There are 114 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS GAMEDAY THREAD (WEEK 8)

• mayo49
  • Veteran
I want to see more read option this Sunday. Keep their defense honest while opening up the passing game.
Originally posted by mayo49:
I want to see more read option this Sunday. Keep their defense honest while opening up the passing game.

they have one of the worst run defenses in the league. so naturally, we'll leave LMJ inactive and go pass heavy on them.

If there's a game for Roman to get cute, it's this one.
Originally posted by verb1der:

lets try that pitch to Ginn again
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Ugh..
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Ugh..

I say let LMJ do a screen just to satisfy everyone, lol
Hopefully, Hunter will get a lot of carries this week. Gore can use the rest and it would be good to see Kendall get back to the form he had most of last season. I think there's a pretty fair chance he will have a good day on Sunday.
[ Edited by 49erphan on Oct 24, 2013 at 2:50 PM ]
Weather report looking really interesting for Sunday late afternoon / evening... Not particularly cold but very heavy rain forecast with wind gusts potentially topping 70mph. Wouldn't expect much from the passing games.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

you must have missed the greg roman thread this week,,, he is god this week
If the conditions are wet and windy which the weather seems to be forecasting so far, that might equalize the game some.
Ok, imma post a question on here because this is the most boring pregame thread we had in a while. So, honestly Im trying to get some opinions from the zone about who you guys think is better now, not three or four years ago, maybe a year or two ago. I know Asomugha didn't do good when he was misused with the Feagles, but I haven't really followed Wright and don't know much about him. Soooo...
Who do you guys think is better now between Asomugha and Wright? I know we haven't seen Wright yet, but for anybody that followed him, is he better than Nnamdi if healthy? What can he bring to the team that Nnamdi can't? Does Wright has any special teams experience? Who would you rather have on the field now?
For me, I don't really know about Wright but just judging from what I've seen from Nnamdi, I rather have Nnamdi on the field than Wright IMHO. I know a lot of people will disagree with me but I don't think Nnamdi is playing that bad this year, he was pretty good when he was in man coverage. He just got caught up in the Alex Smith situation where you get hurt and the next man step up and take over your spot which Brock is taking advantage of. But I think he still has something in the tank and good enough to start for another team. What you guys think?
Originally posted by ninerjok:
If the conditions are wet and windy which the weather seems to be forecasting so far, that might equalize the game some.

Yeah it's gonna be a huge equalizer for the 49ers vs their staff getting all the towels, refreshments, and fans running, as the players will be moving slow off the field as the ball boys. -Great matchup for the entire 49ers team.

At first, I thought that, but looking a little closer, I think it favors us a bit. Our WR's, TE's, and RB's are good in tight spaces, when things are more physical.

I'm a little worried about our defense though. We have a lot of players who rely on quickness.

No this only helps the niners. Jags are dead last in rushing offense and defense and rain and wind forces teams to run the ball. The niners are no where near their rush defense of the past couple of years (has a lot to do with injuries) but we are stout against the run and are 3rd in rushing offense. So I would say a good windy rainy day will really hurt the Jags.
This will be a blowout, but I expect at least 10 garbage points from the Jags in the final quarter, book it.

49ers beat the old 1994 record, and become first squad in franchise history to win 5 straight while putting up 30+, and only allowing -20.

49ers 37
Jags 10