LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 228 users in the forums

Can someone explain this to me??

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Why does this organization continue to make questionable roster decisions... it seems everyone that is half way decent we are cutting or getting rid of..

Cam Johnson 7th round pick, physical specimen finally shows the upside we took the risk on with the 7th rounder.. wins a game ball... we trade him for another 7th... useless trade...

Lavelle Hawkins.... not a great player, but played well for us in the preseason... we reward him with a cut..

Bj. daniels... for a rookie looked REALLY good.... we cut him for skelton???

I don't know whats going on here, but it seems to me we are not allowed to have decent backups on this team...
Maybe BJ was the problem all along and Kaep was feeling the pressure, so they brought in a slow white guy to make him feel more secure?
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerman49:
Why does this organization continue to make questionable roster decisions... it seems everyone that is half way decent we are cutting or getting rid of..

Cam Johnson 7th round pick, physical specimen finally shows the upside we took the risk on with the 7th rounder.. wins a game ball... we trade him for another 7th... useless trade...

Lavelle Hawkins.... not a great player, but played well for us in the preseason... we reward him with a cut..

Bj. daniels... for a rookie looked REALLY good.... we cut him for skelton???

I don't know whats going on here, but it seems to me we are not allowed to have decent backups on this team...

Nate Davis was good in preseason. Kaepernick was terrible in the preseason his first 2 years.

Preseason means nothing. The moves are only questionable to people who know a lot less about the team and players, and get paid a lot less than our front office.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Cam Johnson won a game?

Hawkins did play well. he lost out to a numbers game due to some knucklehead penalties.

BJ would never be active on game days anytime soon. it's looking like he's been claimed by the Seahawks. it was gamble and we lost.
Pretty sure that everyone knew we were going to cut Cam...that great game gave us the 7th just so that it wasn't a free for all. So we got something for nothing.

BJ they are hoping will pass through the waiver system. He'll go on PS.

If someone else gets hurt then Hawkins will come back if he's not contrated...but going into the season he didn't earn a roster spot...where would you have put him?

Move along, nothing to see here.
B.J. Daniels claimed off 49ers waivers by the Seattle Seahawks, according to a league source.

lol
Cam Inman ‏@CamInman3m
And so it continues. RT @RavensInsider: B.J. Daniels claimed off 49ers waivers by the Seattle Seahawks, according to a league source.

deeeeeyum. Russel Wilson 2.0.
I'm not saying any of these guys were problems but we don't know how they interacted with other players or coaches. Maybe they were problems in the lockerroom. Maybe they couldn't remember plays. The point is that we only see a fraction of what coaches see.
Originally posted by Ballistic:
B.J. Daniels claimed off 49ers waivers by the Seattle Seahawks, according to a league source.

lol

Oh no, our #3 QB was claimed off waivers. The sky is falling.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Releasing B.J. Daniels made no sense...oh well

Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by Ballistic:

lol

Oh no, our #3 QB was claimed off waivers. The sky is falling.

The midget backfield
cam johnson and haralson haven't done much but we could use these guys now.
Originally posted by 4ML:
Releasing B.J. Daniels made no sense...oh well

This... and Skelton?!?!?!? Really?????

Gray, Cooper, Haralson, risked Morris, now lost Daniels...it's a fair question no matter how much you "trust the FO." And those moves are fine if we have epic players in front of them that force our hand. But Ventrone, Harper and Owen M. and others? I think it's a fair question esp. after the 2012 draft.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
cam johnson and haralson haven't done much but we could use these guys now.

Doesn't mean they wouldn't be great for US right now...and much further along than a guy we just brought in off the streets. Context.
Share 49ersWebzone