There are 92 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Jerry Rice says consulting with 49ers' young receivers would be ‘fantastic'

Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Counsel from the greatest route runner ever. We should be all over this.

Maybe, it would be worth a try, but great players frequently are not very good at coaching.

He taught Owens....gave him the work ethic.
Originally posted by cciowa:
at this point in time, i am the best in my profession in the city where i live. i am a news and sports director for a tv and radio station, i have a live announcing gig on fm radio and do play by play of local high school basketball and football games on tv. sure its small market but i have learned alot, i work hard, i am happy where i am and i am considered to be very good. trust me , that is not ego. i also can not train people to do my job. they do not grasp things as quick as i do and it frustrates me,, just as it would frustrate rice in my opinion to try to teach someone something he is the very best at.
I didn't hear TO complain about Rice or Desean Jackson. Dude said a consultant not a coach. He knows he won't devote himself year round to it. This is why he mentioned consulting specifically
Honestly I see Patton being the only young wr on our roster sticking with rice. Patton has the drive no doubt, dude just needs to stay freaking healthy
I'd rather have Sing comeback and tell the receivers and DB's to engage in the nutcracker drill
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
I'd rather have Sing comeback and tell the receivers and DB's to engage in the nutcracker drill

patton would be great at it. He's so durable
Yorks don't want any of the Eddy D.people around.
Ugh, no.
Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Counsel from the greatest route runner ever. We should be all over this.

Maybe, it would be worth a try, but great players frequently are not very good at coaching.

What exactly would Rice do as a wide receiver consultant?

"Coach, your wrs need to improve their route running. I'm just a consultant, so I can't get on the field and show them, but I can tell them to move their feet. Please direct deposit the million into my account"
rice has been available to our WRs for years, offered to take AJ under his wing too and he is seldom if ever called upon to do so. if rice wants to give u pro tips you better listen. dude was the best football player of all time, anyone at any position can learn something from Jerry
Originally posted by ads_2006:
"Coach, your wrs need to improve their route running. I'm just a consultant, so I can't get on the field and show them, but I can tell them to move their feet. Please direct deposit the million into my account"

Jerry Rice is not the greedy punk you advertise.

Just out of curiosity are you not from SF?

Because you obviously do not understand Jerry Rice.

Do some homework young man.

Originally posted by outside4949:
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:

patton would be great at it. He's so durable

So was eric heitman! Oooh yeah that sucked, i liked heitman :(
Originally posted by 49erWay:
Originally posted by ads_2006:

Jerry Rice is not the greedy punk you advertise.

Just out of curiosity are you not from SF?

Because you obviously do not understand Jerry Rice.

Do some homework young man.

one does not simply understand the essence of jerry rice. His Riceness' words are a blessing to those who hear it. Jerry Rice does not need more cowbell. Jerry Rice is less than a god but more than a man to give the gods a chance.
Originally posted by 190836:

Like Jed York?
Originally posted by Godsleftsock:

Like Jed York?

Yes like Jed York and his daddy.
Yes like Jed York and his daddy.

Originally posted by Godsleftsock:

Like Jed York?

I think the point he was making is that Jed York IS Eddy D's "people".