There are 81 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS GAMEDAY THREAD (WEEK 8)

Don't think the weather will be much of a negative factor for the 49ers. If anything, it will help them. If high winds make throwing difficult, I don't see how Jacksonville gains a single yard. Their passing game is the only aspect of their team that is potentially dangerous.

If weather makes it a slugfest, the Jags don't stand a chance.
I think it will be a low scoring game, niners won't run them into ground, maybe 17 to 6
<div_prefs id="div_prefs">
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by LVJay:
On a neutral field/no real crowd noise to deal with, Jaguars got a real good chance against this banged up Niners team.

Henne is way better than Gabbert and Blackmon is dangerous. MJD could break a couple of big ones. Their coach use to be the CAWKS DC in seaderrall, he's familiar with the Niners...

The Niners are out gallivanting and not focused. 34-27 Jaguars (easily)! Take that to the bankrupt!!

No real crowd noise? So you weren't there last time the Niners played at Wembley, were you?

Wembley is sold out and will have over 80,000 very vocal fans and the Niners are likely to win the noise battle by a substantial margin same as last time.

By the way, I am calling BS on the out gallivanting invention. Both Harbaugh and the ILBs looked totally focused today. Harbaugh discussed the importance of staying focused and not overlooking the Jags, making it clear he considered them a worthy opponent. Why does this stuff get made up by people?

JK. OMG, I got a MOD on this post ...

Sorry, man, I was just trying to catch a fresh-noob with this (non-sense) comment
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 228niner:
I think it will be a low scoring game, niners won't run them into ground, maybe 17 to 6
<div_prefs id="div_prefs">

in the first quarter
The Jaguars run defense is #32 in the league. Their pass defense is #19. Do people really think the Jaguars can stop the Niners running game? Really?

Their offense is #29 in the league - #31 in rushing and tied for #19 in passing. Does anyone think the Jaguars can run on the Niners? Really?

Even though this should be a win, this is a ridiculous situation for the Niners. If they win by three or four TD's, people will say, " well, it's the Jaguars." If they win by a TD, people will say, "the Niners suck. What's wrong with them?"
Originally posted by GNielsen:
The Jaguars run defense is #32 in the league. Their pass defense is #19. Do people really think the Jaguars can stop the Niners running game? Really?

Their offense is #29 in the league - #31 in rushing and tied for #19 in passing. Does anyone think the Jaguars can run on the Niners? Really?

Even though this should be a win, this is a ridiculous situation for the Niners. If they win by three or four TD's, people will say, " well, it's the Jaguars." If they win by a TD, people will say, "the Niners suck. What's wrong with them?"

Agreed that's the why we need to get out to a big lead then put McCoy and the rest of the scrub squad in.

I don't care how much we win by as long as we win and they are no significant injuries to any of our starters. Other than the fact that it's in London this is the most insignificant game from a competition standpoint that the Niners have played in a few years.
  • buck
  • Veteran

Not me. I just want a win--and I do not care what the score is.

A win with no injuries would be excellent. .
  • LVJay
  • Veteran

True. But it's always better to go with the 3 or 4 TDs, which is how it should turn out by the end of the game. If it's closer than that, I'll take it. The truth will come out when we go to New Orleans and MNF against the CAWKS.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Agreed that's the why we need to get out to a big lead then put McCoy and the rest of the scrub squad in.

I don't care how much we win by as long as we win and they are no significant injuries to any of our starters. Other than the fact that it's in London this is the most insignificant game from a competition standpoint that the Niners have played in a few years.

This
How the Niners going to get home. Monday they are calling for the storm of the century in London.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
How the Niners going to get home. Monday they are calling for the storm of the century in London.

Here's hoping the nasty storm being forecast is later in arriving than predicted. Get through the game safe & sound, then they have a couple extra days before returning home if need be. Don't know about London's storm shelter provision for severe conditions.

No problem ... 12 in the box.
Anyone know if this game is a nationally televised game or not? I dont have cable but I have NFL Sunday Ticket and I want to know if I need to head to the bar to watch the game.
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
Anyone know if this game is a nationally televised game or not? I dont have cable but I have NFL Sunday Ticket and I want to know if I need to head to the bar to watch the game.

I believe London games are always nationally televised.
Originally posted by theninermaniac:

http://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2013&wk=8

Second map... if you live in the green area than yeah but most of the country gets Det and Dallas.

And no London games in the past haven't been nationally televised. It's a big deal over there but not over here.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Oct 26, 2013 at 4:18 PM ]
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home