There are 44 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 Season Roster Moves (trade/release/pick up)

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by real9erfan:
Originally posted by jimmythegreekjr:
Colt McCoy must really suck and BJ Daniels is iust not ready to even play. The only reason to sign Skelton is to compete for back up role, which BJ Daniels was not able to do. Would you really be comfortable with either McCoy or BJ Daniels in a starting role at this point? There are not a lot of QBs out there...49ers were probably watching Matt Flynn and it gave them nightmares about McCoy.

Matt Barrows reported that Skelton is likely to move into the No. 2 QB role. I guess they really do not think very highly of McCoy.

When did he say that?

Josh Freeman will definitely get a work out then

Not unless he's released and passes through waivers. Can't afford that contract.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by real9erfan:
Originally posted by susweel:
BJD will get picked up by Seattle. Book it

I don't think Seattle will want to put him on their 53-man roster.

Seahags need OL help not Qb.

Yeah they don't need a qb from our team to beat us, so maybe green bay picks him up.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Not unless he's released and passes through waivers. Can't afford that contract.

He wouldn't sign with us... He wants to play not sit on the bench.
For the record, I have very little complaints against the FO and the decisions they make. But sometimes, they make the most silliest, head scratching moves. Why cut BJ? He looked very promising during pre season and had great speed and mobility. Far more impressive than McCoy but I guess the FO sees something in him that everyone else doesn't . Then they contemplate signing GARBAGE like Skelton??? How does that make us better? It doesn't. Behind Kap, that makes the QB depth even thinner than it already was. Just plain stupid ! I'm not sure why they were looking at the QBs to make cuts to begin with when trash like Marlon Moore stinks up the roster and we all know the WR core needs a little help right now. Unbelievable.

If BJ gets claimed off waivers before we sign him to PS (which is very likely) I will be pissed !
I make better Fantasy Football roster moves and I'm 0-4.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jimmythegreekjr:
I make better Fantasy Football roster moves and I'm 0-4.

Originally posted by Jcool:
He wouldn't sign with us... He wants to play not sit on the bench.

This. People need to give up on this Freeman insanity, even if he wanted to sign with the 49ers, he's an absolute cancer and a guy regarded as not being willing to put the work in needed to be successful. There's no need for that in the locker room.
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
For the record, I have very little complaints against the FO and the decisions they make. But sometimes, they make the most silliest, head scratching moves. Why cut BJ? He looked very promising during pre season and had great speed and mobility. Far more impressive than McCoy but I guess the FO sees something in him that everyone else doesn't . Then they contemplate signing GARBAGE like Skelton??? How does that make us better? It doesn't. Behind Kap, that makes the QB depth even thinner than it already was. Just plain stupid ! I'm not sure why they were looking at the QBs to make cuts to begin with when trash like Marlon Moore stinks up the roster and we all know the WR core needs a little help right now. Unbelievable.

If BJ gets claimed off waivers before we sign him to PS (which is very likely) I will be pissed !
They already added Skelton and he is decent just has played on a terrible team

I bolded the key part of what you wrote. Preseason means jack s**t and people need to stop deluding themselves into thinking that there is more than there actually is. Skelton had several very good preseasons for the Cardinals, doesn't mean a thing.
Owen Marecic didn't last long. Anyone know much about Cunningham? I know he was an early round draftee of the Patriots and they don't screw up often.
I just hope Seattle doesn't claim BJ. Any team but them.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

I bolded the key part of what you wrote. Preseason means jack s**t and people need to stop deluding themselves into thinking that there is more than there actually is. Skelton had several very good preseasons for the Cardinals, doesn't mean a thing.

This... By the way, it's not very likely teams will sign Daniels. It's actually very unlikely they do since they have to sign them to their 53 man roster. And considering we're already 5 weeks in, and every team is banged up, the chances of that happening are pretty slim. The only teams I can see making a move are teams looking for a very raw QB to develop. There aren't many.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter Former Cardinals QB John Skelton, whom Tennessee was interested in signing with Jake Locker out, will sign with the 49ers.

ima miss bj :(
I mentioned this in the Skelton thread but could be possible that if Daniels clears waivers we wait until Skelton learns the offense then we cut McCoy. McCoy would be the backup until Skelton is ready to play if need be. Then once he is up to speed we cut McCoy and sign Daniels back as the #3. Just a thought... hopefully that's the case. I just see no need for McCoy with Daniels once Skelton is ready to go.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home