Baalke are not omnicient and have made questionable decisions before, so it's reasonable to question this one. The poster has every right to ask the question and doesn't deserve the sarcasm directed at him by some. After all, this is a forum isn't it?
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
Obviously Seattle saw something in Daniels. They were astute enough to choose Wilson while many others passed. And Skelton has failed at numerouss venues. It's a puzzling move to say the least. Plus we picked up Marecic only to release him days later. Harbaugh and Baalke are not omnicient and have made questionable decisions before, so it's reasonable to question this one. The poster has every right to ask the question and doesn't deserve the sarcasm directed at him by some. After all, this is a forum isn't it?

I don't think it's his questioning of the choice that has people confused. It probably has more to do with his reaction of hopelessness in regards to a team that has been to a conference championship and a super bowl in back to back seasons.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by trellblaze:

So exactly what significant strategic advantage do we give up to Seattle because of this move?
a third string quarterback who played well against fellow scrubs is a game changer in the rivalry between the hawks and niners? that is pretty much a ten on the over reaction richter scale. i ought to know because i invented the damn thing. this is such a non story it is pathetic. I love the posters who say"it is unacceptable " that we cut bj and let him go to seattle". to me , it was unacceptable the way we played against seattle and mainly the colts. now that is unacceptable but we are past that now and are on the uphill climb. cutting a third string qb who did not fit into our system we are now going to be running(hopefully) is a complete non story. wonder who the new favored son will be now on the team? could it be with the removal of scotty and bj, we actually do not have a golden child who is vastly over rated by the zone
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by redrathman:

Rascal,

I recently read your forum post on 49erswebzone.com and would love to bring you on board despite your lack of professional scouting credentials and work history within high level organized football.

Regards,

Jed York

Dear Jed,

Many thanks for your offer. I would like to take the opportunity to say I am impressed with your open-minded approach to football. A parallel springs to mind, Bill Gates never even graduated from Havard and just look at what he has achieved. Likewise, I might not have any scouting experience in my resume, I am more than confident I will be able to perform an outstanding job to dissect and remedy your current talent evaluation issues.

Perhaps you can private message me whereby we can iron out the contract details.

Kind regards,

Rascal
Originally posted by cciowa:
a third string quarterback who played well against fellow scrubs is a game changer in the rivalry between the hawks and niners? that is pretty much a ten on the over reaction richter scale. i ought to know because i invented the damn thing. this is such a non story it is pathetic. I love the posters who say"it is unacceptable " that we cut bj and let him go to seattle". to me , it was unacceptable the way we played against seattle and mainly the colts. now that is unacceptable but we are past that now and are on the uphill climb. cutting a third string qb who did not fit into our system we are now going to be running(hopefully) is a complete non story. wonder who the new favored son will be now on the team? could it be with the removal of scotty and bj, we actually do not have a golden child who is vastly over rated by the zone

There's still Quinton Patton.

I think you will find that the sarcasm has flowed in both directions.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran

Great post, 4evrfan !!
Share 49ersWebzone