There are 145 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Whitner fined 21k for hit in end zone

TWHITNER ‏@DonteWhitner5m
It's official...The W is being removed from my last name from Whitner to Hitner...GM
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by 4ML:
Gotta hit below the waist and above the knees with your shoulders - just the way you're taught in high-school.

Wish the NFL would get the memo, hitting at knee area and foot should be illegal. Look at how many injuries have happened, season ending, should be illegal, and no fines. But Goodell fines players for wrong color socks, wrong shirt. Goodell AKA Dictator Goodell. Until he is removed, the game will be terrible. The refs are horrible. Wish someone had to balls to stand up to Goodell. But dont get me wrong, I also hate De Smith, everytime a player gets caught with fine or suspension, he is down the NFL's throat. even when the player is n the wrong Just admit your mistake, and your problem. Dont have Smith b***h to the nfl about it.

Technically Merton Hanks doles out the fines but the point still stands.

Well in that case....f**k Merton Hanks too!
Originally posted by DVDA:
Offenses have adjusted and realize that you can't be stopped if you intentionally throw balls that put players in "defenseless" positions. It's a new tactic that results in a first down and a fine for a defensive guy at worst. Maybe they should start fining the guy who puts the receivers in those "defenseless" positions, they're the ones making the big money anyway.
Hence the competitive advantage for offenses I spoke of. I've been telling fellow football coaches the same thing, that I really thought that NFL offenses are actually designing schemes to take full advantage of these preposterous rules, and at first they thought I was exaggerating. Now they're starting to become just as disgusted as I am. Defenses have clearly responded to the rules of the game. But ultimately, defenses will never be able to adjust to the current rules of the NFL game - they just can't.

People may this to be extreme but I honestly think the integrity of the game will continue to be assaulted, defenses will continue to be at an even worse disadvantage, until players, in particular defensive players, stand up and start refusing to take the field. That way the league will get everything they're looking for: more offense and (ostensibly) safety.

Also current players are gonna have to stand up and really tell tell former players to cool it with the law suites.
If all these ex football players didnt call Saul, we would not have all these fines and penalties.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by 4ML:
Gotta hit below the waist and above the knees with your shoulders - just the way you're taught in high-school.

Wish the NFL would get the memo, hitting at knee area and foot should be illegal. Look at how many injuries have happened, season ending, should be illegal, and no fines. But Goodell fines players for wrong color socks, wrong shirt. Goodell AKA Dictator Goodell. Until he is removed, the game will be terrible. The refs are horrible. Wish someone had to balls to stand up to Goodell. But dont get me wrong, I also hate De Smith, everytime a player gets caught with fine or suspension, he is down the NFL's throat. even when the player is n the wrong Just admit your mistake, and your problem. Dont have Smith b***h to the nfl about it.

With the current rules of the game Merton Hanks couldn't play defense.
With these rules, Ronny Lott would be in prison and not the HOF, along with about 100 other greats
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GNS1310:
It's official...The W is being removed from my last name from Whitner to Hitner...GM

hah damn......I think I may have to get a jersey of his if only for this reason.
[ Edited by sfout on Oct 2, 2013 at 8:35 AM ]
  • ihab
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ihab:
This play just says it all about the preposterous rules of the NFL game. Defensive players should stop taking the field until the league until this shameless competitive advantage to the offense is addressed.
http://shop.anotherenemy.com/collections/legal-hitner
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Originally posted by ihab:
This play just says it all about the preposterous rules of the NFL game. Defensive players should stop taking the field until the league until this shameless competitive advantage to the offense is addressed.

Since the receivers head whiplashed, these lame refs probably assumed it was a helmet-to-helmet hit.

Given the context of NFL speed -- where every plau is based on millisecond reaction time -- that's as PERFECT as a hit you can give.
[ Edited by Imfasterthanur on Oct 2, 2013 at 11:21 AM ]
Originally posted by GNS1310:

Good. I get it may not have much impact, but I think it is cool that he is doing it.
Pretty soon they'll be giving all the players a belt and flags as part of their UNIs

Just cuz he never knew how to lay a player out...
When you watch him making a clear attempt to hit the receiver below the shoulder with his shoulder and not his helmet in slow motion, you have to wonder what the NFL was thinking when they fined him. That's one of the strangest decisions I've seen in a long time.