There are 145 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 Season Roster Moves (trade/release/pick up)

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Josh Freeman will definitely get a work out then

He is still with Tampa and makes WAY to much money to be traded for.
Originally posted by xcfan:
if daniels clears waivers, i'll accept that i don't know anything, and i'll shut up.

Still wouldn't put us in the clear as he can be signed to a 53 at any time this year. Maybe we have an agreement with him we will bring him back next year to compete for the #2 job if he declines any invites to 53 man rosters to stay on our PS.
I call BS on Skelton.
We're bringing in Freeman
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by real9erfan:
Originally posted by susweel:
BJD will get picked up by Seattle. Book it

I don't think Seattle will want to put him on their 53-man roster.

Seahags need OL help not Qb.
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
Wait, what? I've been away from my computer for a few hours. Someone please tell me this a joke, that the 49ers did not cut Daniels and sign Skelton.

I'm waiting..

I got a feeling...........

This^
Originally posted by jimmythegreekjr:
Colt McCoy must really suck and BJ Daniels is iust not ready to even play. The only reason to sign Skelton is to compete for back up role, which BJ Daniels was not able to do. Would you really be comfortable with either McCoy or BJ Daniels in a starting role at this point? There are not a lot of QBs out there...49ers were probably watching Matt Flynn and it gave them nightmares about McCoy.

Matt Barrows reported that Skelton is likely to move into the No. 2 QB role. I guess they really do not think very highly of McCoy.
If this is the casee, then why not cut McCoy and keep Daniels on? I am in the camp that Daniels will not make it to our PS, and the FO is getting a little to cute. Skelton is not an upgrade.
Originally posted by Jcool:
He is still with Tampa and makes WAY to much money to be traded for.

We'd have to pay 6.4 mil of his salary if traded for so makes no sense plus we only have 1.3 in cap room. Now if he gets cut he could sign with any team for any amount of years and money.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
i want to hit baalke in the face with a dog sh*t cream pie
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
I think a lot of these decisions are made not just based on team need, but also on salary cap considerations.

yep. We couldn't afford Haralson's $1.15M contract. And Cam Johnson, they felt better with Lemonier and Skuta. Looks like a horrible move now. But looking forward to seeing Cunningham.

Cooper was very expensive as well. You know who was expensive? Ventrone!

But I hear what you're saying, man!
Originally posted by xcfan:
i want to hit baalke in the face with a dog sh*t cream pie

Originally posted by mayo49:

I don't think Seattle will want to put him on their 53-man roster.

Seahags need OL help not Qb.

This.
Originally posted by GNS1310:
I call BS on Skelton.
We're bringing in Freeman

It wouldn't surprise me if we actually went for Kevin Ogletree, who was released, before we even bother looking at Freeman. He makes way too much money.
I knew you guys we're going to overreact over this. OMG WE WAIVED A 7TH ROUND DRAFT PICK WORST GM EVAR jeez i know he looked good in preseason but so does a lot of guys take a chill pill i certainly don't want a 7th round draft pick starting on this superbowl contending team. But I do not like the fact that we might pick up Skelton either, I won't be super mad if we pick up Freeman.
There has been some questionable small scale roster moves this year. Why trade Cam and Parys for 7ths? They should have keep the best players regardless.

Cutting Daniels for Skeleton is risky move and ruthless. They wait until week 5 so most rosters are set than cut him to add Skelteon with the idea of putting him on the PS.

Marecic made no sense from the beginning and he was even activated for a game while Baldwin was in street clothes.

Then there is all the WR moves. Not having Hawkins in the return game hurts. Do like the Harper signing long term though.
[ Edited by LottOfDefense on Oct 1, 2013 at 2:53 PM ]