There are 106 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

DVR ALERT: Top Ten 49ers tonight on NFL Network

Originally posted by NickSh49:
1. Zak Keasey

The keaster, them long locks of golf where devastating to opposing defences :)
The keasy thread!

They had a great list, i could see how this one was a tough one to make!!!!
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Originally posted by matt49er:
The fact that Leo Nomellini, Jimmy Johnson and St. Claire are not on the list makes it a joke to me

so true. They gotta remove Gore & Willis. They are still too young.

Blasphamy :)
Dont inst the football gods! :D
Putting Gore and Willis on the list was just their way of connecting the present with the past. BY not being on the list is a shame, he played his whole career with the 49ers and I think he might even be the team leader in Sacks. As a 4-3 DT and 3-4 DE, that is darn impressive. They should have at least given him a shout out like they did for Hearst and Watters.
[ Edited by threelittlebirds on Sep 29, 2013 at 10:11 AM ]
Originally posted by threelittlebirds:
Putting Gore and Willis on the list was just their way of connecting the present with the past. BY not being on the list is a shame, he played his whole career with the 49ers and I think he might even be the team leader in Sacks. As a 4-3 DT and 3-4 DE, that is darn impressive. They should have at least given him a shout out like they did for Hearst and Watters.

Cedrick Hardman is the all-time sack leader for the 49ers...he was on some very good defenses in the 70s, I didn't watch every minute but I didn't see them get any mention.
Originally posted by frankie:
The fact that Leo Nomellini, Jimmy Johnson and St. Claire are not on the list makes it a joke to me

Nomellini was named as the NT for the all time team (can't remember what the name really was) dude was an animal. The million $ backfield as a whole was a cop-out also, putting them ahead of Young was real dumb 2 IMO.
Originally posted by Harbaalke:
#10 Frank Gore
#9 Charles Haley
#8 Dwight Clark
#7 Roger Craig
#6 Patrick Willis
#5 Steve Young
#4 Million Dollar Backfield
#3 Ronnie Lott
#2 Jerry Rice
#1 Montana

Dwight Clark really shouldn't be on the list.
They should've waited another 4 5 yrs. Aldon, karpernick] , and bowman, would be on there
Originally posted by kray28:
#10 Frank Gore
#9 Charles Haley
#8 Dwight Clark
#7 Roger Craig
#6 Patrick Willis
#5 Steve Young
#3 Ronnie Lott
#2 Jerry Rice
#1 Montana

Charles Haley shouldn't be on that list. Spent way too much of his career elsewhere.
Originally posted by NickSh49:
1. Zak Keasey

The keaster, them long locks of golf where devastating to opposing defences :)
The keasy thread!

They had a great list, i could see how this one was a tough one to make!!!!

• IEAD
  • Veteran
Sorry old farts but T.O. >>>>>>>>>>>>> Dwight Clark
Originally posted by 9ers:
Sorry old farts but T.O. >>>>>>>>>>>>> Dwight Clark

I think the difference of opinion is due to the definition of "Greatest SF 49er's", not the greatest football players that ever played for the 49er's.

TO played roughly half his career in SF, so many of his stats were gained while wearing a different uniform. Same with Charles Haley.

Heck, if we went with the second definition, Neon Deion should probably be on the list.

Yes, Montana, Rice, and Lott finished their careers elsewhere, but the vast majority of their careers were here. Young started elsewhere, but is definitely perceived as a 9'er. TO played in too many different uniforms to be immediately remembered as a San Francisco 49er.
The fact John Brodie did not make the list is unnacceptable. That guy was a legend and to think if the 72 49ers did not blow that NFC Divisional Playoff to Dallas would of probably sent them to the Superbowl. From 70-72 in a 14 game season format they won 27 games. The defense became atrocious after that and then the rest was history. John Brodie deserves to be on the list!

Nomellini was named as the NT for the all time team (can't remember what the name really was) dude was an animal. The million $ backfield as a whole was a cop-out also, putting them ahead of Young was real dumb 2 IMO.

Young was and forever will be the man! Whats hard bout the top 10, is there are soooo many to pick from. Im more curious to see if ya had 20 experts make their lists and see actually how similar to different they are. Some would have craig, hailey, dean the top 10 for niners inparticularly is a somewhat complicated one. Soooo many nfl legends!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Wilcox
Originally posted by socal9er42:
Originally posted by kray28:
#10 Frank Gore
#9 Charles Haley
#8 Dwight Clark
#7 Roger Craig
#6 Patrick Willis
#5 Steve Young
#3 Ronnie Lott
#2 Jerry Rice
#1 Montana

Charles Haley shouldn't be on that list. Spent way too much of his career elsewhere.

Where the f**k is TO at?