There are 206 users in the forums

Can someone explain this to me??

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
He really didn't need to do much. The runs were stuffed at the line and Most passe were short because the pass rush was there quick. Nice rest game for him.

Maybe. I hope so. He wasn't to the ball like his first two games.

For some reason the Rams went Whitners way early and often, and the front 7 were killing the run game so we needed no safety help.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by buck:
No, I can't explain it.

All are very questionable.

I think just go with your common sense, we have all been watching football long enough to know what are good moves and what are bad moves, if you don't agree with it, don't, I don't think we need to question ourselves.

I detest every single one of those moves especially now with BJ claimed by our best friends Seattle Seahawks as I had predicted.

Let's just keep this real - this is simply total BS !!

If all of us have been watching football long enough to know what are good moves and what are bad moves, why does there seem to be so much disagreement about these moves?

First of all, I was replying to a specific post, the poster clearly is not happy with the moves. He is not the only one, I am not happy with the moves, many are not happy with the moves.

If you love the moves, go ahead, noone is stopping you. Is a free world, mate !!

Who said that I loved the moves?

Daniels has not played one snap in a regular season game. He played well in the preseason games.
But, we do know that there is a world of difference between regular season games and preseason games.

Hawkins has been in the league for five years. He production has been decent, not great. He has some ability.
He has not played a snap this year. I am willing to wait to see how he plays in San Diego before deciding the move was a mistake.

I am pretty sure that I am not only one.... ..
hawkins had a bad f**kin attitude. bonehead penalties got him cut, not his lack of ability
The team took a gamble and lost, im bummed like everyone else about losing BJ especially to them Seaturds and yes i agree he has a lot of upside but right now we're are all looking at preseason tapes on BJ, Good QB with a good upside comes and go in this league. You can even use Josh Johnson as an example of a good QB with a high upside but he was bounced around. We wont see BJ play unless of course Wilson and TJax goes down..... As for Skelton, who knows what he can do with Harbaugh teaching him how to play the QB position, He has the Arm and built to be a good pocket passer so maybe with Harb he'll be a better qb. Until i see BJ play a regular season game I'll save my judgement on this one.
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
For some reason the Rams went Whitners way early and often, and the front 7 were killing the run game so we needed no safety help.

Actually they went Tarrel Brown's way early and often - and had a lot of success. For the most part, Brown tightened up later in the game but still gave up 2 pass interferences by completely losing track of the ball while cutting the receiver off.

Whitner turned a sure interception into a first down when he dropped a pass that hit him in the hands but that was a freak play that wouldn't have happened 9 times out of 10.

I didn't see that Whitner was thrown at a whole lot in that game.
If BJD went to the Browns/Jags this would be a non-story...

The reaction to the initial release seemed to be mild (by WZ standards). Then reports broke that the Seahawks picked him up and it was ON!! lol
A guy I work with is a Titans fan and he was looking at one of the Titans forums and said "Fans aren't satisfied unless they have something to b***h about". I instantly thought of the zone when he said this.
This thread hit potato pages ago.... just let it die.
Didn't there used to be an NFL saying....something like "The most popular guy on the team is the backup QB..." I don't know if that's exactly how it goes but I've heard many former players and TV announcers say it.

In the 49ers case it's the 3rd QB...

• xcfan
  • Veteran
the fact that baalke likes skelton over bj tells me baalke isn't as sharp as all the hero-worshipers think. as an overall football player (locker room & field), skelton is a loser and close to garbage. bj has solid potential and has shown early flashes which instills trust in his future development as a #2 (maybe even a #1 down the road). skelton as a #2 is a complete misread; if he had to start 5 games, he might win one--that's garbage.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Gray, Cooper, Haralson, risked Morris, now lost Daniels...it's a fair question no matter how much you "trust the FO." And those moves are fine if we have epic players in front of them that force our hand. But Ventrone, Harper and Owen M. and others? I think it's a fair question esp. after the 2012 draft.

Is more than a fair question. I would like to add to your list Cam Johnson, Lavelle Hawkins, Colt McCoy and of course now John Skelton.

The only recent move that I liked was when Baalke owned up to his mistakes and traded AJ Jenkins away for Jon Baldwin, but that's it.

When you add that to the 2012 draft choices plus our desperate need for legit WRs when nothing is done about it, it is just too much.

I am sorry, as much as I love my 49ers, I can't just sit here and recite the company line time after time like a parrot "in Baalke and Harbaugh we trust" anymore. Just can't do it with good conscience or even common sense.

Losing BJ and of anyone to the Seahawks was my last straw.

This is simply unacceptable !!
Is more than a fair question. I would like to add to your list Cam Johnson, Lavelle Hawkins, Colt McCoy and of course now John Skelton.

The only recent move that I liked was when Baalke owned up to his mistakes and traded AJ Jenkins away for Jon Baldwin, but that's it.

When you add that to the 2012 draft choices plus our desperate need for legit WRs when nothing is done about it, it is just too much.

I am sorry, as much as I love my 49ers, I can't just sit here and recite the company line time after time like a parrot "in Baalke and Harbaugh we trust" anymore. Just can't do it with good conscience or even common sense.

So.... are you giving up being a fan? I don't understand what you think your recourse is here.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews

The fact that they both had to pass on him for SEA to get him speaks volumes.
Originally posted by sspiker:

So.... are you giving up being a fan? I don't understand what you think your recourse is here.

Just Rascal being Rascal.
Share 49ersWebzone