There are 149 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS GAMEDAY THREAD (WEEK 8)

Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
70mph? Are they still allowed to play under those conditions? Thats a tropical storm almost a category 1 hurricane wind speed. If Andy Lee punts with the wind he might punt it out of the stadium, and Phil Dawson might be able to kick a 99 yd FG. Record breaking day for the special team specialists. Cool.

40 mph is the forecast, in gusts. As for rain, the expectation is that it will be showery all day, which should make the field soggy (Wembley's pitch is rather heavy I'm afraid). Most of the heavy rain is expected after midnight though (the game starts at 5 pm local time, as we get out of Daylight Savings this weekend and the time difference becomes only 4 hours (7 from the Pacific) until you lot change over as well in a couple of weeks.

Expect to see even less passing and even more grinding with Frank. Fine by me
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 21,135
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Originally posted by CainanUK:
Weather report looking really interesting for Sunday late afternoon / evening... Not particularly cold but very heavy rain forecast with wind gusts potentially topping 70mph. Wouldn't expect much from the passing games.

70mph? Are they still allowed to play under those conditions? Thats a tropical storm almost a category 1 hurricane wind speed. If Andy Lee punts with the wind he might punt it out of the stadium, and Phil Dawson might be able to kick a 99 yd FG. Record breaking day for the special team specialists. Cool.


70 mph? That's a freaking Hurricane. Kap goes back to throw and his ball will end up in Barcelona. Lol.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Originally posted by CainanUK:
Weather report looking really interesting for Sunday late afternoon / evening... Not particularly cold but very heavy rain forecast with wind gusts potentially topping 70mph. Wouldn't expect much from the passing games.

70mph? Are they still allowed to play under those conditions? Thats a tropical storm almost a category 1 hurricane wind speed. If Andy Lee punts with the wind he might punt it out of the stadium, and Phil Dawson might be able to kick a 99 yd FG. Record breaking day for the special team specialists. Cool.


70 mph? That's a freaking Hurricane. Kap goes back to throw and his ball will end up in Barcelona. Lol.

My sister lives there and confirms this. They are calling for hurricane type weather.

If true that is bs. Would make the game a toss up. Anything could happen.
70mph? feed the gore
It is virtually an indoor stadium, no? Sort of looks like the Cowboys stadium.

  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 21,135
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
It is virtually an indoor stadium, no? Sort of looks like the Cowboys stadium.



It is practically a dome stadium, that should help.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Originally posted by CainanUK:
Weather report looking really interesting for Sunday late afternoon / evening... Not particularly cold but very heavy rain forecast with wind gusts potentially topping 70mph. Wouldn't expect much from the passing games.

70mph? Are they still allowed to play under those conditions? Thats a tropical storm almost a category 1 hurricane wind speed. If Andy Lee punts with the wind he might punt it out of the stadium, and Phil Dawson might be able to kick a 99 yd FG. Record breaking day for the special team specialists. Cool.


70 mph? That's a freaking Hurricane. Kap goes back to throw and his ball will end up in Barcelona. Lol.

My sister lives there and confirms this. They are calling for hurricane type weather.

If true that is bs. Would make the game a toss up. Anything could happen.

a toss up ?...so that extreme weather makes us suck and makes Jax better ?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 25,430
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Originally posted by CainanUK:
Weather report looking really interesting for Sunday late afternoon / evening... Not particularly cold but very heavy rain forecast with wind gusts potentially topping 70mph. Wouldn't expect much from the passing games.

70mph? Are they still allowed to play under those conditions? Thats a tropical storm almost a category 1 hurricane wind speed. If Andy Lee punts with the wind he might punt it out of the stadium, and Phil Dawson might be able to kick a 99 yd FG. Record breaking day for the special team specialists. Cool.


70 mph? That's a freaking Hurricane. Kap goes back to throw and his ball will end up in Barcelona. Lol.

My sister lives there and confirms this. They are calling for hurricane type weather.

If true that is bs. Would make the game a toss up. Anything could happen.

a toss up ?...so that extreme weather makes us suck and makes Jax better ?
a toss up? i believe in trying to be objective but wow
I would give the Jaguars the advantage actually. Because this is TEH TRAP GAMEZ!!!!
3 tds for gire
Originally posted by SportsFan:
My sister lives there and confirms this. They are calling for hurricane type weather.

If true that is bs. Would make the game a toss up. Anything could happen.

I also live here and I can confirm that they're saying 20-40 mph. 70 KILOMETRES per hour perhaps
Originally posted by paulk205:
I also live here and I can confirm that they're saying 20-40 mph. 70 KILOMETRES per hour perhaps

K. Still with extreme weather anything can happen. Couple of unfortunate turnovers. Just want this game to be over and done with.
Just don't like the way, even Cohn, is saying this game is a sure win. Yes we should win but a winless team is always dangerous. Throw in crazy weather and a west coast team traveling to London and.....
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Just don't like the way, even Cohn, is saying this game is a sure win. Yes we should win but a winless team is always dangerous. Throw in crazy weather and a west coast team traveling to London and.....

Well it's a good thing everyone that IS saying this game is a sure win doesn't lace up their cleats, tighten their chin straps, and put those helmets on then come Sunday.
LMAO at anyone who is even a little worried about this game