There are 72 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS GAMEDAY THREAD (WEEK 8)

  • Buchy
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 686
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Do you guys think that the team is loosing focus and having a little too much fun spending the whole week in London shopping and sight seeing? IMO, thats all I've been reading and hearing so far. Yes they practiced today but I hope they're not taking the Jags lightly. This will be the most embarrassing loss in history if we come out flat. Remember, Any Given Sunday, and their head coach was the Cawks defensive coordinator last season and he knows how to game plan against us. Just a thought, Im saying were gonna lose, but just don't want them to get too comfortable and take the Jags lightly.

No

Agreed.

I think Harbaugh is far too good, and competitive, a coach to go to sleep on a team. He'll be making sure the team are focused because if we slip up the the road to the Superbowl is through C-Link.
Originally posted by RealShaloop:
Could this game be considered an extra home game for us because I can't imagine that there will be more jax fans than sf fans. Maybe not an extra home game but maybe not necessarily a road test or crowd? Lol not that playing in jax wouldve been some kind of homefield advantage for the jags anyway

There might be some bag covered heads

Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
im pretty sure Andy Dalton is satan himself. hes gotta be the most evil looking dude in the world lol

It's the soulless ginger thing.
Originally posted by frankie:
But whats on the pizza :)

Double anchovies with green olives and candy corn. Roman looks like that type.
Originally posted by ace52:
I think this game will be more competitive than most people think. The Jags were trailing Denver by only 2 points after three quarters in their game, before collapsing in the fourth. So they are not that bad. Plus our players may be looking ahead to the bye week (I sure hope not though).

Denver has a turaible defense...just turrable.
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Originally posted by RealShaloop:
Could this game be considered an extra home game for us because I can't imagine that there will be more jax fans than sf fans. Maybe not an extra home game but maybe not necessarily a road test or crowd? Lol not that playing in jax wouldve been some kind of homefield advantage for the jags anyway

There might be some bag covered heads


Hipster senses are going off. Leather/Jean jackets. Mustaches. Pun. I can practically see the Djarium cigarettes in the left breast pocket.
Originally posted by RealShaloop:
Could this game be considered an extra home game for us because I can't imagine that there will be more jax fans than sf fans. Maybe not an extra home game but maybe not necessarily a road test or crowd? Lol not that playing in jax wouldve been some kind of homefield advantage for the jags anyway

The UK is pretty thick with 49er fans to begin with. They built a pretty decent fan base back in the glory days. This WILL be like an extra home game.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/othersports/article-2271987/Super-Bowl-fever-sets-Britain-49ers-ready.html

The San Francisco 49ers will go for their first Super Bowl crown in almost two decades on Sunday night but they can count on strong British support from fans who still remember their glory days in the 1980s.

The 49ers - who will face the Baltimore Ravens in New Orleans - last won the NFL's biggest prize in 1994. It was their fifth championship in 14 years - a flood of silverware for the team named after prospectors who raced to California in the gold rush.

That period of dominance coincided with the NFL's first wave of popularity in the UK and the effects are still felt today.


Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
Hipster senses are going off. Leather/Jean jackets. Mustaches. Pun. I can practically see the Djarium cigarettes in the left breast pocket.

All that's missing is a douche wearing horn rimmed non prescription glasses and a hounds tooth pork pie hat.
Looks like we dodged a bullet for next year. Here are the 3 London games next year: (2nd team is home)

Dallas Cowboys vs. Jacksonville Jaguars
Detroit Lions vs. Atlanta Falcons
Miami Dolphins vs. Oakland Raiders

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24131761/nfl-announces-matchups-for-3-london-games-in-2014
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 20,074
Go, Niners, go!
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Looks like we dodged a bullet for next year. Here are the 3 London games next year: (2nd team is home)

Dallas Cowboys vs. Jacksonville Jaguars
Detroit Lions vs. Atlanta Falcons
Miami Dolphins vs. Oakland Raiders

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24131761/nfl-announces-matchups-for-3-london-games-in-2014

uh oh, that means 9ers @ Oakland next season. Better order your bulletproof vest now.
Jags are 16.5 pt underdogs
When do the 49ers play in Dallas or in Houston again? That's what I need.
Originally posted by Dajanksta:
When do the 49ers play in Dallas or in Houston again? That's what I need.

We play in Dallas next year.

We don't play in Houston until 2017.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 20,074
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by Dajanksta:
When do the 49ers play in Dallas or in Houston again? That's what I need.

We play in Dallas next year.

We don't play in Houston until 2017.


I still wouldn't want to play Dallas at Dallas.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home