LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 269 users in the forums

2013 Season Roster Moves (trade/release/pick up)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Disp
  • Veteran
When he Cox played this year he didn't do much to help the team. They probably feel that Wright should be able to contribute at least as much as he did, and if not, it's not a position we're real desperate for (dime CB). Hopefully Morris gets more opportunities as well.
Originally posted by susweel:
CUT EVERYBODY !!!

seriously do it!! we are rebuilding here guys mid season
Originally posted by Disp:
When he Cox played this year he didn't do much to help the team. They probably feel that Wright should be able to contribute at least as much as he did, and if not, it's not a position we're real desperate for (dime CB). Hopefully Morris gets more opportunities as well.

Glad to see that they are holding on to Morris at least(for now.)
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Wright has been a good cornerback in the NFL, he played at a high performance level with the Browns and the Lions, he's still fairly young, from what they've seen in practice they must be feeling very good about him.

I know he's got experience but he was never that good. He was solid. Another one of those "potential" guys. He's got like 80 career starts and had trouble finding a team that would even sign his ass. Not to mention he just recently started practicing. How can he be better than the guys they released? He was signed in August and rode the non football injury list until just recently. We let proven players go with a much better knowledge of the system for this guy? I thought Fangio's policy was that these guys had to be better than the guys that already playing before they move up? How the hell could he be out playing Cox or Nnamdi for that matter when he doesn't even know the terminology yet?
  • NONAME
  • Go Raiders
Sign T.O
  • pd24
  • Veteran
What is the plan for the #3 WR this week?
Originally posted by pd24:

Boldin, Mario and Baldwin.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
if LMJ gets injured or starts fumbling, we have no back-up PR now that KW and Cox have been waived. i hope this doesn't bite us in the ass.
Originally posted by susweel:
CUT EVERYBODY !!!

Originally posted by NinerG94:
I know he's got experience but he was never that good. He was solid. Another one of those "potential" guys. He's got like 80 career starts and had trouble finding a team that would even sign his ass. Not to mention he just recently started practicing. How can he be better than the guys they released? He was signed in August and rode the non football injury list until just recently. We let proven players go with a much better knowledge of the system for this guy? I thought Fangio's policy was that these guys had to be better than the guys that already playing before they move up? How the hell could he be out playing Cox or Nnamdi for that matter when he doesn't even know the terminology yet?

He started every game as a rookie and was a good cornerback for Detroit and Cleveland. Tampa Bay gave him a lot of money to sign with them, turns out he didn't fit their system at all, plus he had other issues, so they cut him. Their loss is the 49ers gain. They've got a starter quality guy as their dime CB.
Originally posted by boast:
if LMJ gets injured or starts fumbling, we have no back-up PR now that KW and Cox have been waived. i hope this doesn't bite us in the ass.

I nominate Joe Looney.

I remember Wright being part of the CB duo in DET that couldnt cover.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
He started every game as a rookie and was a good cornerback for Detroit and Cleveland. Tampa Bay gave him a lot of money to sign with them, turns out he didn't fit their system at all, plus he had other issues, so they cut him. Their loss is the 49ers gain. They've got a starter quality guy as their dime CB.

I hope so! Fangio says he's done a lot of the things we do on defense here so he must have shown something and they must think he's a good fit. We'll see. He's proven nothing in a 49ers uniform and I guess that was my point. Its been far too long since he last played a meaningful game and football is not like riding a bike.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Originally posted by pd24:

Boldin, Mario and Baldwin.

I like.
Cox??? really? I liked him!

Rogers
Brown
Brock
Wright
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by ady2glude707:
I remember Wright being part of the CB duo in DET that couldnt cover.

in before the "it was the scheme" excuses.
Share 49ersWebzone