There are 173 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS GAMEDAY THREAD (WEEK 8)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
Anyone a little concerned about Brock? After that dropped INT, couple of plays later, he gives up a TD pass looking to jump another route. If teams were smart, they'd have WRs do double moves on him.

As someone who has been in his corner from the get go that's sort of him. One play he gets an int or a nice pass breakup next play he gives up a longer play or td or makes a mistake. Maybe it was because of the score that he bit on that without help over the top but in a close game he probably wouldn't do that unless you have help. Nate Clements use to do that a lot and most of the time it cost him. If he comes cheap enough I'd re-sign him before FA because you never know all it takes is one bad team out there to throw a boat load at him. He has 3 picks in 4 games and I think 1 dropped one in this game and I think one in the Cardinals game. Might have had another drop or 2 on top of that. He has been one of the main reasons our D has turned it around. Helps playing easier teams too. Dorsey has also stepped up and might be better than Williams.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Oct 27, 2013 at 4:27 PM ]
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Niners defeat London Shaguars...

Are the Niners gonna leave Okoye in London
Anyone a little concerned about Brock? After that dropped INT, couple of plays later, he gives up a TD pass looking to jump another route. If teams were smart, they'd have WRs do double moves on him.

He picked off the titans pretty easily when they tried it on him last week. He just got a little wide eyed in a blow out.
Originally posted by Gore_21:

As someone who has been in his corner from the get go that's sort of him. One play he gets an int or a nice pass breakup next play he gives up a longer play or td or makes a mistake. Maybe it was because of the score that he bit on that without help over the top but in a close game he probably wouldn't do that unless you have help. Nate Clements use to do that a lot and most of the time it cost him. If he comes cheap enough I'd re-sign him before FA because you never know all it takes is one bad team out there to throw a boat load at him. He has 3 picks in 4 games and I think 1 dropped one in this game and I think one in the Cardinals game. Might have had another drop or 2 on top of that. He has been one of the main reasons our D has turned it around. Helps playing easier teams too. Dorsey has also stepped up and might be better than Williams.

I havent seen the replay. Where was the safety help?
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Sure was nice of the league to give 49ers two BYE weeks in a row...

Brock sucks.

Except for the games where he's awesome.
Originally posted by LVJay:

Why would they? Unless that's where he's gonna stay during the bye. They won't have to cut him to make room for the injured guys.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by Gore_21:

I bet a hando that if the commentators don 't mention him trying to steal the cheese, this subject never comes up. OMG a CB allowed a touchdown guessing wrong on the route.

Not worried at all. He's had fantastic coverage all year long, and makes plays on the ball. The TD was a bad mental error. It looked like he expected safety help over the top. It happens from time to time. That's the first time this year I've seen him blow the coverage.

he was just aggressive.

he jumped the route and should have had the pick

they showed the same look so he jumped it again. it was a double move.

last week he didn't fall for the double move

he'll improve

Originally posted by cwilson830:

Brock sucks.

Perfect epitome of the webzone lol.
Originally posted by cwilson830:

Brock sucks.

THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ BROCK is awesome this season. He got fooled on one play in a blowout. No worries.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

If you can get to it it's the Mike Brown 29 Yard TD on the side. I hate NFL videos so hard to use and I had to click every video before I got it. I clicked the one I wanted 10 times and it just took me to other videos. If you can get to it at 11 seconds they show Whitner helping Rogers underneath (no idea if that's what he was suppose to do). He kind of sat in the middle and by the time he headed over was too late. I doubt Brock was suppose to jump it without safety help.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2013102701/2013/REG8/49ers@jaguars

Also, guys just because someone says they are a little concerned with Brock doesn't mean you have to over exaggerate and say OMG wz posters brock is so great then sucks, typical WZ!! Nobody said that. And if someone does overact you guys overreacting to the overreaction is just as annoying. Meaning turning I'm a little concerned with Brock into typical webzone Brock sucks he gave up 1 play cut him is just as annoying as if a person would have overreacted to a play. Just my thoughts; hopefully that made sense.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Oct 27, 2013 at 6:36 PM ]
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by btthepunk:

Why would they? Unless that's where he's gonna stay during the bye. They won't have to cut him to make room for the injured guys.

JK... I don't mind him staying. Actually, I hope the project pans out for the future.
Originally posted by btthepunk:

JK... I don't mind him staying. Actually, I hope the project pans out for the future.

Gotcha. I thought you were worried that they were.
Share 49ersWebzone