LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 214 users in the forums

Can someone explain this to me??

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by iluvdemniners:
the weakhawks can have all of our garbage all day and all night.

He didn't look like garbage to me. He looked like mini Wilson.
  • titan
  • Veteran
BJ Daniels was being paid by Carroll to sabotage the team and get info. We should be good to go now!
Originally posted by Izyniner:
I think the love for cooper is alittle over the top everyone is saying how he shut down Nicks but he has only had 33yds the last two games mainly cause there oline is terrible. with that line half webzone couldve shut him down.

I guess the point is he is out on the field playing. A udfa. Good for him. I haven't seen any film.
Originally posted by Ninerman49:
Why does this organization continue to make questionable roster decisions... it seems everyone that is half way decent we are cutting or getting rid of..

Cam Johnson 7th round pick, physical specimen finally shows the upside we took the risk on with the 7th rounder.. wins a game ball... we trade him for another 7th... useless trade...

Lavelle Hawkins.... not a great player, but played well for us in the preseason... we reward him with a cut..

Bj. daniels... for a rookie looked REALLY good.... we cut him for skelton???

I don't know whats going on here, but it seems to me we are not allowed to have decent backups on this team...

How much have those 3 contributed to a NFL team since we cut them?
Originally posted by NCommand:
No offense but if CK goes down, I'm fairly certain most in here would feel more comfortable with BJ Daniels who seems to fit our current system better (and who's been in it this entire time) vs. a known-product in Skelton who knows nothing about our offense and who seems counter to the type of offense we do run here.
Your point here seems to be based on the assumption that the offense that the 49ers are going to be running suits BJ Daniels better than it suits Skelton. That might well be the case, if the 49ers are planning to continue running the "Read-Option".

However, if the 49ers have actually decided to go back to the Jumbo formations, run-first, play action pass offense (which was what they did vs the Rams) then maybe Skelton is a better fit.

If that is their plan, then the 49ers waiving Daniels may not be as illogical as it looks.
Originally posted by buck:
I am concerned about the roster moves the team makes.

Hawkins and Daniels have not played in one game since they have been released.
There is no solid evidence to indicate that their releases are mistakes.

There is no solid evidence to indicate that cutting Cam Johnson and Parys Haralson were mistakes.

Each and every one of these four moves COULD BE a mistake, but it is equally true that these same moves COULD BE good moves.

Like everyone else, I am only expressing my opinion. And I do think I am being fair to the players involved in the trades.

Well clearly getting rid of two experienced players who know our system, then having to sign a free agent who has never played with us and who likely has physical shortcomings, puts egg on our face No one could have known about aldon blah blah. Aldons situation is analogous to an injury. I think we should have contingencied one of our olb's sitting for 6-8 weeks, just as a matter of course. I would have preferred to keep haralson, but probably it would have been at least Johnson because i think he is eligible for one more year of PS? Plus, I think when you consider the team we want to be, you think of having strength, depth on D. So you favor keeping talent around that will play to that strength over other positions, IMO.
Originally posted by davidb:
Your point here seems to be based on the assumption that the offense that the 49ers are going to be running suits BJ Daniels better than it suits Skelton. That might well be the case, if the 49ers are planning to continue running the "Read-Option".

However, if the 49ers have actually decided to go back to the Jumbo formations, run-first, play action pass offense (which was what they did vs the Rams) then maybe Skelton is a better fit.

If that is their plan, then the 49ers waiving Daniels may not be as illogical as it looks.

