LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 219 users in the forums

2013 Season Roster Moves (trade/release/pick up)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I'm CALLING IT, ED REED TIME!!!
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by NinerFan408:
Originally posted by BigYellowKahuna:
Now that we have cut Williams & Cox, who is the back up punt returner? I know Dixon is doing kickoffs returns but punt returning is alot different. I know that PS WR Chuck Jacobs has experience returning both punt and kickoffs but I wouldnt expect them to place him on the 53 with Crabtree coming back soon.

i dont think having 2 total punt returns in college really counts, lol

especially in the WAC or MWC of all conferences.

Eric Wright might be the guy. He did some kick return in college 2006. 18 returns 430yds. 23.9 average
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

Wow, both those cuts were shockers for me personally.
Im fine with Williams gone. Cox I think is a solid #5 CB and should have been given a chance at PR/KR but really haven't seen him much this year at CB. Guess we are going with Brown, Brock, Rogers, Wright, Morris. Guess 1 for ST and 4 for the game... don't really use 5 CB's and 2 safeties that often anyways. Most of the time it's 2 or 3 cb's... 4 once in awhile against the spread passing teams. We also keep Bowman and Willis in coverage too so they might replace a CB at times. Anyways, just have to hope nobody gets hurt but maybe they feel Morris is good enough to play #4 CB. So Cox won't be back next year leaves Brown, Brock, Wright as FA and Rogers probably getting cut unless he restructures. I think we need at least 1 or 2 back of Brown/Brock/Wright... probably Brock and Wright... then Culliver as the 1 or 2. That's a decent 1-3, Morris probably 5... just draft a rookie high, maybe 1st round would would play the 4 most likely. maybe another mid to low who would play the #6 or PS if drafted low enough.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Dixon as kick returner is just retarded, why can't lmj do it.

brad Sealy is good at coverage but his return teams are garbage
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
I think the best news from the Cox release is we dont have to tender him as a RFA now, which would of cost $1.3M, so some savings in a sense. Add the $3.22M to $7.3M and we could have $10.5M for 2014 to start with. Can get $5.1M with Rogers cut, or we could get a pay cut from him.

Maybe we'll spend that 10-15 mill on a mid to upper tier FA WR or CB

Michael Trabtree

You think we'll spend that kind of money on Crabs? Given his injury history? Last year, his breakout season I'll admit, was really his first really, truly, healthy season.

That's a lot of coinage to invest in a guy that can't stay healthy. Think Darren McFadden. Intensely talented. Can't stay on the field.
Originally posted by mayo49:

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by mayo49:

Ed Reed is OTBB
I think Cox being waived opens it up for Crabtree to be activated. No need to cut Cox for Wright because he's already on the 53 man roster.

Originally posted by SanFranFanfrmVa:
I think Cox being waived opens it up for Crabtree to be activated. No need to cut Cox for Wright because he's already on the 53 man roster.

3 tight ends on the roster and 2 of them got hurt on sunday, add in the niners basically never going to 4 wr sets and all signs point to a tight end move.
[ Edited by crabman82 on Nov 12, 2013 at 3:51 PM ]
Moody was activated so that's 1 cut and say Cox and I would assume Williams is for a 3rd TE (carrier?, working out someone?) if Celek is out for a few weeks. Any longer than that just IR him and wont have to cut anyone for him. Other than that could be Crabtree but I'd say odds are it's 3rd TE.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Nov 12, 2013 at 4:14 PM ]
Love the cuts. Williams needed to go, he was a curse and thats coming from one of his biggest supporters over the summer. Cox is nothing special, my guess would be Wright showed enough for the front office to feel comfortable letting Cox go while they ponder signing a TE or or promoting Derek Carrier, its probably the latter.
Originally posted by susweel:

This.
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
Originally posted by susweel:

This.
Or Hunter... he did do it 2 years ago
Share 49ersWebzone