There are 54 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 Season Roster Moves (trade/release/pick up)

Originally posted by ady2glude707:
I remember Wright being part of the CB duo in DET that couldnt cover.

Same here. I know Baalke has talked about trying to sign him bofore so he must really like the guy.
Originally posted by pd24:
What is the plan for the #3 WR this week?

Bruce Miller

Originally posted by defenderDX:
Cox??? really? I liked him!

Rogers
Brown
Brock
Wright

And D.Mo.

Originally posted by valrod33:
Bruce Miller

With Baldwin in for downfield blocking purposes.
I think the best news from the Cox release is we dont have to tender him as a RFA now, which would of cost $1.3M, so some savings in a sense. Add the $3.22M to $7.3M and we could have $10.5M for 2014 to start with. Can get $5.1M with Rogers cut, or we could get a pay cut from him.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
I think the best news from the Cox release is we dont have to tender him as a RFA now, which would of cost $1.3M, so some savings in a sense. Add the $3.22M to $7.3M and we could have $10.5M for 2014 to start with. Can get $5.1M with Rogers cut, or we could get a pay cut from him.

Maybe we'll spend that 10-15 mill on a mid to upper tier FA WR or CB
This defensive coaching staff definitely got the hots for Wright. Curious how Wright would be on the field ....
Originally posted by sfout:

Yeah, that's not gonna happen, not with everyone the 49ers have to re-sign.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
This defensive coaching staff definitely got the hots for Wright. Curious how Wright would be on the field ....

He'd be the #4 to start and equally good, it MAY get Morris on the field to cover the slot. Interesting they did this now facing the Saints, a team that runs multiple 4 WR-sets. We only have 5 CB's now and Reid is concussed.
  • boast
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by sfout:

Michael Trabtree
  • Buchy
  • Veteran

Can't remember if Goodwin is a FA after this season, I think so, but if not I'd cut him. I'd also have limits on what I'd pay Iupati and Davis on the OLine given how poor their pass protection has been.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

He'd be the #4 to start and equally good, it MAY get Morris on the field to cover the slot. Interesting they did this now facing the Saints, a team that runs multiple 4 WR-sets. We only have 5 CB's now and Reid is concussed.

Call me crazy, but watching Brock in the Carolina game, I think that dude will be a very good FS. Always seems to be around the ball at the right time.
Now that we have cut Williams & Cox, who is the back up punt returner? I know Dixon is doing kickoffs returns but punt returning is alot different. I know that PS WR Chuck Jacobs has experience returning both punt and kickoffs but I wouldnt expect them to place him on the 53 with Crabtree coming back soon.
[ Edited by BigYellowKahuna on Nov 12, 2013 at 2:50 PM ]
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Worst case scenario, I don't think it'd be all that difficult to have Dixon or Hunter do the exact same thing Williams was doing and just fair catch everything. That way they don't need to worry about any potential run back and can just concentrate on the ball.
Originally posted by BigYellowKahuna:
Now that we have cut Williams & Cox, who is the back up punt returner? I know Dixon is doing kickoffs returns but punt returning is alot different. I know that PS WR Chuck Jacobs has experience returning both punt and kickoffs but I wouldnt expect them to place him on the 53 with Crabtree coming back soon.

i dont think having 2 total punt returns in college really counts, lol
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerFan408:
Originally posted by BigYellowKahuna:

i dont think having 2 total punt returns in college really counts, lol

especially in the WAC or MWC of all conferences.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home