Yeah, I think that this may be an accurate represesentation of the thought process of our coaches. If so, I think there is logic to it, but it seems wrong to me, based on the preseason performance. He looked good, he improvised well. He had natural movement, touches. He was successful with lower quality talent out there. Now, this may not be an accurate depiction of this guy, because he may have had a whole bunch of crappy practices since then. But based on those performances, he looked like he had qualities he could bring to any offense that called, rollouts, play fakes, that broke down and needed improve. Pretty much everyone there. Would he thrive on a diet of 35 yard lasers down the field? Probly not But I think consensus is building that even canon armed CK isn't thriving with that kind of emphasis.
  • ace52
  • Veteran
A rainy day in the Pacific Northwest... Pete Carroll had just finished signing the receipts for the latest shipments of Adderall...
He leaned back in his chair, put another piece of bubble gum into his mouth and started chewing furiously.
His mind raced a mile a minute as he pondered the state of his football team: "Let's see... I have a team that is 2 games up on the rest of the division. My D is stout, my RB is a stud... What hole do I still need to address on this squad? Hmmm, I still don't have a back-up QB who plays like a Mini-Me of my height-challenged star QB, so that if said QB goes down, I don't have to change my whole frikkin' offense... Oh no! What am I gonna to do?"
The phone rang.
Carroll: "Hello? Hey Jim, what's up? What?? You are going to give me what?? <A pause as he picks his jaw up from the floor> "You will do that for me? And I thought that you hated me... Seriously dude, what's your deal?" <Hangs up the phone, and breaks into his best imitation of Dr. Evil's laugh>

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Originally posted by iluvdemniners:
the weakhawks can have all of our garbage all day and all night.

He didn't look like garbage to me. He looked like mini Wilson.
haha,, in the pre season vs guys who are now pouring cement for cessford construction.never fails to amaze me how people can fall in love with a project who will most likely never make a dent in the nfl. clayton, sheets, pj fleck, nate davis scott t. do you want me to go on? a third strong project who maybe does not fit out system and is now with seattle will not be a franchise killer
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Originally posted by Ninerman49:
Why does this organization continue to make questionable roster decisions... it seems everyone that is half way decent we are cutting or getting rid of..

Cam Johnson 7th round pick, physical specimen finally shows the upside we took the risk on with the 7th rounder.. wins a game ball... we trade him for another 7th... useless trade...

Lavelle Hawkins.... not a great player, but played well for us in the preseason... we reward him with a cut..

Bj. daniels... for a rookie looked REALLY good.... we cut him for skelton???

I don't know whats going on here, but it seems to me we are not allowed to have decent backups on this team...

How much have those 3 contributed to a NFL team since we cut them?

i suspect all you are hearing are crickets

• buck
  • Veteran
Well clearly getting rid of two experienced players who know our system, then having to sign a free agent who has never played with us and who likely has physical shortcomings, puts egg on our face No one could have known about aldon blah blah. Aldons situation is analogous to an injury. I think we should have contingencied one of our olb's sitting for 6-8 weeks, just as a matter of course. I would have preferred to keep haralson, but probably it would have been at least Johnson because i think he is eligible for one more year of PS? Plus, I think when you consider the team we want to be, you think of having strength, depth on D. So you favor keeping talent around that will play to that strength over other positions, IMO.

This year the team went with four outside linebackers on the roster.

Last year, we went with only three.

I think the contingency plans for OLB was better this year.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by davidb:
Originally posted by NCommand:
No offense but if CK goes down, I'm fairly certain most in here would feel more comfortable with BJ Daniels who seems to fit our current system better (and who's been in it this entire time) vs. a known-product in Skelton who knows nothing about our offense and who seems counter to the type of offense we do run here.

i love NC but to me the kid with no red boxes filled up hit it out of the park
It sounds like a solid move to me, we need a better backup qb situation right now.

Concerned Daniels gives seatle intel but the coaches obviously were not too alarmed over the prospect.
Originally posted by buck:
I am concerned about the roster moves the team makes.

Hawkins and Daniels have not played in one game since they have been released.
There is no solid evidence to indicate that their releases are mistakes.

There is no solid evidence to indicate that cutting Cam Johnson and Parys Haralson were mistakes.

Each and every one of these four moves COULD BE a mistake, but it is equally true that these same moves COULD BE good moves.

Like everyone else, I am only expressing my opinion. And I do think I am being fair to the players involved in the trades.

You do realize that our defense, in particular Skuta and Lemonier stepped up last week and looked fantastic, right? The proof is in the pudding, IMO.
lol...does the OP know this organization has built one of the most talented rosters in the league? And most of the moves were highly questionable at the time.

I'm a little peeved about our constant WR deficiencies, but I'm not upset over cutting loose guys with little to no actual future with the team.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Oct 2, 2013 at 6:32 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone