There are 117 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 Season Roster Moves (trade/release/pick up)

Originally posted by crabman82:
on the cunningham move, this to me is about aldon being out for an extended period. skuta/lemonier will rotate but they still need another body in case of injury or whatever.

that makes sense, marecic for cunningham, no problems with that

but daniels for skelton? what good is skelton in this offense?
  • boast
  • Hall of Fame
They must of brought him in to replicate Matt Shaubb's speed and elusiveness.

lol
To be fair, Skelton might be one of the few QB's in the NFL with a stronger arm than Kaepernick. He's got an absolute cannon...but accuracy....not even once.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

lol

Originally posted by NinerFan408:
Originally posted by crabman82:
on the cunningham move, this to me is about aldon being out for an extended period. skuta/lemonier will rotate but they still need another body in case of injury or whatever.

that makes sense, marecic for cunningham, no problems with that

but daniels for skelton? what good is skelton in this offense?

yeah i got nothing in terms of trying to find some logic in the qb move. i thought you always keep the young cheap 3rd qb instead of the more expensive less upside career wash out who you've played against and know what hes got.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by iLL49er:
why? simple...cuz bj daniels doesn't need to take up a roster spot, he will clear waivers easy and be on our practice squad (taking daryl morris's spot)

Yeah, so far that sort of speculating hasn't gone all too well for them....witness Marcus Cooper and MarQueis Gray.

its mid-season, teams aren't going to keep daniels on their 53 man roster when he has zero experience w/ them
Originally posted by valrod33:

lol

Haha
  • boast
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by iLL49er:
why? simple...cuz bj daniels doesn't need to take up a roster spot, he will clear waivers easy and be on our practice squad (taking daryl morris's spot)

wouldn't be surprised if BJ gets picked up by a QB needy team like J'ville or Oakland
Originally posted by eonblue:
Does anyone seriously think this is possibly motivation for Kaep?

ESPN 1320 Sacramento ‏@ESPN132038s
49ers release B.J. Daniels, may sign QB John Skelton. Wow.

lol

Not sure if you're being sarcastic or not but Skelton is incredibly mobile for his size, he used to piss me off when he was playing for the Cardinals and he'd just run around, evading pass-rushers or have them just bounce off of him. 6'6" and 255, that's a big boy right there.
Originally posted by boast:
wouldn't be surprised if BJ gets picked up by a QB needy team like J'ville or Oakland

Jacksonville already has Matt Scott.............the Raiders on the other hand................
Originally posted by vermonator:
Originally posted by real9erfan:
???? Why would they waive B.J. Daniels?

Maybe because they think he can slip through waivers and land on their practice squad... Or, they're preparing for a trade?

Yeah like Marcus Cooper, baby. Oh wait...