LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 285 users in the forums

Whitner fined 21k for hit in end zone

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by niners94:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
What happened to Whitner? I only see a Hitner now...

He legally changed his name ala Ocho Cinco

I know lol

oh haha i like this move its way better the ochocinco. That just dumb.
What happened to Whitner? I only see a Hitner now...

He legally changed his name ala Ocho Cinco

I know lol

oh haha i like this move its way better the ochocinco. That just dumb.

I know what you think but I was just wondering if anybody else thinks what Whitner is doing with his name is as stupid as what Chad Johnson did. IDK I think it's pretty cool actually but that's just me.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Gooddell is terrible for the league.

Yes! Goodell is worst for new rule that illegal about flags for hits? Goodell is soooo worst and boring games! We must complain and against to Goodell.. Tell him Booo!!!!!! ... Goodell is smart to earned the moneys when he will be rich but he is all cheat that new rule that Goldson, Whitner and else player got fined to paid it.. It's not fair cuz Goodell is evil so much because he is smart to get other player football got fined that illegal hits!!
[ Edited by BuZzB28 on Oct 2, 2013 at 6:51 PM ]
Originally posted by BuZzB28:

Yes! Goodell is worst for new rule that illegal about flags for hits? Goodell is soooo worst and boring games! We must complain and against to Goodell.. Tell him Booo!!!!!!

Attakid Buzz! You tell 'em!
Originally posted by chico49erfan:

Yes! Goodell is worst for new rule that illegal about flags for hits? Goodell is soooo worst and boring games! We must complain and against to Goodell.. Tell him Booo!!!!!!

Attakid Buzz! You tell 'em!

Let's support our 49ers fans and go spread our words "Tell Goodell" Booo!! Booo!!!!
I gotta be honest, I think Whitner has played very good this season so far. That was NOT a penalty vs the Lambs. I like his willingness to stick his nose in on run support. His pass defense isn't his strength but the coaches knew that going in. Keep him up close to the scrimmage and he does great things.
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
I gotta be honest, I think Whitner has played very good this season so far. That was NOT a penalty vs the Lambs. I like his willingness to stick his nose in on run support. His pass defense isn't his strength but the coaches knew that going in. Keep him up close to the scrimmage and he does great things.

The penalty called on that play was hit on a defenseless receiver. As the rule stands, the call was correct.

What you should be arguing is the rule itself and it's terms of enforcement.
BTW, why is there not a thread about Whitner's name change? lol

Yes! Goodell is worst for new rule that illegal about flags for hits? Goodell is soooo worst and boring games! We must complain and against to Goodell.. Tell him Booo!!!!!! ... Goodell is smart to earned the moneys when he will be rich but he is all cheat that new rule that Goldson, Whitner and else player got fined to paid it.. It's not fair cuz Goodell is evil so much because he is smart to get other player football got fined that illegal hits!!

Hey do you like kickoffs?

f**k you.

- Roger Goodell
Does Whitner not realize how close his name change is to being "Hitler"?

Dumb gimmick. Players who only touch the ball like twice a year shouldnt be pulling this kind of thing.

As long as he doesn't cost us any "W"s I don't give a crap what it says on his jersey.
THIS JUST IN....

Seahawks have claimed Dontes "W" off waivers.
The stupid ass league is fining these guys with these hits to pay their own settlement with the players. Motherf**kers.
I hate these rules so much.
Originally posted by GNS1310:
THIS JUST IN....

Seahawks have claimed Dontes "W" off waivers.

LMAO
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Originally posted by ihab:
This play just says it all about the preposterous rules of the NFL game. Defensive players should stop taking the field until the league until this shameless competitive advantage to the offense is addressed.

Since the receivers head whiplashed, these lame refs probably assumed it was a helmet-to-helmet hit.

Given the context of NFL speed -- where every plau is based on millisecond reaction time -- that's as PERFECT as a hit you can give.

http://nflcommunications.com/2011/12/27/definition-of-a-defenseless-player/

wrong
I have to admit, before today I hadn't read the whole rule, and before today I thought the rule was merely a joke. Now after reading the rule I think it's downright offensive!! Other than sections 3, 4, and 5 this rule is complete bullsh!t, with section 2 being the most egregiously indefensible to the very nature of football:

A receiver attempting to catch a pass; or who has completed a catch and has not had time to protect himself or has not clearly become a runner. If the receiver/runner is capable of avoiding or warding off the impending contact of an opponent, he is no longer a defenseless player;

That's just preposterous!! So, in other words, ALLOW the receiver to catch the ball in front of then and attempt a tackle ONLY when the receiver is in position to gain yards!! Is that way the NFL wants? To me that rule just crystallizes the indefensible position the league has placed themselves in. People talk all the time about defenses should adjust to the rules. Well, the only way defenses can adjust to this rule is allow the receiver to catch the ball in front of them. Can someone please tell me how that doesn't give the offense an enormous competitive advantage?

I began playing football at 5 years old in St. Louis and now coach 4th-8th graders here in Chicago (Heads-Up Certified by the way). What Whitner did was something that I was taught and now teach: If a man so much as touches the ball you light him up to insure he don't catch the ball - i.e "separate the man from the ball". In the true manner and spirit of REAL football Whitner did nothing wrong on that play. In fact, you can clearly tell he let up and lead with his shoulders! What else was Whitner suppose to do? Had Whitner not challenged the WR it would have no doubt been a TD.

I'm sorry RonMexico, but the league is wrong, not Whitner. And I disagree, there's plenty to argue here, and I truly think it needs to be argued more, and loudly, to protect the integrity of this beautiful game. This rule gives the offense a competitive advantage that the defense naturally can never adjust to, no more than if the league had a rule prohibiting the defense from wearing cleats (and I hope I didn't give the league an idea with the latter).
Share 49ersWebzone