There are 320 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS GAMEDAY THREAD (WEEK 8)

Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by real9erfan:
Around 20 mph makes a lot more sense than 70 mph. There's no way anyone can play a game with 70 mph winds. I believe 75 mph is classified as a hurricane. In any case, it looks like Wembley Stadium has a partially retractable roof, to where it could possibly minimize the effect that weather conditions will have on the field. Can anyone in England confirm that?

Yep.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wembley_Stadium

Are you going to the game?

Oh yes!!!

Latest weather: sunshine and showers Sunday. 70-80 mph winds and an inch of rain Sunday night/Monday morning just when I am flying up to Leeds, the highest and most exposed airport in the UK. Damn!

Hell yes!
Bill Williamson ‏@BWilliamsonESPN 2m #49ers Questionable Baldwin (illness), Dorsey (hamstring), McDonald (biceps), Rogers (knee), J. Smith (shoulder).

Bill Williamson ‏@BWilliamsonESPN 2m #49ers Barring setback, expect them all to play Sunday
Around 20 mph makes a lot more sense than 70 mph. There's no way anyone can play a game with 70 mph winds. I believe 75 mph is classified as a hurricane. In any case, it looks like Wembley Stadium has a partially retractable roof, to where it could possibly minimize the effect that weather conditions will have on the field. Can anyone in England confirm that?

I'm not in England but as I understand it Wembley stadium has covered seating. I mean all the seating is covered from overhead but there still an opening in the top of the stadium.
Originally posted by ninerjok:
I'm not in England but as I understand it Wembley stadium has covered seating. I mean all the seating is covered from overhead but there still an opening in the top of the stadium.

All British stadia have covered seating. The famous British weather is not to be sneered at. It's miserable to sit for two hours on that proverbial wet Tuesday night in Stoke (a famous soccer joke over here) without a roof over your head. We're practical people over here.

It always amazed me why football stadia over in the US are almost all uncovered, what with your weather extremes over there. It's either dome, or freeze (or get sunstroke in the old AZ stadium), or get soaked in Seattle. I almost always go for LR seats at Candlestick under the cover. In Seattle this year I sat on the covered upper section and was laughing when that storm soaked everyone (I was laughing somewhat less when I saw how awful we looked on the field ). But Philly, Foxboro, Chicago, the Meadowlands (just to name a few non-dome ballparks I've been in) are all uncovered. Is it some kind of machismo? I get that the players are exposed to the elements, but the paying fans? Why?
[ Edited by paulk205 on Oct 25, 2013 at 12:26 PM ]
Originally posted by paulk205:

All British stadia have covered seating. The famous British weather is not to be sneered at. It's miserable to sit for two hours on that proverbial wet Tuesday night in Stoke (a famous soccer joke over here) without a roof over your head. We're practical people over here.

It always amazed me why football stadia over in the US are almost all uncovered, what with your weather extremes over there. It's either dome, or freeze (or get sunstroke in the old AZ stadium), or get soaked in Seattle. I almost always go for LR seats at Candlestick under the cover. In Seattle this year I sat on the covered upper section and was laughing when that storm soaked everyone (I was laughing somewhat less when I saw how awful we looked on the field ). But Philly, Foxboro, Chicago, the Meadowlands (just to name a few non-dome ballparks I've been in) are all uncovered. Is it some kind of machismo? I get that the players are exposed to the elements, but the paying fans? Why?

You lost me at "stadia"...
44-0

Niners
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
44-0

Niners

Nice
  • dwett
  • Veteran
44-0

Niners

Nice
May need to be better then that. Normally hate to look ahead but couldn't help myself If the niners win out and the seahawks only lose the game to us. We would both have 14-2 records, have the lose to each other and the lose to the colts. So if I understand this strength of victory would come into play.

Need to go college football style here. Score as many as possible just for simple style points.

I say we break the biggest win in NFL history 73-0, Bears over Redskins. Niners 77 (no FG allowed) Jags 0.

http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures
Bill Williamson ‏@BWilliamsonESPN 2m #49ers Questionable Baldwin (illness), Dorsey (hamstring), McDonald (biceps), Rogers (knee), J. Smith (shoulder).

Bill Williamson ‏@BWilliamsonESPN 2m #49ers Barring setback, expect them all to play Sunday

i bet harbaugh is telling the team to end the game by halftime so we can rest everyone lol
This is a game I wouldn't be mad if we ran the score up by halftime, and stayed conservative during the final two quarters to escape healthy to the bye week.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Kaps' passes can slice through heavy winds/a hurricane...
44-0

Niners

Nice

I am a better forecaster.

It's going to be raining @ Wemblay during the game.
Bradley's still probably not right because he just lost his father (my condolences)
The team is probably not as focused as the 9ers are. Blackmon and Shorts and MJD are beasts.

49ers: 27
Jax: 10
Bradley, wasn't he the defensive coordinator last year when Seatlle beat down the 49ers. I guess he doesn't have the same players now, but this team might give enough of a fight early.
Go 49ers! Ready for Sunday!
Originally posted by Chaoslord209:
Originally posted by paulk205:

You lost me at "stadia"...

Stadia is plural for stadium