There are 68 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 Season Roster Moves (trade/release/pick up)

Why? B/c he's wack.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
I understand why a lot of people in here are getting all worked up because of the recent moves and all. BUT, if you think about it, this might be the only reason/method to all this madness http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Zi1dC_nFKs
Originally posted by real9erfan:
Originally posted by jimmythegreekjr:
Colt McCoy must really suck and BJ Daniels is iust not ready to even play. The only reason to sign Skelton is to compete for back up role, which BJ Daniels was not able to do. Would you really be comfortable with either McCoy or BJ Daniels in a starting role at this point? There are not a lot of QBs out there...49ers were probably watching Matt Flynn and it gave them nightmares about McCoy.

Matt Barrows reported that Skelton is likely to move into the No. 2 QB role. I guess they really do not think very highly of McCoy.
Then why not waive McCoy and keep Daniels?
Originally posted by 49erfaninPA:
Colt McCoy must really suck and BJ Daniels is iust not ready to even play. The only reason to sign Skelton is to compete for back up role, which BJ Daniels was not able to do. Would you really be comfortable with either McCoy or BJ Daniels in a starting role at this point? There are not a lot of QBs out there...49ers were probably watching Matt Flynn and it gave them nightmares about McCoy.

Matt Barrows reported that Skelton is likely to move into the No. 2 QB role. I guess they really do not think very highly of McCoy.

You aren't going to want to start, if CK goes down, a qb who knows nothing about your O. Neither are you going to want to start a long term project who was a 7th rounder.

This way is so obvious. If BJ gets picked up then we draft another project next year. But this way the risk is managed.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LVJay:
Originally posted by 49ersHeroine:
Bj Daniels?? what! How can you cut him? I'm going to say this for the 1st time. F**K Harbaalke!

and some people think i am insane
Originally posted by English:

You aren't going to want to start, if CK goes down, a qb who knows nothing about your O. Neither are you going to want to start a long term project who was a 7th rounder.

This way is so obvious. If BJ gets picked up then we draft another project next year. But this way the risk is managed.

That's exactly right. They're going to need McCoy to hold the fort, so to speak, until Skelton comes along. They're also still going to be evaluating Skelton; it's not like it's a done deal that he's going to come in and immediately take the role of No. 2 QB.
I have a couple of thoughts after the flurry of moves that have been made since the end of training camp:

First, I know a lot of people here are frustrated at the fact that we lost some development players (Cooper, Gray, Daniels, etc); however, the fact that other teams were willing to pick these players up speaks volumes about our team's ability to scout and develop talent. After the abysmal 2012 draft, I think the front office stepped up huge this year with the haul they brought in. Even if some are no longer with us (the aforementioned waivered players), and some have yet to contribute (injured players like Tank and Lattimore), it's clear that we did a great job this year of finding quality players.

Along these same lines: Gray, Cooper, Daniels were all 7th-round selections. This goes to show that Baalke's strategy of loading up on picks -- even late-round ones (Haralson, Johnson trades) -- can really reap some benefits.

I know people are frustrated that we're letting go of talent like this, while keeping dead weight afloat (special team aces). Unfortunately, this is the reality of having a loaded roster with aspirations for the Super Bowl. You can only afford to stash away so many players.

Anyway, the influx of talent brought in this year was truly impressive, and I have more confidence in the front office moving forward than ever.
Originally posted by mrbusinessman499:
Why in the f**k would you waive Daniels?'!!

season is over
Seattle continuing to show they have a smarter and better coaching staff than we do.

This
Originally posted by theduke85:
I have a couple of thoughts after the flurry of moves that have been made since the end of training camp:

First, I know a lot of people here are frustrated at the fact that we lost some development players (Cooper, Gray, Daniels, etc); however, the fact that other teams were willing to pick these players up speaks volumes about our team's ability to scout and develop talent. After the abysmal 2012 draft, I think the front office stepped up huge this year with the haul they brought in. Even if some are no longer with us (the aforementioned waivered players), and some have yet to contribute (injured players like Tank and Lattimore), it's clear that we did a great job this year of finding quality players.

Along these same lines: Gray, Cooper, Daniels were all 7th-round selections. This goes to show that Baalke's strategy of loading up on picks -- even late-round ones (Haralson, Johnson trades) -- can really reap some benefits.

I know people are frustrated that we're letting go of talent like this, while keeping dead weight afloat (special team aces). Unfortunately, this is the reality of having a loaded roster with aspirations for the Super Bowl. You can only afford to stash away so many players.

Anyway, the influx of talent brought in this year was truly impressive, and I have more confidence in the front office moving forward than ever.

Very good post!
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Seattle continuing to show they have a smarter and better coaching staff than we do.

Hop off the bandwagon now please.
Originally posted by AUniner:

Hop off the bandwagon now please.

Been on the bandwagon since 2006. I survived worse.

Except the head coach. Trust me, Carroll will find the hidden land mine to blow up his guys this year. He always does.