Originally posted by Rascal:
If Young or Montana could help Kap, it would be cool. But, I guess Harbaugh probably wouldn't be too keen with the idea.
Again, this is not something I would recommend for ANY position DURING the season. If Montana/Young want to come work with Kaepernick during the offseason, great. I think if you guys have ever been to or been a part of a football practice session you'd see how this could be disruptive.
It has nothing to do with Harbaugh's ego. It's just not as good of an idea as it sounds when you actually try to apply it.
Does Rice show up during practice sessions? Does he work with them before/after practice? What if Rice's "mentoring" conflicts with key components of the offensive philosophy?
Jerry Rice is my favorite athlete of all time and is 90% of the reason I became a 49er fan (Joe Montana is the other 10%). This, however, is not a great idea DURING THE SEASON. Let's see if Rice is still interested after Feb.
[ Edited by trellblaze on Oct 1, 2013 at 8:08 AM ]